[Mod][XCL] X-Change Life Mod Loader Utility

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i can't run it, java installed and set as the software to open the file with but i just get the shortest blip of something opening before immediately closing.  been checking my firewalls and whatnot but nothing...

On 2/2/2024 at 9:50 PM, HighBreeder100 said:

You can just move the file into the disabled folder manually. It's what I do and I haven't had problems yet. 

How? There is no disabled folder. Do I need to manually create it? If so, where exactly? Root directory for the game?

On 1/25/2024 at 6:53 PM, metalhead_hr said:

The workaround that I have been using for the same issue is to open the 1.1.4 version and disable the mod and then go back into the the 1.2.0 version to correctly set mod order and install the new or updated mods.

Thanks for the tip. If I can ask a favour, please quote the answer you're replying to, otherwise I wouldn't have know you even replied. I only found your reply now because I happened to browse this thread for an unrelated reason.

Question: where can I get previous mod loader version? It's not in the downloads.

Edited by belegost

edit- i can't type [ post ] properly because this text editor always thinks it is a link -_-

I have another suggestion for modding feature, similar to [around].

For many mods, a lot of their behaviour, they just need to attach additional functionality and calculations when a scene happens. So you could implement [ post ] (maybe [pre] as well) to help that.

If you have a [ post ] modifier, what it will do is execute the code block inside right after the named block has run. Very similar to [around], except one does not need to have (display:_around) in the code any more. As many mods as they wish could attach the functionality to run in a list. Whereas with [around] you need a babushka doll of wrappings.

Certainly it doesn't replace [around], there are times you specifically need that replacement, but just post and pre functionality, I think happens more often.

Edited by mijhy
On 2/20/2024 at 8:32 AM, belegost said:

Thanks for the tip. If I can ask a favour, please quote the answer you're replying to, otherwise I wouldn't have know you even replied. I only found your reply now because I happened to browse this thread for an unrelated reason.

Question: where can I get previous mod loader version? It's not in the downloads.

Here is a link to the 1.1.4 version from the mod-loader gitgud.io release page.

https://gitgud.io/xchange-life/mod-loader/-/releases/v1.1.4

Version 1.2.1 was released that may fix some of the issues.

Edited by metalhead_hr
17 minutes ago, metalhead_hr said:

It did.

19 hours ago, metalhead_hr said:

Here is a link to the 1.1.4 version from the mod-loader gitgud.io release page.

https://gitgud.io/xchange-life/mod-loader/-/releases/v1.1.4

Glad to hear 1.2.1 does fix this, finally had time to take a look and get that resolved. In case something like this comes up again, yeah the gitgud release page works to find old versions, or if you find the "See changelog" dropdown on the LL download page, that'll let you see and download old versions.

And hopefully we won't have a similar issue in the future, but you can always manually move files in and out of the mods folder before you open the loader, then it'll read that folder when you open it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried to add new mod and this showed 

Modding X-Change Life.html

Restoring base state
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
  at life.xchange.util.FileOperationsKt.extractZipTo(FileOperations.kt:34)
  at life.xchange.ModLoaderKt.restoreOriginals(ModLoader.kt:59)
  at life.xchange.ModLoaderKt.access$restoreOriginals(ModLoader.kt:1)
  at life.xchange.ModProcessor.loadMods(ModLoader.kt:300)
  at life.xchange.GUI$loadMods$1.invoke(GUI.kt:169)
  at life.xchange.GUI$loadMods$1.invoke(GUI.kt:168)
  at life.xchange.GUI$runWithConsole$1.invoke(GUI.kt:218)
  at life.xchange.GUI$runWithConsole$1.invoke(GUI.kt:214)

Yesterday everything was fine , can someone help?

• 2 weeks later...

I have java 8 and everything but the mod loader refuses to work, I suspect i might be having the same issue as caster245 but I have no clue how to fix it especially since the guide is seemingly wrong because i don't have a jdk file but a JRE file instead

I have tested multiple things including a fresh install of the game and the loader, I have the correct java edition but currently when ever i activated the modloader it immediately just closes itself any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:16 AM, Caster245 said:

cant open the file,nothing happens even tho i got java 8

Nvm

Creating a bat file fixed the issue   '' java -jar mod-loader-1.2.1.jar '' 

how did you create a bat file? that is probably the cause of my issues so i was wondering what you did to fix it.

On 4/21/2024 at 11:17 PM, painfulcub said:

how did you create a bat file? that is probably the cause of my issues so i was wondering what you did to fix it.

java -jar mod-loader-1.2.1.jar  

Type it in notepad and change the file to run.bat

• 2 weeks later...