Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

13 hours ago, Ashra XIII said:

Yes I'm still getting some flashing textures in cities such as Whiterun and Windhelm, mostly on the stonework but sometimes in the wood planks. It's the same ol' LOD issue though... if I go inside and come back out (or use the LOD Unloader), the flashing textures are gone, but they still come back eventually.

Since it's only in those few places I've decided not to kill myself over it... at least for now. I suspect the next update to the mod list will be making some big changes to cities which may resolve the issue.

Thanks.  I used to create all of this without issue.  Maps had object and tree lod.  Simply beautiful.  I assume it's me missing something and Aylis I know is working so hard.  I received some advice from some Discord friends.  I am testing their process today.  These are all modders although they create mostly armors, characters, and remakes like what JK does.  I will let you know if it works.  Stay special my friend and wish me luck.  (updating my mod list first.  Love the changes that Aylis has done.)

38 minutes ago, Miss Tee said:

Thanks.  I used to create all of this without issue.  Maps had object and tree lod.  Simply beautiful.  I assume it's me missing something and Aylis I know is working so hard.  I received some advice from some Discord friends.  I am testing their process today.  These are all modders although they create mostly armors, characters, and remakes like what JK does.  I will let you know if it works.  Stay special my friend and wish me luck.  (updating my mod list first.  Love the changes that Aylis has done.)

Best o luck ?
I'm trying to learn more about DynDOLOD and LOD's etc, I'd be interested to know what different settings etc you try, feel free to message me directly if it feels off-topic to discuss here.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:36 PM, Aylis said:

@alaunus01

Yes. But don't forget that link collections like that one are just a very rough draft of what i intend to do. So they might be incomplete or even contain mods that are already in the guide (i don't always flagg the 'endorsed' in MO2 when i list them here).

I've tested YK before and i wasn't happy with it. So i'm not sure if Acheron is the way to go...

Next run of DynDOLOD. I forgot to activate some patches so i have to rerun the whole thing again... ?

Check 'OSL Aroused'.

Why do you think thats a bug? People usually don't turn into a plank when they talk to each other (aka seems to work as intended).

Sorry. I didn't phrase it correctly.
It's not a natural pace of body language. The character is fidgeting rapidly between poses.

Third rerun of DynDOLOD today... This should fix the two broken trees east of Whiterun. With all the patches this can become interesting, thankfully i got a few tricks up my sleeve (and you won't have to worry about it during installation).

10 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

There is a new mod this morning called. Dyndolod dll ng .  It talks about flickering meshes in description and addresses them. Mod is alpha.

I'm an alpha girl today.  Going to try it. Why not. Thanks for letting me know.  

It has a new box to check called large reference bug I really hope this fixes things I just read the description of large reference bug on dyndolod and it looks like a bit of work is required.  Let us know of your outcome. I'm still setting up a new game long way off to running dyndolod!

Edited by KCOLL
1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Third rerun of DynDOLOD today... This should fix the two broken trees east of Whiterun. With all the patches this can become interesting, thankfully i got a few tricks up my sleeve (and you won't have to worry about it during installation).

You are a champion.

3 hours ago, KCOLL said:

There is a new mod this morning called. Dyndolod dll ng .  It talks about flickering meshes in description and addresses them. Mod is alpha.

Actually, this isn't new.  Previous versions had been available linked from the DynDOLOD FAQ pages for testing/troubleshooting.  I've been using it since fighting my LOD problems around ...April (and wasn't new at that time)?  It looks like he's happy enough with it now to publicly link it to Nexus, and not fight bug reports for a testing version.

For me, using it and the large reference bug fixes didn't fix my LOD problems.  But I experienced faster run times on my DynDOLOD compilations, and lots fewer errors on the end report.  Never saw actual visual difference between NG and normal, but I presume there were fewer conflicts as a result (even if I never saw issues in limited gameplay).

Glad to see it broken out though, much easier to keep tabs on updates that way.

59 minutes ago, Bigglsby said:

Actually, this isn't new.  Previous versions had been available linked from the DynDOLOD FAQ pages for testing/troubleshooting.  I've been using it since fighting my LOD problems around ...April (and wasn't new at that time)?  It looks like he's happy enough with it now to publicly link it to Nexus, and not fight bug reports for a testing version.

For me, using it and the large reference bug fixes didn't fix my LOD problems.  But I experienced faster run times on my DynDOLOD compilations, and lots fewer errors on the end report.  Never saw actual visual difference between NG and normal, but I presume there were fewer conflicts as a result (even if I never saw issues in limited gameplay).

