Does resizing objects manually makes them lose collisions ?

Question here is exactly what you have scaled!

Inside of Creation Kit it is possible to scale objects together with their collision-the whole file is being resized...but if you have this as a mod and if you want to do that all serious-way, you have to edit the gamebryo-files of that boats directly.

And there it is the question if the existing collisions a) do follow to the new size, depending on the way how the collision is sitting inside of the file and b) it is then important that the collision has the serious parameters to become scaled at all.

It´s technically the best to create beside the existing boats some new ones with your wished suiting SIZE and check out, which one is ideal for your demands.

If you like you can resize the boats to your desired size and then we can add a suiting NEW collision then. I think that you want to use the boats in real-access with the character on top on water!?

Ups, I got a view onto it and it has not to do with real water-collision and the boat-player collision-I can not help herewith as this stuff is related to use an existing animation-behavior which I don ´t know by now. If you scale the boat it might have no effect on the players place as this stuff is always acting with animations in same place, then...means you can not change the scale.

IF you rescale the boats, you need to change the node, where those animations are taking place-you have to change those node´s height and in that case the actors will act HIGHER, suitng to your new boat-model. then....that´s how I think it is working for your tests.

There's a mod that allows you to see your collision mesh, fwiw.  Might help with an empirical determination.

Dynamic Collision Adjustment

Maybe test with scale 1, then scale 1.25, then 1.5, and so forth, until you know it is or isn't scaling with the body. 

what @t.ara asked is what I thought of too. "Question here is exactly what you have scaled!". 

Edited by anjenthedog

Your post title is right on the money: the answer is "no". The Papyrus function SetScale does not scale an object's collision. This is mentioned in the Creation Kit Wiki documentation: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=SetScale_-_ObjectReference, under "Notes". If you want them bigger, you'll have to scale them up in CK (if they are placed objects and not spawned in by script), or scale up the entire model directly.

Thanks everyone! should i change the node, or scale the entire boat object inside Creation Kit and maybe that would generate collisions automatically ?

These boats are added around various ports of Skyrim and they can also be summoned with magic. I am looking to increase the size of all these boats that can be summoned.

54 minutes ago, Tinxi said:

Thanks everyone! should i change the node, or scale the entire boat object inside Creation Kit and maybe that would generate collisions automatically ?

These boats are added around various ports of Skyrim and they can also be summoned with magic. I am looking to increase the size of all these boats that can be summoned.

I would take the dedicated single gamebryo file and carefully edit them....better, resize the models inside of 3d-software and then you can also apply the nodes and set their height by TESTING slowly to the correct heights.

In that case is your change a professional one and directly suits to the existing mod. Your stuff can be added additionally and you can additionally share the changes.

@Frayed

(or anyone)

Hmm... I'm a CK idiot... But I do have a question. Does that disconnected relationship between the body-pieces meshes and the associated collisions meshes (or singular if that's the case) also apply when adjusting other scale values in Racemenu? (Height, head size, various skeletal adjustments, etc) or just the console "setscale"?

58 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

@Frayed

(or anyone)

Hmm... I'm a CK idiot... But I do have a question. Does that disconnected relationship between the body-pieces meshes and the associated collisions meshes (or singular if that's the case) also apply when adjusting other scale values in Racemenu? (Height, head size, various skeletal adjustments, etc) or just the console "setscale"?

Good question. I don't know for sure, actually. I suspect for changing scale in Racemenu it will work differently, because even in vanilla the races have different heights and IIRC you notice this in the collisions, but they do use the same body mesh. So some kind of scaling must be applied there. But that's speculation, I'm not sure.