Sexout Pause CTD Fix

View File

Hello

Sexout has a function to pause the timer on a sex act, essentially letting you ogle at the pretty animations for as long as you like without the characters finishing.

As anyone who has tried to use this feature in the last few years will tell you, this functionality is completely broken. On my last playthrough in 2022, pressing it would simply do nothing, and these days it will flat-out crash the game for me, with no error. I don't know what specifically is causing this to happen, but it can be attributed to the lack of maintenance of Sexout and/or the NVSE_Extender that it uses or a lack of interest from xNVSE devs to preserve NVSE_Extender functionality.

What the SexoutPosNew script does in order to pause the timer is cast the SexoutNGPause effect on the player. For some inexplicable reason, this causes a CTD.

In my attempts to debug, I noticed that the game will NOT crash if you cast the effect directly from the console.

So, my workaround is to replace the cast with the Console script function added by JIP, which I set to cast the effect on the player.

It's inelegant even for a workaround, but it works, I can't think of any drawbacks, and it's better than a CTD.

tl;dr Sexout's pause feature is broken. This fixes it by tricking the game into running a console command. Load after SexPosNew.esp

If this works it would honestly be quite epic!

Sadly I don't have the means to test it right now due to not having the game installed on any of my stuff! But soon I think I will inevitably fire up Vegas again. And also it is nice to have something to look forward to when spending frigging hours setting up a play-through.

What I find genuinely strange however, is how poorly Sexout seems to preform in comparison to it's contemporaries! And I don't just mean in recent years either! Sexout has been kinda bad even before that.

I look at something, like for instance the Oblivion's equivalent which I only recently tried out and who's name I cannot even remember of the top of my head, but from what I saw it seemed to pull SO much more functionality from a single sex dialogue mod I found, then Sexout ever did.

I mean it seemed to have so better implemented usage of voices, to actual sex talks via text, even better positioning. This mind you on game that is SO much less looked after (mod wise) then NV!

Seriously I don't recall Sexout ever working that well with any of it's mods!