[Mod]X-Change™ Life

21 hours ago, Raf4Ryder said:

Hey, first of all great game

Is there a plan to add more F/F content, like picking up girls as a girl or beeing picked up by a guy on X-change? 

Yes, there is definitely a plan for more F/F content. And the upcoming 0.18b update should contain some additional F/F content. Not sure quite yet about the bar girls, we will see. 

On 10/1/2023 at 3:34 AM, NikkiW said:

Can someone explain what Spiff amount means, please?

image.png.43c79e9b489851806b366a66260bc719.png

The kickbacks you get: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/spiff

Maybe I will use a different word haha

Edited by l1lym
On 9/29/2023 at 11:28 PM, CardinalBirb said:

if i download patch files, do i just drag and replace everything the patch file contains? or is there a special process?

No special process. Just ensure you select "merge" or "overwrite" or whatever the option is on your OS. 

On 9/21/2023 at 4:05 PM, The_HAMMER said:

Great Game so far, I'm having so much fun so far.

I have a quick question: Are there plans for more gameplay scenes, maybe some MMF action ?

Yes, definitely plans for that :) 

18 minutes ago, l1lym said:

Maybe I will use a different word

Something more universally understandable would be much appreciated. Not only in this case, but also in general storytelling. I have an impression that you often seem to rely on idioms and phrases that are only understandable to a US-English native speaker, or at least someone who regularly consumes US-English media. However the audience for this game is much broader and a lot of things just fly over people's heads. Not just in writing, but in gameplay as well.

Take secretary job for example. The concept is great, if you're a native speaker. But up until I tried that, I had no idea such thing as "wordle" existed. It may be easy for native speaker, but this is really hard game for anyone for whom English is a foreign language. For that reason I either just skip it entirely or rely on RNG auto-complete if it's part of a job and needs to be done.

Edited by belegost
39 minutes ago, belegost said:

Something more universally understandable would be much appreciated. Not only in this case, but also in general storytelling. I have an impression that you often seem to rely on idioms and phrases that are only understandable to a US-English native speaker, or at least someone who regularly consumes US-English media. However the audience for this game is much broader and a lot of things just fly over people's heads. Not just in writing, but in gameplay as well.

Take secretary job for example. The concept is great, if you're a native speaker. But up until I tried that, I had no idea such thing as "wordle" existed. It may be easy for native speaker, but this is really hard game for anyone for whom English is a foreign language. For that reason I either just skip it entirely or rely on RNG auto-complete if it's part of a job and needs to be done.

I am happy to make adjustments for non-US-english speakers. If you are open to it, could you send me a list of any other words / phrases the game uses that are difficult to understand? 

But with the example of Wordle, it was something I really wanted to put in the game, because I do love playing around with the language. 

The reason I added the "auto-work" feature was exactly for the reason you describe, so nobody has to play it if they don't want to. 

If there is anything that is easy to change such as changing words, I am very happy to change it. I will continue having things like Wordle, but I do want to make them optional for non-native-English speakers. 

54 minutes ago, l1lym said:

If you are open to it, could you send me a list of any other words / phrases the game uses that are difficult to understand?

I'm not really a good person for this job, since I've been using English as a foreign language for almost 3 decades now, so by now I would like to think I have a good grasp of linguistic quirks and a lot of things are just normal at this point. My comment was made because I am, as linguistic outsider, aware of such issues. However I will try to post anything that seems not clear even for me if I happen to run across them. It'll have to wait for next version since I've had my fill of the game for now.

Edited by belegost
2 hours ago, l1lym said:

The kickbacks you get

Maybe I will use a different word haha

Thanks for the clarification.

I have another question. When working as a secretary I went to the facility offices and spoke to Ray, he asked if I could help boost morale.

Is that content in the game? I ask because any time I work as a secretary and visit Ray around lunch time I never have the option to help out.

47 minutes ago, belegost said:

I'm not really a good person for this job, since I've been using English as a foreign language for almost 3 decades now, so by now I would like to think I have a good grasp of linguistic quirks and a lot of things are just normal at this point. My comment was made because I am, as linguistic outsider, aware of such issues. However I will try to post anything that seems not clear even for me if I happen to run across them. It'll have to wait for next version since I've had my fill of the game for now.

Thank you, sounds good. Actually I think your experience as a linguistic outsider makes your opinion particularly valuable, since I am often blind to such matters. 

17 minutes ago, NikkiW said:

Thanks for the clarification.

I have another question. When working as a secretary I went to the facility offices and spoke to Ray, he asked if I could help boost morale.