Glad to see it broken out though, much easier to keep tabs on updates that way.

I appreciate the information.  I just started my run after some life delays.  Hope I can learn something to help.  

Quick update.  The lod worked.  No mesh issues.  The map has roads, paths, objects and trees.  There are issues that I need to work on like a naked guard, freezing entering Whiterun, P+ still won't work.  (giving up on it)  I did load the mods Aylis showed she has planned for the next update.  I'm sure I got the load order all wrong but wanted to test so badly.  All looked great and no issues at all with meshes running around outside Whiterun.  The new parallax seems to be fantastic.  It was cloudy and early in the day but didn't see anything unusual.  Run through Riverwood looked really good.  Of course, these were new mods around Whiterun different than before so I don't know.  My map is back the way I like it.  That mod Lod Unloading Bug fix would have fixed the naked guard but that is simply a shortcut to reloading I believe.  Worked before anyway.  Need some more testing and some learning.  I don't know how to fix freezing or why it happens.  Too tired to test anymore or I would bounce around to other cities.  Not much use if I can't get in without freezing though. ***should mention, the FPS was very stable.  Actually, very good considering all the mods outside Whiterun.  Aylis, you chose well. They look fantastic.  

ScreenShot9.jpg

Edited by Miss Tee
add image
1 hour ago, Miss Tee said:

Quick update.  The lod worked.  No mesh issues.  The map has roads, paths, objects and trees.  There are issues that I need to work on like a naked guard, freezing entering Whiterun, P+ still won't work.  (giving up on it)  I did load the mods Aylis showed she has planned for the next update.  I'm sure I got the load order all wrong but wanted to test so badly.  All looked great and no issues at all with meshes running around outside Whiterun.  The new parallax seems to be fantastic.  It was cloudy and early in the day but didn't see anything unusual.  Run through Riverwood looked really good.  Of course, these were new mods around Whiterun different than before so I don't know.  My map is back the way I like it.  That mod Lod Unloading Bug fix would have fixed the naked guard but that is simply a shortcut to reloading I believe.  Worked before anyway.  Need some more testing and some learning.  I don't know how to fix freezing or why it happens.  Too tired to test anymore or I would bounce around to other cities.  Not much use if I can't get in without freezing though. ***should mention, the FPS was very stable.  Actually, very good considering all the mods outside Whiterun.  Aylis, you chose well. They look fantastic.  

Wow thanks for all the updates, it's really good to hear that the new city mods are working much better and without flashing textures. 

Sexlab P* never worked for me either... I tried it a couple times and it just wouldn't function. Since regular Sexlab works fine even if the animations can sometimes take a bit to start, I don't really see the need for P+ anyways. As to the naked guards, I haven't personally seen any of that other than when males were accidentally getting bikini armor assigned to them, so maybe you also have some kind of female-only armors getting distributed?

For me, I did finally feel happy enough to actually start really playing a game of Skyrim, and got pretty far into a play-through.... then I made the mistake of buying Baldur's Gate III so I maaay be wrapped up with that for a bit.  Not that I'll ever quit modding Skyrim of course.

6 hours ago, Miss Tee said:

P+ still won't work

4 hours ago, Ashra XIII said:

Sexlab P* never worked for me either

Not sure why you are having issues with P+. The only thing I can think of is you have mods overwriting either Sexlab or Sexlab P+ files. You could use MO2's Infomation Conflicts tab to try and track it down. Or, just not use P+. There isn't anything in the modlist that requires P+. I've not been using it since I found an issue with one of the staple mods I've been using for ages.

If you aren't using P+, you can use SL Animation Searcher speeds up the start of a Sexlab scene. Not by as much as P+, but noticable faster. New game recommended, but there are some instructions for adding it to an ongoing game.

3 hours ago, misterpipes said:

Not sure why you are having issues with P+. The only thing I can think of is you have mods overwriting either Sexlab or Sexlab P+ files. You could use MO2's Infomation Conflicts tab to try and track it down. Or, just not use P+. There isn't anything in the modlist that requires P+. I've not been using it since I found an issue with one of the staple mods I've been using for ages.

If you aren't using P+, you can use SL Animation Searcher speeds up the start of a Sexlab scene. Not by as much as P+, but noticable faster. New game recommended, but there are some instructions for adding it to an ongoing game.

