Steam support experiences?

kurisu7885

So, last night my Steam was stolen out from under my. Hacker got into my email, changed my pass, changed the email, locked me out.

I've already submitted my ticket to Steam with the relevant info, including the last 4 digits of my card as well as a game I purchased using that card, since I have no CD keys.

In any cas,e I'm wondering what experiences other users of this forum have had with it.  I see mostly good ,and usually the butthurt comes from Steam not responding fast enough, I mean, whatever happened to patience. When your play base is practically the entire freakin planet, I imagine the support team gets kind of overwhelmed.

In any case ,didn't mean to ramble there.

as stated in your other thread it took in my case around 10 hours in all to restore my account. had a friendly conversation with the technical guy who told me in advance that the gifting games i had where gifted away but that i not need to rage because they will appear sometime later again. i was so suprised to be honest that the support was so consumer friendly

I've never had any issues that needed support in the 6-7 years I've been using Steam, tbh.

This is my first, hence why I was asking.

I, myself, prefer to call support services, as opposed to sending in a ticket.  More timely results, and an angry vindictive tone is much more audible than a ticket.

I've never had any issues that needed support in the 6-7 years I've been using Steam, tbh.

This is my first, hence why I was asking.

I, myself, prefer to call support services, as opposed to sending in a ticket.  More timely results, and an angry vindictive tone is much more audible than a ticket.

Sadly with Steam that wasn't an option.

Well, still waiting on them fortunately, all the posts I find all over the net give me hope.

And really ,this has been a rotten month.

In my house no less than four or five expensive appliances have failed on top of this in the last two months, I think it's just over all bad luck for my house.

Main house AC failed, car AC failed, clothes washer failed as well as the drain backing up, clothes dryer failed, septic system backed up, and now I was hacked into.

Well, let's hope things improve from here.

My experiences with Steam Support has been mostly positive, usually get an answer between 1-7 days, as long as you give enough information and have the patience to wait a couple of days, most of the problems should be resolved. When my account was hijacked, Steam Support even refunded me the items the digital thief stole.

Hopefully I have enough, and hopefully the fact that my card was cancelled won't be a problem, so long as it was the one I used to buy games. The game I specified isn't exactly an old purchase, but it was one I KNOW was used with this specific card number.

So, last night my Steam was stolen out from under my. Hacker got into my email, changed my pass, changed the email, locked me out.

I've already submitted my ticket to Steam with the relevant info, including the last 4 digits of my card as well as a game I purchased using that card, since I have no CD keys.

In any cas,e I'm wondering what experiences other users of this forum have had with it.  I see mostly good ,and usually the butthurt comes from Steam not responding fast enough, I mean, whatever happened to patience. When your play base is practically the entire freakin planet, I imagine the support team gets kind of overwhelmed.

Hah, are you my brother?

Jk, but the exact same thing happened to him just within the last week or so. I would have given you a response based on his result but... As far as I know, he still has not receieved any information or been re-granted access.

I do believe he's reacquired his email account, though, but I've not been keeping up.

I have been pretty darn paranoid myself lately, as a result. Seems like this is getting a bit heavy.

Hah, are you my brother?

Jk, but the exact same thing happened to him just within the last week or so. I would have given you a response based on his result but... As far as I know, he still has not receieved any information or been re-granted access.

I do believe he's reacquired his email account, though, but I've not been keeping up.

I have been pretty darn paranoid myself lately, as a result. Seems like this is getting a bit heavy.

Well I'm getting rather agitated right now as that fucker is online on MY account RIGHT NOW, andi t's bee na week since I submitted my ticket...

I know it's just games but, this is honestly making me want to cry right now.

Hah, are you my brother?

Well I'm gettign rather agitated right now as that fucker is online on MY account RIGHT NOW, andi t's bee na week since I submitted my ticket...

Friggin hell :/ If this problem is as widespread as I fear, you're not the only one submitting similar tickets, which puts everyone in a bad spot with the backlog.

I really hope things work out for you; if nothing else, I hope you're compensated.

Your only bet it to just save everything to do with it. Steam should be able to review your chat logs, just keep spamming the ticket until someone answers. The longest for me was two weeks, luckily for me though it wasn't an important issue like this.

I do still have all of the game files on my computer.

Well you see that is the thing isn't it. You have to prove your the owner and not the hacker.

Did you keep any of the game purchase receipt emails? They will help you greatly :)

Sadly no, and since the hacker was IN my email they would have deleted those, but I do remember games I purchased on my card, at least a good number of them.

And I imagine it would be might supicious that my account was logged into at one IP and suddenly in the span of minutes to hours it changed ot an entirely different IP.

Sadly no, and since the hacker was IN my email they would have deleted those, but I do remember games I purchased on my card, at least a good number of them.

And I imagine it would be might supicious that my account was logged into at one IP and suddenly in the span of minutes to hours it changed ot an entirely different IP.

You would of thought, but sadly no. Steam doesn't really care about IP changes.

When they answer they should be able to tell you what you can do to convince them it is your account.

You would of thought, but sadly no. Steam doesn't really care about IP changes.

When they answer they should be able to tell you what you can do to convince them it is your account.

I really hope so as I have a lot of money spent on that account.

Archived