all bodyslide built armor is invisible?

hi guys

i must be screwing up badly somewhere!

currently running SSE gog version 1.6 (s thats as high as it goes).Initially i couldnt see the textures when trying to preview in bodyslide,i then copied the textures folder to the root from the data folder,and i could then see textures applied on the mesh in bodyslide and rebuild and tried re equiping ingame.

also tried this with other CBBE armors with the same problem,but in game still not showing? strange thing is the hairpiece is showing fine.. weird

really appreciate any help

ScreenShot0.png

1. Open nif in NifSkope.
  2. For every BSTriShape:
    1. BSDismemberSkinInstance -> Parititions -> Partitions -> Body Part
  3. Open esp/esl/esm that contains the ARMA and ARMO records for this outfit in xEdit.
  4. ARMO -> BOD2 - Biped Body Template -> First Person Flags (sorted)
  5. ARMA -> BOD2 - Biped Body Template -> First Person Flags (sorted)

Note that the slots aren't always the same. Helmets for instance use different slots for nif and ARMA/ARMO. Typically using the same value avoids problems, otherwise you want to find an example elsewhere (like a vanilla helmet or outfit).

i think youve put me onto the problem traison..

only NIF file is for the headwings,none for the body boots etc,same in the original archive.

but when i look in SSEedit (xedit doesnt seem to work with this version of the SE) i can see the base NIF file it needs which is:   Clothes\Chef\F\TorsoGND.nif as in the attached pic.

thing is TorsonGND.nif doesnt exist in that folder; only:

1stpersonchef_0.nif, 

1stpersonchef_1.nif,  

chef_0.nif,  

chef_1.nif

im starting to wonder if the GOG version is somehow put together differently? 

1skyrimarmo.jpg

1 hour ago, butterdog said:

i must be screwing up badly somewhere!

Always a good idea to begin with the Law of Parsimony.

You have not given any information other than your exe version and 'all bodyslide armour is invisible'.

If this is happening with all armour and clothing then the cause is unlikely to be a slot mismatch.

If it is just this succubus outfit then check the support thread where you got the mod to see if anyone else is having a similar problem.

Assuming your game works without mods or with mods but without you doing anything in BS - go and have another look at how to use bodyslide.

GND is the ground mesh, not relevant here. ARMO records do not contain the nif references you're looking for, those are in the associated ARMA records.

Edit: Also xEdit = SSEEdit = FO4Edit = etc. Rename SSEEdit.exe to FO4Edit.exe and it will put it into "Fallout 4 mode". It's a silly mechanic that no other application I know uses. Very arbitrary, but certainly easier for the average user than having to fiddle with arguments ie. "xEdit.exe --skyrim". It's probably just a confusing concept to the ones that have worked with computers for the past 30 years.

Edited by traison

If it really is a slot issue, you can convert all of the BSDismemberSkinInstances into NiSkinInstances by right-clicking on the block and selecting convert in Nifskope. Then the partition will only be controlled by the plugin and you won't get the invisible armor from the mismatch. 

If you have this problem with multiple mods and/or you couldn't see the textures to start with you may other problems.

Before installing a mod, always check out it´s data structure. Do not install something blindly....it can be happening, that the authors of mods do not know too much about the game or/and folder-structures. As user you have to be sure to use the correct versions and suiting mods, before adding a first-aid-thread. And you then should be able to exactly define, what is going on your partition/setup of skyrim, also if it is SSE-which is an own "hard-metal-chapter" of modding-experience, doubtless.

xEdit and others I´d let aside of this all as this helpers have a true chance of a nebula-engine against a clear-sky view onto the installation, which seems to me as easy as possible, talking ONLY about a not yet working clothing mod.

If you have copied or dragged !! the texture-files somewhere else apart from the data-folder, you can at once delete that result again. Nonsence!

If the mod is working for SSE 1.6, you simply have an issure with bodyslide, which maybe is not writing the clothing into the target folders, where the esp is picking the morphs from. Start the Creation-Kit, load the not working mod and look where the cloth is !!! If there it is also not available or EMPTY (maybe only names for the stuff without any assets available), in that case you have that error of the esp searching for the target folder, which uses BS to write it´s data into. Standard settings are normally all suiting with each other. Anyway is it possible that the folders do not match.

If that is all well, it is possible that the gamebryo-files do not contain the correct slot-options for the clothing (make sure that the mod is indeed made for your game´s version.

And a last chance is simply the missing skin-flags inside of the gamebryo-files which also do not allow to show skinned objects on characters, if not set active.