Is that content in the game? I ask because any time I work as a secretary and visit Ray around lunch time I never have the option to help out.

Oh yeah that warehouse content is not in yet. It will be in soon - I didn't have time to finish it in the previous release (most of the content is in, but not finished yet). 

Just now, l1lym said:

Oh yeah that warehouse content is not in yet. It will be in soon - I didn't have time to finish it in the previous release (most of the content is in, but not finished yet). 

Thanks, I'll stop chasing that then ☺️

Love the game, really looking forward to more content, especially with regards to our step-sis, and stepdad.

I only now noticed that a new version has landed. Question: there's a Sep 18 full download and Oct 8 patch. What do they do? Do I need both?

I assume that Sep 29 patch is just to upgrade 17->18 so I'm going to skip this one, but what about the other two?

I would be very surprised if noone asked this before, but I could not find any posts about it here: Are you planning to make the blue x-change pills that are mentioned on the collectible cards available for the player as well?

Some thoughts on that from my side are: I would feel a lot more comfortable enabling pregnancy to make the transformation permanent. I would not make the pills as cheap or easy to get as the pink ones. And you could maybe come up with an excuse for permanent blue pills not being available. Somehow they do not work or they have dangerous side-effects and are therefore illegal to produce, maybe.

Is there a mod that adds them, that I don't know of?

3 hours ago, Hessi said:

re you planning to make the blue x-change pills that are mentioned on the collectible cards available for the player as well?

I was thinking that New-U machine could do that. As in allowed to play as other male characters. Since you can change to all the other girls using it, it would be only logical if you could select a male persona. If you're playing a white dude, you're barred from any scenes with the snowbunny blonde in the bar and if you're black, the black girl is unavailable. Changing your male archetype temporarily would allow for scenes with both of them on one character.

Edited by belegost
7 hours ago, belegost said:

I was thinking that New-U machine could do that. As in allowed to play as other male characters. Since you can change to all the other girls using it, it would be only logical if you could select a male persona. If you're playing a white dude, you're barred from any scenes with the snowbunny blonde in the bar and if you're black, the black girl is unavailable. Changing your male archetype temporarily would allow for scenes with both of them on one character.

The New-U machine only transforms you if you are male,  if I'm not mistaken. So, as soon as you get pregnant you won't be able to use that anymore. Even if you could, you would probably only change your female appearance, but stay female.

In other words: what you say is correct, but not related to my question.

On 10/12/2023 at 2:27 AM, Hessi said:

The New-U machine only transforms you if you are male,  if I'm not mistaken. So, as soon as you get pregnant you won't be able to use that anymore. Even if you could, you would probably only change your female appearance, but stay female.

In other words: what you say is correct, but not related to my question.

Well, that would depend on how strict the x-change lore is going to be followed.  Normally someone on a given pill cannot use another pill while one is still active.  AFAIK using a blue pill while affected by a pink wouldn't work, even permanent pill effects block this.  

There's already non "x-change canon" things in the game, like pregnancy not causing permanent transformation and using the demo pills while still on other pills, so It might happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to give feedback on the buttplug.io implementation. I am using a "Satisfier Intensity Plug". It works like a charm with intiface and the Telekinesis mod for Skyrim.

It also manages to register in X-Change Life. It just does not do anything, no matter what I try.

I know this feature is not finished, yet. I just thought the input might help you.

Good day-night-morning? Do you need help in development?
I visited gitgud and looked sources - gitflow, js, twee for ui, it seems usually, curiously and interesting. I've never took part in like this//
This unique game is liked me with its plot, opportunities-gameplay, I want to help in launching features, catching and solving bugs, etc.

Hello, i need help to understand some confusing things that happen if i try to install mods.

This is the situation right now:

Modloader.png.aba3b0c5c5ac139acc1d38390bf26efb.png

The Knockoff Pharmacy Patches won't work at all, they conflict with the mods that they should patch (the BRPills patch conflicts with BRPills and the Diagnostic patch conflicts with the Diagnostic Kiosk). Since i can buy the pills from BRPills in the Knockoff Pharmacy i assume the author of that mod updated it so that the patch is no longer needed.

The Diagnostic Kiosk has BRPills as a requirement, but if you install both then they conflict with each other. WTF?

The Onyx API conflicts with BRPills (means i can forget the idea to use any mod that requires the Onyx API).

The only conflict that i can understand is the conflict between the Quickening mod and the Pregmod since they both make changes to the pregnancy system, but i don't understand why Pregmod conflicts with BRPills.

Is there no way to install the Diagnostic Kiosk or Pregmod (without a conflict)?