First off, I have to say that I'm very happy to find someone's working for this kind of mod.

I have some questions tho.

Are you planning to implement more interactive mechanics such as genital cavity or genital dependent reproductive functions?

What about social interactive aspects?

I hope I'm not overwhelming you. Please keep your pace and go on.

17 minutes ago, Nerembrake said:

First off, I have to say that I'm very happy to find someone's working for this kind of mod.

I have some questions tho.

Are you planning to implement more interactive mechanics such as genital cavity or genital dependent reproductive functions?

What about social interactive aspects?

I hope I'm not overwhelming you. Please keep your pace and go on.

Your question is phrased very weirdly. Do you just mean sex?

Not really possible to add sex. If you mean like, genitals are required for reproduction then that is already covered.

There was only one modder I know of that released an attempt to add sex to Dwarf Fortress. Here's their profile on dffd.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=5570

Sadly the descriptions are gone since I guess the website lost all of them recently. There's two mods that use a lot of the same stuff, Slaves to Raius is basically a new version of Plague of the Black King but I think they cut the sex attempt because it wasn't working. So it's only in Plague of the Black King. There was an adventurer mode feature that had an attempt at prostitution through a complicated set of interactions, but it didn't work since the evaporating boulder method of reactions became unreliable.

Then there were also some buildings that could be made in Fortress mode that were like, brothels. Different civilizations had different ones. I think mostly they'd get a random mood, some money, a chance of disease, and then there was this like, piety system that I think used a DFHack plugin, and you'd get a penalty to that. I think.

I also tried once to put some kind of sex in fortress mode, but there's not a lot you can do to control creature's interactions. You can have like, "as a greeting, shoot a glob of cum at somebody" and I guess "as a greeting, cause yourself to feel lust." but the two wouldn't actually be connected, you can't control who they target, the game wouldn't care about who they target, it would just be random and meaningless really.

Maybe DFHack could allow more, I've never tried using DFHack. I'm very familiar with everything you can mod without DFHack, but DFHack is kind of a mystery. Based on what I've seen, I still doubt there's much there, but I won't say that I know.

3 minutes ago, whateverdontcare said:

Not really possible to add sex. If you mean like, genitals are required for reproduction then that is already covered.

There was only one modder I know of that released an attempt to add sex to Dwarf Fortress. Here's their profile on dffd.

Sadly the descriptions are gone since I guess the website lost all of them recently. There's two mods that use a lot of the same stuff, Slaves to Raius is basically a new version of Plague of the Black King but I think they cut the sex attempt because it wasn't working. So it's only in Plague of the Black King. There was an adventurer mode feature that had an attempt at prostitution through a complicated set of interactions, but it didn't work since the evaporating boulder method of reactions became unreliable.

Then there were also some buildings that could be made in Fortress mode that were like, brothels. Different civilizations had different ones. I think mostly they'd get a random mood, some money, a chance of disease, and then there was this like, piety system that I think used a DFHack plugin, and you'd get a penalty to that. I think.

I also tried once to put some kind of sex in fortress mode, but there's not a lot you can do to control creature's interactions. You can have like, "as a greeting, shoot a glob of cum at somebody" and I guess "as a greeting, cause yourself to feel lust." but the two wouldn't actually be connected, you can't control who they target, the game wouldn't care about who they target, it would just be random and meaningless really.

Maybe DFHack could allow more, I've never tried using DFHack. I'm very familiar with everything you can mod without DFHack, but DFHack is kind of a mystery. Based on what I've seen, I still doubt there's much there, but I won't say that I know.

Thanks for the neat explanation.

I'm not familiar with DF interaction mechanisms, please bear with me trying my best to explain things. I meant to ask about other than just sex.

What I meant by genital cavity is like an inner space of a genital organ that can interact with the outside world. For example, will some kind of fluid that is deep enough to wet dwarf's lower body affect their genital cavity that is under the fluid? So if someone adds semen fluid, and makes a flood of it, will it interact with genitals and impregnate every female dwarf who goes across that flood?

About the social interaction thing, I meant mood increase/decrease caused by different situations - like the one in RJW Privacy Please. 

I hope I'm making this clear

2 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

yep this seems accurate from what I found out as well, without a better targeting and triggering method all stuff will always stay one-sided. I'll look into the mods you mentioned, sadly all interactions/reactions with more then one actor seem hardcoded (shearing/milking/conversations) so it seems to me I'll have to write it entirely in lua, which isn't great since I've never worked with lua, so be a bit patient on that front until I figure stuff out

1 hour ago, Nerembrake said:

Thanks for the neat explanation.

I'm not familiar with DF interaction mechanisms, please bear with me trying my best to explain things. I meant to ask about other than just sex.

