Adult mods for Elder Kings 2?

43 minutes ago, whateverdontcare said:

Update seem to have broken the nude mod for argonians and for male characters. Female non-argonians still seem to be working.

I'm also getting a crash from something but it's like 10 years in so no idea what it is.

Once I've done the new update for the hair, I'll look at updating previous files.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:26 PM, whateverdontcare said:

Update seem to have broken the nude mod for argonians and for male characters. Female non-argonians still seem to be working.

I'm also getting a crash from something but it's like 10 years in so no idea what it is.

New version out with more female hair options

Spoiler

portrait_2.thumb.png.bf9ecf41949d5622623cc4714b524304.png

Male version will be coming later.

Here's the list.

The order is important:

1. Fullscreen Barber shop - Steam

2. Elder Kings 2 - Steam

3. Modify Portrait, FSB Expansion and Patch for Elder Kings 2 - Steam

These first 3 must be loaded in this order for the rest to work.

4. CBO Vanilla - Lovers Lab

5. Simple Slits + Simple Shafts - Lovers Lab

Simple Slits+Shifts may not be required, I just use it.

6. Character Body Overhaul patch 1.7 - Lovers Lab

Without the patch, things get screwed up.  There may be a 1.8 version, but 1.7 still works for my build.

7. Beauty Trait Change Removal for Elder Kings 2 - Steam

8. Vampiric Beautification for Elder Kings 2 - Steam

9. Uncensored Ruler Designer for Elder Kings 2 - Steam

These 3 must be in this order, if you are going to use them.  Uncensored Ruler Designer for Elder Kings 2 is what allows the nekkid view to work; CBO Vanilla by its self did not do it for me.

Keep in mind that any mod which changes the UI may also change character graphics.  It depends on how each individual mod builder decided to design their mod.

For example, I introduced the Nameplates and Personality Tooltips mods a while back and things were still going smooth, but I recently tried introducing Interface is King (EK2) and a 1.8 patch for it to restore some of the missing tooltips and functions from the EK2 UI that get removed by other mods, and it's introduced some character building bugs that linger even after removing the offending mods.  I'm still working on tracking down the problems, changing up load order, etc, to fix the latest bugs in my build.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 124050.png

Edited by Althaer
11 minutes ago, Althaer said:

Here's the list.

The order is important:

1. Fullscreen Barber shop - Steam

2. Elder Kings 2 - Steam

3. Modify Portrait, FSB Expansion and Patch for Elder Kings 2 - Steam

These first 3 must be loaded in this order for the rest to work.

4. CBO Vanilla - Lovers Lab

5. Simple Slits + Simple Shafts - Lovers Lab

Simple Slits+Shifts may not be required, I just use it.

6. Character Body Overhaul patch 1.7 - Lovers Lab

Without the patch, things get screwed up.  There may be a 1.8 version, but 1.7 still works for my build.

7. Beauty Trait Change Removal for Elder Kings 2 - Steam

8. Vampiric Beautification for Elder Kings 2 - Steam

9. Uncensored Ruler Designer for Elder Kings 2 - Steam

These 3 must be in this order, if you are going to use them.  Uncensored Ruler Designer for Elder Kings 2 is what allows the nekkid view to work; CBO Vanilla by its self did not do it for me.

Keep in mind that any mod which changes the UI may also change character graphics.  It depends on how each individual mod builder decided to design their mod.

For example, I introduced the Nameplates and Personality Tooltips mods a while back and things were still going smooth, but I recently tried introducing Interface is King (EK2) and a 1.8 patch for it to restore some of the missing tooltips and functions from the EK2 UI that get removed by other mods, and it's introduced some character building bugs that linger even after removing the offending mods.  I'm still working on tracking down the problems, changing up load order, etc, to fix the latest bugs in my build.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 124050.png

Unfortunately this is because you don't actually have Character Body Overhaul in your load.  CBO Vanilla is a sub mod, not the main mod download, so it's not actively clashing because it's not there.

1 hour ago, Althaer said:

I don't think you need both Interface is King (EK2) and Interface is King EK2 Hotfix for 1.8.1, if that's the patch for it you are using. The hotfix is actually standalone, as far as I can tell. I was having issues with the character create also, but I think removing the outdated mod has fixed them, but I would have to experiment further to know for sure.

@Althaer Yeah as pointed out by someone else you're not actually playing with CBO, this is an alternative load order there would be more typical but also will let me demonstrate the pretty significant incompatibility.

image.png.22ac87d74575dd3bd4e70559a2a65cc0.png

As you will be able to see below, it looks nightmarish XD

image.jpeg.7502e6e5e914c947f94a6dea71de7a3e.jpeg

I'm familiar enough with modding in general (some with Paradox games too) to be able to track down the source of the problem but not actually have a real solution

[char_body_overhaul\gfx\models\portraits\male_head\male_head.asset and char_body_overhaul\gfx\models\portraits\female_head\female_head.asset] overwrite EK2's custom models and presumably ruleset causing that abomination.

A simple but inelegant fix I've come up with is changing the file extension on those two files so that they cannot be loaded which surprisingly doesn't immediately crash but I haven't tested thoroughly to see if there are other issues and that's a very hatchet job "fix". 

I haven't encountered other major issues but I've also only tested for a grand total about 5 minutes.

