[Mod]X-Change™ Life

On 2/25/2024 at 6:30 PM, uncleblighty said:

This thing is impossible to download. You have the download linked to MEGA, but the filesize is so large the site tried to charge me AFTER 3 HOURS OF DOWNLOADING. So I try straight from the GitHub. Still downloading 4-5 hours later at 1mb/s. Doesn't make sense to me. You really need to find a way to cut back on the filesize or improve the download sources as I imagine a majority of people who look into getting your game just give up. I've tried 10 times this month to get it to download but it never fing works and I'm tired of having my badwidth tanked from downloading this zip-bomb.

Having same issue with MEGA, but when I try to download from Pixeldrain, it gets stuck at about 250mb

• 4 weeks later...

I tried downloading that patch yesterday, instead of going with the whole game, and then merge them, and to a degree it seems to work, just for information i did try and start a new char, but there seems to be a few errore here and there, first then I enter the game it gives a warning screen, something about cassidy, beach serene paradise something is duplicated, tried to check in cassidy clothes but there i could only find one of them, when I then try to play, meeting alexia in the bar but there is no pic just the little symbol indication a pic should be there.

then when I am a girl and go and try to buy some clothes, well here I am unsure if it an error or if one can actually risk not being able to buy clothes from time to time, because says notting found to search criteria, but there is no pink/blinking light indicating an error. i am just going to try and find and take screenshots of the things i have experienced,

but one question: it seems you have set a second hotfix patch - is that going to fix the problems i have?(tried it, it did not seem to do much i my case)

friendly greetings from me. 🙂 I think I will try and sent screenshot in as a message, otherwise it seems it will get a little wierd 

Edited by danishplay
5 hours ago, ItsInfernal said:

Is bring her back fully implemented now (so co-workers can spike can bring back your female form) or is it just what the changelog says "so your coworkers get used to your female version and tend to prefer it". Mainly so I know if I remove the mod from my list

Yes it is. You can remove the mod. Also remove Curio's outfits if you haven't already. That has been fully merged into the base game as well

5 hours ago, danishplay said:

I tried downloading that patch yesterday, instead of going with the whole game, and then merge them, and to a degree it seems to work, just for information i did try and start a new char, but there seems to be a few errore here and there, first then I enter the game it gives a warning screen, something about cassidy, beach serene paradise something is duplicated, tried to check in cassidy clothes but there i could only find one of them, when I then try to play, meeting alexia in the bar but there is no pic just the little symbol indication a pic should be there.

then when I am a girl and go and try to buy some clothes, well here I am unsure if it an error or if one can actually risk not being able to buy clothes from time to time, because says notting found to search criteria, but there is no pink/blinking light indicating an error. i am just going to try and find and take screenshots of the things i have experienced,

but one question: it seems you have set a second hotfix patch - is that going to fix the problems i have?(tried it, it did not seem to do much i my case)

friendly greetings from me. 🙂 I think I will try and sent screenshot in as a message, otherwise it seems it will get a little wierd 

A few mods have be integrated into the base game (Bring Her Back and Curio's Clothing), so if you have those installed, you need to delete them and re-run the mod loader.

Alexia shows up in the bar if you have mods that affect "bar patrons" (i.e. bar girls). The mods I know of that change them are Spike Fun and More Bar Character Available. Spike Fun has been updated and fixed. More Bar Character hasn't (yet).

If you use it, you can fix it by changing the following section (last section) in More Bar Character Available.twee:

Spoiler

:: reset bar current patrons {"position":"500,75","size":"100,100"}
{  (if: $AvaMod is "Crowded")[
    (set:$npcs_present to (subarray:(shuffled: ...(datanames:$npcs),"dredd","bruce")-(a:"mariselle","alexia","stepsis")-$excluded_npcs, 1, 9))]
    (else-if:$AvaMod is "Popular")[
    (set:$npcs_present to (subarray:(shuffled: ...(datanames:$npcs),"dredd","bruce")-(a:"mariselle","alexia","stepsis")-$excluded_npcs, 1, 9))]
    (else:)[
    (set:$npcs_present to (subarray:(shuffled: ...(datanames:$npcs),"dredd","bruce")-(a:"mariselle","alexia","stepsis")-$excluded_npcs, 1, 3))]
}

Just copy&paste this over the current section. Save and close, then re-run the mod loader. You can open .twee files in text processors (Notepad++, Notepad etc).

Hope that fixes it for you until the mod(s) get updated.