What I meant by genital cavity is like an inner space of a genital organ that can interact with the outside world. For example, will some kind of fluid that is deep enough to wet dwarf's lower body affect their genital cavity that is under the fluid? So if someone adds semen fluid, and makes a flood of it, will it interact with genitals and impregnate every female dwarf who goes across that flood?

About the social interaction thing, I meant mood increase/decrease caused by different situations - like the one in RJW Privacy Please. 

I hope I'm making this clear

I can't make an interaction target a specific bodypart or person, it's entirely on the one doing the interaction whether or not he tries to penetrate the partners heart, their arm or their vagina, same thing would apply to privacy please like shame for dwarfs witnessing a couple having sex, I can't control if they will be targeted with the relevant symptoms. Our only hope is dfhack here.

triggering pregnancy is planned and maybe possible like you've described, but since that needs a dfhack script it will take some time.

• 2 months later...

Wow you've added a lot to the mod. It seems really good. I hadn't realized you were updating it more.

Anyway I was looking at the files and found minor mistakes. Like it's unimportant, but I figured if I don't mention it it could just go unnoticed.

Foul blendecs are basically evil satyrs but satyrs have

[BODY:BUTT:ANUS:BLADDER]
        [BODY:PENIS:TESTICLES:PROSTATE]

and foul blendecs have

[BODY:MAMMAL_MALE]

I think the only difference between those two is the mammal_male would lack the buttcheek body parts so it doesn't matter much but it was just odd to me.

Slightly more significant, stranglers have [BODY:CEPHALOPOD_FEMALE] and [BODY:CEPHALOPOD_MALE] but they're not cephalopods they're like, kinda monkey-like creatures. "A large, four-armed ape creature with three eyes and razor-sharp teeth."

I was just reading creature_standard but after writing those I decided to check the other files containing fantasy creatures. These are very minor but I figure if you actually went and assigned accurate genitals to every creature in dwarf fortress then you might care.

The helmet snake also has cephalopod parts but is a snake not a cephalopod. They don't have tentacles which is what that one affects. Green devourers also have cephalopod parts and while it would be weird to have a tentacle to deliver sperm on the same tentacle that their mouths are on, they do have tentacles.

Bugbats have insect parts but are probably more bat than bug. Like they have regular blood not ichor like insects are given. They have vertebrate tissue layers. I think it's just a bat with a bug head.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:09 AM, whateverdontcare said:

Wow you've added a lot to the mod. It seems really good. I hadn't realized you were updating it more.

Anyway I was looking at the files and found minor mistakes. Like it's unimportant, but I figured if I don't mention it it could just go unnoticed.

Foul blendecs are basically evil satyrs but satyrs have

[BODY:BUTT:ANUS:BLADDER]
        [BODY:PENIS:TESTICLES:PROSTATE]

and foul blendecs have

[BODY:MAMMAL_MALE]

I think the only difference between those two is the mammal_male would lack the buttcheek body parts so it doesn't matter much but it was just odd to me.

Slightly more significant, stranglers have [BODY:CEPHALOPOD_FEMALE] and [BODY:CEPHALOPOD_MALE] but they're not cephalopods they're like, kinda monkey-like creatures. "A large, four-armed ape creature with three eyes and razor-sharp teeth."

I was just reading creature_standard but after writing those I decided to check the other files containing fantasy creatures. These are very minor but I figure if you actually went and assigned accurate genitals to every creature in dwarf fortress then you might care.

The helmet snake also has cephalopod parts but is a snake not a cephalopod. They don't have tentacles which is what that one affects. Green devourers also have cephalopod parts and while it would be weird to have a tentacle to deliver sperm on the same tentacle that their mouths are on, they do have tentacles.

Bugbats have insect parts but are probably more bat than bug. Like they have regular blood not ichor like insects are given. They have vertebrate tissue layers. I think it's just a bat with a bug head.

thank you for your feedback! I've honestly never heard of any of these creatures before combing through df code so I just put in there what I thought fits the most, I'll fix that in the next version, what do you mean with the green devourer mouth tentacle, the semen tentacle should be attached to the lower body not the face

5 hours ago, Skömer said:

thank you for your feedback! I've honestly never heard of any of these creatures before combing through df code so I just put in there what I thought fits the most, I'll fix that in the next version, what do you mean with the green devourer mouth tentacle, the semen tentacle should be attached to the lower body not the face

[BP:TENTCOCK:tentacle penis:STP][CON_CAT:TENTACLE][APERTURE][GELDABLE][CATEGORY:PENIS]
        [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]

The con_cat:tentacle on that connects it to every tentacle body part a creature has. Green devourers have something very similar for their mouths

[BODY:TENTACLE_MOUTH]
    [BP:MOUTH:mouth:STP][CON_CAT:TENTACLE][MOUTH][SMALL][EMBEDDED][APERTURE][CATEGORY:MOUTH]
        [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20]

So with this a green devourer would have two tentacles that each have a mouth and a tentacle penis on it.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, zxczxczbfg said:

If this mod is still being worked on, is there any chance of patches for mods that add new races (or alter the sprites of existing ones)? I've mainly got Boltgun's Succubus Dungeon in mind.

