Belethor died, Ysolda tells me to get out of the shop

So Belethor died in a vampire raid, now Ysolda has seemingly taken over the general goods store.  Problem is that she just goes in there, and does nothing else, I've tried to go in and see if she sells stuff, but she and Sigurd tell me to GTFO.  So any fixes for this?  A console command to add Ysolda to the merchant faction perhaps?

Back up your save if you want to try this,

but you could just resurrect Belethor by typing this into the console (better to do this in whiterun): 

prid 0001A672

moveto player

enable

resurrect

addtofaction 51596 1

addtofaction 51599 1

I imagine if you add those two factions to Ysolda that might work for getting her to run the store, but I have never tried that, and she might behave really oddly.

**Edit:  I think there is something for this aswell in one of the "unofficial skyrim patches" somewhere. I think maybe v1.2?

Also, there are a few mods on nexus that keep vampires from attacking towns, but keep the spawns at night everywhere else, so you don't end up with the same or similar problem again.

• 7 months later...

Back up your save if you want to try this,

but you could just resurrect Belethor by typing this into the console (better to do this in whiterun): 

prid 0001A672

moveto player

enable

resurrect

addtofaction 51596 1

addtofaction 51599 1

I imagine if you add those two factions to Ysolda that might work for getting her to run the store, but I have never tried that, and she might behave really oddly.

**Edit:  I think there is something for this aswell in one of the "unofficial skyrim patches" somewhere. I think maybe v1.2?

Also, there are a few mods on nexus that keep vampires from attacking towns, but keep the spawns at night everywhere else, so you don't end up with the same or similar problem again.

What are factions 51596 and 51599? I too encountered similar instructions in 3 different places relating to bringing Belethor back when I was looking for a way to bring Adrianne Avenicci back after vampires apparently killed her... but when I google those faction IDs they are mostly either associated with rezzing Belethor (addfac), and not any other merchants, or with getting NPCs to remarry you (removefac)! Neither of the Skyrim wikis has any searchable list of faction IDs and I can't find any console command to expose NPC factions.

I brought Adrianne back weeks after her death without adding her to any factions, and she immediately resumed her merchant dialogs, and even remembered that I had invested in her business... so now I'm really wondering what those factions are, and suspecting that someone is trolling the interwebs giving out LOLWUT instructions to add merchants to some "wants to marry you" faction...

Oh and PS: Belethor is a jerk. He died months ago in my game and Ysolda took over and runs the shop without a hitch. Leave Belejerk dead and deal with Ysolda instead. :P

Impressive thread necromancy skills.

51596 is the JobMerchant faction. 

51599 is the JobMisc faction.

These are what let npc's have the Job merchant (aside from their own vendor faction which in this case is 9CAF5).  

Sometimes when an npc gets a rez, they loose their factions, and Ysolda doesn't always take over "without a hitch", though she is supposed to.

If you want to look at factions, open up the ck, load an esm, and then expand the character section to find the faction tab.

You can also look at what an individual actors factions are supposed to be through the faction section on that specific actor.

Archived