And though I have a little bit of modding experience, Ck3 has a lot of differences compared to what Im used to and I don't have the time to dedicate to working it out for you horny bastards :P

On 2/21/2023 at 1:08 PM, GallowsUK said:

Unfortunately this is because you don't actually have Character Body Overhaul in your load.  CBO Vanilla is a sub mod, not the main mod download, so it's not actively clashing because it's not there.

Well...sonofabitch, you're right.  I could have sworn I had it in place, but my brain apparently skimmed over that CBO Vanilla was the submod and not the main CBO mod! ...which was still sitting in my unused mods section from the playset I was using.

On 2/21/2023 at 5:55 PM, Spo0ye2 said:

@Althaer Yeah as pointed out by someone else you're not actually playing with CBO, this is an alternative load order there would be more typical but also will let me demonstrate the pretty significant incompatibility.

image.png.22ac87d74575dd3bd4e70559a2a65cc0.png

As you will be able to see below, it looks nightmarish XD

image.jpeg.7502e6e5e914c947f94a6dea71de7a3e.jpeg

I'm familiar enough with modding in general (some with Paradox games too) to be able to track down the source of the problem but not actually have a real solution

[char_body_overhaul\gfx\models\portraits\male_head\male_head.asset and char_body_overhaul\gfx\models\portraits\female_head\female_head.asset] overwrite EK2's custom models and presumably ruleset causing that abomination.

A simple but inelegant fix I've come up with is changing the file extension on those two files so that they cannot be loaded which surprisingly doesn't immediately crash but I haven't tested thoroughly to see if there are other issues and that's a very hatchet job "fix". 

I haven't encountered other major issues but I've also only tested for a grand total about 5 minutes.

And though I have a little bit of modding experience, Ck3 has a lot of differences compared to what Im used to and I don't have the time to dedicate to working it out for you horny bastards :P

Wow, so removing those two files actually did the job and everything was looking good until I clicked on the "head and neck" tab of the character customization screen and the game CTDs, but I suspect you're on to something here..

CBO causes issues still, which really is a shame because i've managed to get everything else working perfectly but sadly with CBO many characters suffer from the black face glitch, I am however running this all on 1.8 so that could be causing some issues

So, what's the best you can currently do with EK2? I take it body overhaul doesn't work. What can be used instead for beast race nudity and "interaction"/animation? I haven't been keeping up with CK3 or CK3 modding at all, but the fig leave isn't quite satisfactory...

Edited by herpesschmerpes
4 hours ago, herpesschmerpes said:

So, what's the best you can currently do with EK2? I take it body overhaul doesn't work. What can be used instead for beast race nudity and "interaction"/animation? I haven't been keeping up with CK3 or CK3 modding at all, but the fig leave isn't quite satisfactory...

If you do the "fix" that Spo0ye2 described, you can actually use CBO with EK2, I'm using Carnal Court lite and a handful of other mods, and yeah I'm able to get the adult "interaction" animations to work with the characters just fine along with other adult mods that don't use special animations. The only issue is now almost all of the human races have the black texture face glitch and most of the characters are naked by default in their portraits. Also, the muscle slider does not work :/ there are a handful of other character features that glitch in small ways as well. I'm sure you could weed through the CBO files and try to remove conflicting files, but it's really just shots in the dark unless you know what you're doing.

7 hours ago, ash12345y said:

[...] almost all of the human races have the black texture face glitch and most of the characters are naked by default in their portraits. Also, the muscle slider does not work :/ there are a handful of other character features that glitch in small ways as well. [...]

Thanks for the reply. That's a bit of a bummer, though... Wouldn't want to play with black faces and glitches everywhere. Is there another "uncensor" mod besides CBO that one may use without glitches? That's assuming glitches are related to CBO conflicts specifically. Do the beast races even benefit from CBO character models?

Edited by herpesschmerpes

Once I do have the time to actually look at a proper fix I'm probably going to come to the conclusion that it may just be easier to start most from scratch with the framework essentially being the only thing kept intact. EK2 is such a large project that I suspect it will be easier to cater to it rather than attempt to shoe horn CBO to work with it.

Hi, while working on Carnalitas Slavery Reimagined compatibility patch for EK2, I realized there is a number of compatibility issues between EK2 and the original Carnalitas. I fixed them and decided to release them as a separate mod, Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility. You may give it a try.

I basically went through all Carnalitas files that were also changed by EK2, took the EK2 file as a base, and applied the Carnalitas changes on it. The most visible improvement is in the character window, which now properly shows the changes of both mods. Previously, you would get either the Carnalitas version (no arcana, magicka, etc.) or the EK2 version (no slaves), depending on load order. There are also other fixes, see the README file for details.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, pharaox said:

Hi, while working on Carnalitas Slavery Reimagined compatibility patch for EK2, I realized there is a number of compatibility issues between EK2 and the original Carnalitas. I fixed them and decided to release them as a separate mod, Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility. You may give it a try.

I basically went through all Carnalitas files that were also changed by EK2, took the EK2 file as a base, and applied the Carnalitas changes on it. The most visible improvement is in the character window, which now properly shows the changes of both mods. Previously, you would get either the Carnalitas version (no arcana, magicka, etc.) or the EK2 version (no slaves), depending on load order. There are also other fixes, see the README file for details.

Thank you, But human characters still have the black skin glitch, I did the exact load order as you said, same issue.

2342342.jpg

Edited by vadoler
The issue was caused by CBO, not Carnalitas, so we're missing CBO EK2 compatibility.