I'm mostly waiting for the adventure mode update since that brings in new textures (and fixes hopefully) that may need patches. After I get that done I can look into the succubus mod.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Ryanisnotalive said:

Adventure mode comes April 2024 woot! Excited to see the progress of this awesome mod set!

Great work!

I hope adventure mode gives us modders some tools for creating our own (non combat) interactions that work or at least makes some dfhack mods release I can use as a template for that

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2024 at 11:02 PM, Skömer said:

I hope adventure mode gives us modders some tools for creating our own (non combat) interactions that work or at least makes some dfhack mods release I can use as a template for that

DFHack has been released, and so has the beta test of adventure mode.

Edited by ownage123
Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 7:55 AM, zxczxczbfg said:

Not only did the Adventure Mode beta drop today, but so did the DFHack beta to go with it. The Devil works hard, but Dwarf Fortress modders work harder.

luckily (or sadly) nothing much changed for the parts that affect me, but I'll take another shot at it

20 hours ago, ownage123 said:

DFHack has been released, and so has the beta test of adventure mode.

Private Bits and PB Animal People is now updated to support the portraits as well

Edited by Skömer
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Ishodd said:

Getting a "file not found" error when trying to download the pb version, something wrong on my end?

great i uploaded a faulty one, that's what i get for renaming all the files

Edited by Skömer
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, RappyRed2k said:

How would I go about adding this to modded civilizations?

Depends on what you want, If you just care about nudity all you need to do is to replace its textures. If you want a patch mod you copy the graphics folder and implement your own textures you want to use, i need to check how that reacts to load order tho

If you want to add additional stuff like multiple boob size variations or genital body parts look into Privacy please and feel free to ask

unless that's already a thing that happens?

I wish df modding tools were this advanced

we've got playable kobolds and various other bits n bobs

which one do you have in mind specifically?

Edited by Skömer
7 hours ago, Skömer said:

Depends on what you want, If you just care about nudity all you need to do is to replace its textures. If you want a patch mod you copy the graphics folder and implement your own textures you want to use, i need to check how that reacts to load order tho

If you want to add additional stuff like multiple boob size variations or genital body parts look into Privacy please and feel free to ask

I wish df modding tools were this advanced

which one do you have in mind specifically?

Sorry for the late reply, I was using the cute kobolds mod, it changes their graphics and an object raw variation of them from the vanilla ones, I wanted to get the body parts and materials in, the nude graphics is less of a concern because I have the artistic skills to draw what I need for the textures/graphics.

I dunno if this is intentional or not, but even with the changes the cute kobold mod adds to the creature object it seems other kobolds were able to do reactions/interactions such as masturbating, and their health tab showed crotch as a part, so in a way the issue solved itself somehow.

I did attempt adding the body part templates and body detail stuff into the changed object raw file but I am not sure if my changes worked or not, nor do I know how to check.

Edited by RappyRed2k
4 hours ago, RappyRed2k said:

Sorry for the late reply, I was using the cute kobolds mod, it changes their graphics and an object raw variation of them from the vanilla ones, I wanted to get the body parts and materials in, the nude graphics is less of a concern because I have the artistic skills to draw what I need for the textures/graphics.

I dunno if this is intentional or not, but even with the changes the cute kobold mod adds to the creature object it seems other kobolds were able to do reactions/interactions such as masturbating, and their health tab showed crotch as a part, so in a way the issue solved itself somehow.

I did attempt adding the body part templates and body detail stuff into the changed object raw file but I am not sure if my changes worked or not, nor do I know how to check.

I made a simple test patch for succubus dungeon, look into that how to add genitals and make penis length show up in the creature description 

Bug report regarding the Succubus Dungeon patch: incubi have their penises listed in their description tabs like they should, but no butts, and succubi have neither butts nor breasts listed. Furthermore, non-incubus male creatures added by the mod (like male cauchemars) don't have their penises listed either.

Edited by zxczxczbfg
On 5/2/2024 at 1:46 AM, zxczxczbfg said:

Bug report regarding the Succubus Dungeon patch: incubi have their penises listed in their description tabs like they should, but no butts, and succubi have neither butts nor breasts listed. Furthermore, non-incubus male creatures added by the mod (like male cauchemars) don't have their penises listed either.

I guess i can add those too

Edited by Skömer