Milk Mod Economy - Inflation Framework - Body Scale Issue

So this is a problem that has plagued me when ever I try to use inflation/body scale modification mods. Basically my character's Modifications do not update in real time, the only way I can see the changes at all is to unequip and/or re-equip armor to see the changes, and they happen all at once plus I have to re-equip armor that also has been effected by changes too otherwise they will clip into the body. I've finally gotten these two mods to play nice by finding a patch on here to make them work, but what's the fun if I don't get to see these changes update in real time? Can anyone more Knowledgeable and Experienced in this matter than I help?

Edited by vulcan13

First guess is, whatever mods you're using, they're not calling NiOverride.UpdateModelWeight() to update the meshes until you equip something.

Typically SLIF is used for all things morphing around here, as far as I know, that one does not have this "bug". Last time I checked though it did have a lot of settings, maybe one of them is limiting the update frequency as it were. Maybe a performance related setting?

Edit: Body not morphing with the armor is more a bodyslide or bad armor conversion thing. Typically I see this if I forget to remove a reference body from an armor mesh, ie. it was my own fault.

Edited by traison

Neither of these really point me in a direction I know where to follow. One thing I know is, before I installed the MME SLIF Patch, when ever the character Imbibed Lactacid the characters Belly did expand in real time but that was the only thing, and now that I have the patch installed it's stopped doing that in favor of what the MME editor patch does, which doesn't update until the Body slot changes equip status.

I know absolutely nothing about how NIOverride works or how it functions in tandem with mods, I can safely say I have skimmed through all the options I have access to me through my MCM's and but I don't see anything about update frequency or the like.

In terms of Bodyslide, I use the 3BBB 3BA body, I've read other posts on here and it seems to be a rather finicky body type to get it to play fair with these sorts of mods... I've wondered if it had anything to do with me using a Custom Race, I use the TeraElinRemastered Race Adult Body. I know it didn't get along with a lot of Adult mods in the past, but I've only had one outright say no to me using the TER version of the mod. But I like the TeraElin race as it can create the best Anime-Like faces of the mods I've seen available so far.

Other than that I'm completely stumped as to what's going wrong, I've modded Skyrim since it's conception and any time I try to work with mods like this, this whole body not updating problem has been a bane of my modding attempts in the past as well.

1 hour ago, vulcan13 said:

One thing I know is, before I installed the MME SLIF Patch, when ever the character Imbibed Lactacid the characters Belly did expand in real time but that was the only thing, and now that I have the patch installed it's stopped doing that in favor of what the MME editor patch does, which doesn't update until the Body slot changes equip status.

I read that as "I installed patch X. Now things don't work the way they used to; they instead work according to patch X." Just me, or did you just answer your own question?

Your original (pre-"MME SLIF Patch") problem was most likely the morph "preset" json file that SLIF now uses. I can't really help you with that one as I made my own SLIF long before that feature was implemented; I just know that there's different "preset" json files that presumably control how and what morphs.

Edit: Here for instance is a post that mentions those presets. Not sure if there's a central repository of these or if they're scattered all over loverslab and finding one is just a crapshoot.

Edited by traison

No, I meant it as the only thing that was working was belly and nothing else. And I meant that as something use to be functioning in real time but now is not so I do not know why other things are not working in real time as they should be and do not know what is causing the issue.

As for what you linked I already found that long before I had said patch and am using that exact file for my preset json file. And it did nothing for me and nothing changed.

Edit: The file could of been why the Belly was working but it makes me wonder why nothing else was.

Edit2: So I don't know what I did, but it seems to be working now with the side effect of some micro stutter once in a while as it updates. Not sure if that's intentional or suppose to happen or not, but at least it's working......

Edited by vulcan13

So I hate to keep this going, but apparently my fix is sort of half right. Basically the mods themselves aren't updating and what I did was turn on the Scanner in the Inflation Frame work options with the "Update Actor List" Checkbox enabled, it doesn't work right away and only worked on a full reload of the game and it causes some rather terrible stutter lag to the game when it updates.... I'm unsure if I can really call this "Fixed" or not...

I genuinely don't know what to do, even the Scanner seems to only choose when it wants to work, loading up the game today with it still all enabled and it's not wanting to update the body morphs at all. In your post you mentioned a settings file, which file is that exactly? I would not be surprised if something in my .ini files is playing coy with me.

Don't recall mentioning a settings file. The only file mentioned here was the json preset thing that SLIF uses, the one which you said you had already found and/or were aware of.

As for your new problem of nothing updating at all:

1. Script lag?
  2. Sure you're using the correct json preset file for SLIF? Not trying to use say a BHUNP preset on a 3BAv2 body etc?
  3. Have you checked to make sure whatever mods you're using to feed inflation info into SLIF with, that they're actually doing that. If SLIF is saying there's 0 inflation then the problem is not in your morphs but rather in whatever mod was supposed to do the inflating in the first place.
Edited by traison

I was talking about the settings file you were talking about in your own post you linked about having dealt with script lag for a long time.

As for nothing happening, it still updates but I have to physically take off my characters body armor for them to actually make any visible changes like I initially posted when I started this. I am still using CBBE .json files and the tulliusver you mentioned earlier. So there are things happening, just not on their own with out my own personal intervention of armor equipping. Which is tantamount of annoying since I use high heels and I have a bug that basically makes my character's heel height reset when ever armor is equipped and I have to un and re equip the heels to fix that..... Anywho though.

The Script lag only occurs when the scanner update actually wants to work, when it's not working it's as smooth as normal gameplay. I just can't understand why it will work and then not work at times, SLIF is registering the MME Editor modules in the mod settings. I'll provide some screenshots of the settings here. If there is anything you want to specifically look at just ask. Usually I'm very adept at figuring out my own problems, which is why I have a low comment count on this account, and I've had it for years and never needed to post. But this is just driving me up the wall.

Screenshot - 11_15_2022 , 5_37_51 PM.png

Screenshot - 11_15_2022 , 5_38_07 PM.png

Screenshot - 11_15_2022 , 5_38_57 PM.png

Well I think I might've figured it out and it had absolutely nothing to do with any of the Milk or Inflation mods.... It had to do with a little plugin called "RaceMenuPlugin.esp" Causing the CBBE 3BA Morphs to intermittently work at times and not work. Only reason I found this is cause I noticed my sliders stopped working sometimes and found this in a post on the Racemenu Nexus page. 

So counter update to the last one, this issue seems to be a product of a conflict between Racemenu and Engine Fixes. I'm just posting this here for search and informative purposes at this point there are apparently things you can turn off in Engine Fixes that will stop it but I had no luck on that as it simply caused the game to CTD on the Bethesda Splash screen, and turning off RaceMenuPlugin.esp doesn't work entirely as it still intermittently works.

This issue might be resolved with Racemenu v0-4-19-14 but that version only works for Skyrim 1.6.640 and I am unable to verify due to still being on 1.6.353 due to many of my complex animation mods still not being updated. 

Edit: Removed invalid info.

Edited by vulcan13
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a note, I'm seeing the same issue with MME and Fertility mod.  I am using the most up to date version of RaceMenu with AE, and that doesn't fix the issue.  So removing EngineFixes right now has been the only thing I've seen that makes it so updates happen in real time without having to change armor.