[3DS MAX] UNPB body problem

nekochen

I'm following Nightasy's tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/user/NightasyTutorials?feature=watch) and I wanted to create armor using UNPB as base, but the latest UNPB redux body nif is all pixelated when imported. Upon exporting the mesh again, it crashes 3ds max when the calculation progress hits UNPB body mesh.

v1jg.jpg

I notice the BSDismemberSkin on the body mesh has 2 sections, one (ID 0) that selects almost the entire body, the other (ID 1) only includes small portion of forearms. When I remove and re-apply the BSDismemberSkin, do I need to put those selection & ID back exactly as they were?

Thanks

When you import the model, the first thing you should do is give the model a smooth modifer of 2.  For the BSDismemberSkin modifier, delete the one that was imported and add a new BSDismemberSkin.  You should only have one body part labeled "Skyrim, Main Body" and you should apply it to the entire body.

Keep in mind, you'll need to do this to both _0 and _1 bodies.

I am trying to make an unique custom armor but it crashes 3ds when exporting. The loading progress bar hits UNPB body mesh and the program would just freeze.

I tried using regular UNP body which works fine without the need to do anything else to the base body, it's the UNPB body that's giving me a problem.

Here i tried to smooth the body but it leaves a seam right on the arms, will it cause problem down the road?

Thanks

qo04.jpg

If the armor shows skin (which most UNPB amor does nowadays), you'll need to make sure that the BSDismemberSkin modifier is in order since you'll be exporting body along with the armor.

That seam shouldn't be a problem since the body uses object space normal maps.

I am trying to make an unique custom armor but it crashes 3ds when exporting. The loading progress bar hits UNPB body mesh and the program would just freeze.

I tried using regular UNP body which works fine without the need to do anything else to the base body, it's the UNPB body that's giving me a problem.

Here i tried to smooth the body but it leaves a seam right on the arms, will it cause problem down the road?

Thanks

qo04.jpg

I just imported the 2.5 unpb bbp mesh , It looked strange , put a smooth #2 witch corrected the strange look and exported it with no problem, you may want to test the armor in game to see how it will render re skinning the body and bs dismembering the body will totally screw it up. you should freeze the body while working on the armor to avoid moving bones and verticies in the body

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I've had the same problem until I saw this post which cleared things for me, now I can export from 3ds max but when used in the game; no textures are showing, the armor is green and the body has a purple color. any ideas on which is this happening? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I've had the same problem until I saw this post which cleared things for me, now I can export from 3ds max but when used in the game; no textures are showing, the armor is green and the body has a purple color. any ideas on which is this happening? Thanks in advance!

Delete the BSLightingShaderProperty from your Body and Armor 

Copy the BSLightingShaderProperty from an existing Armor and repath your armor textures 

do the same for the body parts but leave the paths because your using UNPB

Cheers

Archived