Ways to make nudity/revealing clothing mean something?

So I've been playing around with ways to make being naked or having revealing clothing actually mean something, but I've never been quite happy with the results.

Solutions I've experimented with so far:

Spoiler

With Fall of the Dragonborn it's nigh impossible to balance exposure gain properly, and the penalties for high Break are really high (also it can be a bit fiddly to deal with).

Sexlab adventure's proximity rape system features a lot of customizability, but the consequences just boil down to instant rape, which I prefer to reserve for more dire situations than just wearing something mildly provocative.

Sexlab fame comments features some interesting content that would be perfect if the fame system was more robust, but exhibitionism fame completely ignores revealing clothing and can be severely inflated by wearing certain devious devices.

Babodialogue and Sexlab Approach are expansive and can react to many different types of outfits, but generally add an undercurrent of misogyny that I just don't vibe with.

The only option I've felt worked quite well is Spank That Ass, and it simply doesn't accomplish everything I would like.

TL;DR, most options either don't allow enough fine-tuning of cause (lacking support for revealing outfits) or effect (defaulting to rape with no lighter consequences), or just don't mesh with the rest of the modlist well.

I'd be curious to hear how others have addressed this problem! Or perhaps it may be that I'm the only one who's this bothered by it...

Edited by Aldid

What exactly did you have in mind with lighter consequences? I feel like you're limited to what you can do that will actually affect the player. For example SL Survival has NPCs whistle at you which slowly whittles down your Devious Followers willpower.

1 hour ago, wareware said:

What exactly did you have in mind with lighter consequences? I feel like you're limited to what you can do that will actually affect the player. For example SL Survival has NPCs whistle at you which slowly whittles down your Devious Followers willpower.

Oh, I've been neglecting that feature! Thinking about it, that may actually be just what I need...

You mean consequences for the PC?

You could use Sexlab Disparity. The SSE version can be found here and you can read the explanation for the LE version here. You can do all kinds of things with Disparity (buffs and debuffs to skill, speed, magicka/ health/ stamina, and other things) based on what you're wearing - including nudity (and various Devious Devices worn).

Edited by Anunya
14 hours ago, Aldid said:

Sexlab fame comments features some interesting content that would be perfect if the fame system was more robust, but exhibitionism fame completely ignores revealing clothing and can be severely inflated by wearing certain devious devices.

The next version of SLSF Fame Comments (coming soon) will include MCM switches to set your outfit as either 'Topless' or 'Skimpy,' with associated comments and events of course. Most of these are just existing mod comments and events newly applied (e.g., comments on breasts would now apply to a PC either naked or wearing topless clothing or armor.) Some are new.

As you note, the underlying SLSF fame system is not perfect for nudity because wearing devices will also increase SLSF Exhibitionism fame, but many of the mod's comments and events are primarily based on nudity status (or now wearing skimpy or topless clothing/armor). In other words, while a reputation for exhibitionism will draw comments, in the logic of the mod, a PC who is naked or topless, etc. is more likely to be subject to an offer of sex or forced sex than a clothed PC who has a reputation for exhibitionism (though the latter will certainly get forcibly stripped from time to time).   

5 hours ago, Anunya said:

You could use Sexlab Disparity. The SSE version can be found here and you can read the explanation for the LE version here. You can do all kinds of things with Disparity (buffs and debuffs to skill, speed, magicka/ health/ stamina, and other things) based on what you're wearing - including nudity (and various Devious Devices worn).

I might have to play around with that! I've always thought Disparity seemed interesting as a concept, but I never had any particular uses in mind.

4 hours ago, Gristle said:

The next version of SLSF Fame Comments (coming soon) will include MCM switches to set your outfit as either 'Topless' or 'Skimpy,' with associated comments and events of course. Most of these are just existing mod comments and events newly applied (e.g., comments on breasts would now apply to a PC either naked or wearing topless clothing or armor.) Some are new.

I'm looking forward to it! SLSF Comments rarely leaves my mod list.