Need an explanation for custom skeleton usage

I hope I'm not posting this in wrong place.

Trying to get the hang of things with custom character creation but lacking some base knowledge. Hopefully someone here can explain...

I'm able to muck around with a UNP and CBBE body using stuffedBunny's Bodyslide++

It's an awesome tool.

I also have ECE AND SkyUI.

Now I am hoping to utilize Ning's "perfect 3-2" skeleton. But I'm lost. It's just a nif file.

I thought nif files are just meshes no?

How do I get the option to lengthen the legs like shown in Ning's mod page?

Any pointer much appreciated. Thanks.

Okay - go to "The Skeleton of Female Models" at Nexus, locate the Pefect 3-2 file you want in the files list, and press the green tab that says "DOWNLOAD WITH MANAGER". This will install the skeleton correctly via your Nexus Mod Manager (which I assume you have installed). I would strongly advise that you use this method. :)

**If you really want to install it manually, then once you have downloaded the archive, open it, and drag the "Data" folder it contains into your Skyrim folder. Until you're very familiar with your Skyrim\Data folder I would strongly advise that you do NOT use this method.

Archived