Quick Question about Skyrim SE and modding post Anniversary Edition

I don't know where to ask, but I remember that after the Anniversary Edition for SE came out it had some conflicts with some important mods. Its been some time since then and I was thinking of beginning to start up SE and modding it, but I have no idea if those conflicts have been handled completely.

Was it just an issue with SKSE for example? I know some mods that were critical like UIextensions, Jcontainers, and XP32 were broken, but has any of that been fixed by now?

If it is okay to just go ahead and start modding then thats all the info I need, its just been awhile and I don't know if anything has been handled.

Mods with a dll (SKSE plugins) need to be compiled for every new release of SKSE (not so much with things like Address Library and CommonLib which allows mod authors to release dll files compatible with more SKSE versions).

Every time the game receives an update the SkyrimSE.exe file is updated, thus a new SKSE must be made for this new executable.

Now you see how every time the game receives an update, SKSE needs to be updated and then some mods (the ones containing a dll file in particular) also need to be updated. This applies to every version of the game. AE and any other version after it isn't different. I'd say now it's even easier to get compatible stuff quickly because of the aforementioned tools so mod authors can create and update compatible files. XPMSE was never incompatible, the only issue it could have is a check for SKSE that wasn't fulfilled at the time. Sexlab framework, DD, SOS and pretty much every major mod with a dll has been updated to the latest executable and SKSE versions already. The same is true for almost every mod, with a few exceptions that are still available for pre-AE versions, or some new mods only released for post-AE versions. If you want to know the specifics check this thread. Or if you find a mod you want to use a) check if it mentions a specific game or SKSE version (or directly check if it contains a dll) and b) confirm it matches the versions you have (for your executable you need to check the Product version of the SkyrimSE.exe file, the SKSE version is in the file name you download from the official SKSE site). With that and following very common modding practices (such as checking requirements) you should be fine.

Edited by Just Don't