It's ok.  I shouldn't be posting anyway.  I've added many mods over the base list so my conclusions are really for my list.  With regular Sexlab, never had any issues but wanted to give it a try.  I'm sure there is a conflict I can't find but that's ok.  A beautiful world is more important right now and Aylis has done that.  Thank you for the tip.

1 hour ago, alaunus01 said:

There are a metric crapton of mods that hook into Sexlab in 'creative' ways (i.e. SLSO). Any of those will break P+.

I think I am learning that.  I do have the SLSO patch for P+ but looks like there is more needed.  

3 hours ago, misterpipes said:

Thank you for the mod recommendation, I'll look into that! Something to speed up the start of animations is always welcome as for me, that's really the only issue I have with Sexlab right now.

As to P+, I honestly have no idea why it won't work for me, but trust me I tried. I'm very good at sorting load-order conflicts and the like, but P+ just doesn't function correctly. Basically, if I initiate a scene (have tried with mods, have tried with SL Tools...) it will only ever play one particular animation (which can change depending on which animations I have enabled) and only that one. Ever. So weird.

So I just gave up on it, as it's not required for anything. 

36 minutes ago, Ashra XIII said:

Thank you for the mod recommendation, I'll look into that! Something to speed up the start of animations is always welcome as for me, that's really the only issue I have with Sexlab right now.

As to P+, I honestly have no idea why it won't work for me, but trust me I tried. I'm very good at sorting load-order conflicts and the like, but P+ just doesn't function correctly. Basically, if I initiate a scene (have tried with mods, have tried with SL Tools...) it will only ever play one particular animation (which can change depending on which animations I have enabled) and only that one. Ever. So weird.

So I just gave up on it, as it's not required for anything. 

Some information for your library.  What I learned so far that conflicts wtih P+.  SexlabAnimationSlots2000, Sexlab Animation remover (creature and Human), SLSO (currently a patch).  The Sexlab patch in Improved Camera patches.  I'm not interested right now in disabling everything to try and get it to work.  My next step though whenever.  Take care.  

5 hours ago, Miss Tee said:

Some information for your library.  What I learned so far that conflicts wtih P+.  SexlabAnimationSlots2000, Sexlab Animation remover (creature and Human), SLSO (currently a patch).  The Sexlab patch in Improved Camera patches.  I'm not interested right now in disabling everything to try and get it to work.  My next step though whenever.  Take care.  

The only one out of those I use is the SL Animation remover, which I figured was the conflict when I was trying to get P+ to work. I believe what happened at the time was that I had so many animations, not having the animation remover installed pushed me over the limit of what FNIS could handle. I wasn't using Nemesis back then I think.

I think P+ could have been amazing, but I dunno if it's even still getting updates, so as it stands this mod's pros don't outweigh the cons at all.

An amazing new mod has been out since 31 July and it looks great.  Especially for thief characters.

SkyClimb has already garnered over 600 posts.  

Treshcore on Nexus wrote:  "it indeed feels like Assassin's Creed because animations are so smooth, so well-made, so amazing."

Has some issues that needs workarounds.

1.  Unfortunately this mod seems to keep working in the menu for the arcane enchanter, meaning that if I try to put a space in an item's name my character will attempt to climb something, only to brick the game entirely.
    A: Reassigning the Climb key (away from [Spacebar]) fixed this for me.
2.  The mod will detect a climbable ledge but due to my character being a bit shorter than normal he won't be able to fully pull himself up and thus will fall down as soon as the animation's over. 
    A: If you've used setscale to make your character shorter, go back to setscale 1 and change the height slider in racemenu to the desired value.  It's kind of a band-aid solution until it gets fixed properly.

Has a requirement that has requirements.  One of which is EVG Animated Traversal which will need Animation Motion Revolution which I don't see in the modlist.  I think everything else is in the list.

Seriously, this should be part of the Modlist.

I'd like to start over on my Skyrim mod build, but Starfield will be out before I could finish.  So, when I'm through with Starfield I'll start back on this.  I'll keep looking in to see what's happening.

When mods start coming out for it, I sure hope Mod Organizer works for it.  Can you imagine what can be added to it with a thousand worlds and moons!

1 hour ago, nightred said:

From what I read P+ only works with the stock sexlab animations and any changes will break it.

This is my understanding as well... you gotta have the Sexlab stock animations all in place, and then P+ can disable them from the MCM so you don't have to see them.

Unfortunately that didn't work out for me at the time because I had so many animations, FNIS wouldn't even run unless I used the mod to purge the stock SL ones. It's a problem I probably don't have anymore but I haven't gone back to actually see if P+ will work now. Maybe I will at some point.