conversion issue

Khiropter

Well hes the problem. I've converted well i've tried to convert some of Krista mods for my own use, but i have encountered an issue. First of i converted the C String which for an odd reason goes invisible at 100 weight but it visible from 89 to 99 weight. Also note that as it's for my own use i did only the 100 one. Well that's not a big issue but the problem goes whit the second conversion that i did. A pair of panties, the one in the picture below to be more exact. Did the same thing as the C string. Adjusted it to the 7B, reskined it, redo the bsdismemberment and anding it to the main body (3dsmax) also weighted it. Once exported i fixed the texture issue that happens whit 3dsmax and went ingame to see what or how it looks. Well same as the C string at 100 is missing, so i said well maybe for an odd reason will work as the previos conversion whit 99 weight. Well this one exploded as i did not do the weightslider that i know. So i would really like some advice on how to fix this issue.

The invisibility issue may be caused by the alpha value of the mesh. make sure that it is set to 1 in the BSLightingShaderProperty node.

The exploding part is due to some difference between the _0 and _1 mesh. This could include a different vertex count, mesh transformations or even a different NiTriShape order, among other things.

That's the same body part that the other mesh uses, right?

Is the mesh skinned correctly? Unweighted vertices on equipment pieces may not show up in nifSkope or the game, although this is probably not it since your whole mesh is invisible. What about the Shader Flags, are they the same? If the mesh isn't too complex I'd recommend going through the nif data and checking for any differences between the two, in particular for the BSLightingShaderProperty.

Zadil: regarding BSLightingShaderProperty i normaly delete the one 3dsmax creates in nifscope and copy/paste the original one (as i learned from nightasy tutorials)

Regarding skinning well i tried both ways> add skin wrap in 3dsmax and i've tried both face deformaton and vertex something (don't have it open right now and i don't remember the name^^) and have same problem.

b3lisario: Has vertex colors > original has no, mine has yes once i export it from 3dsmax. I did change it to no. did not test it whit yes.

Same here - no invisible panties. The only remaining causes that I can think of is that you haven't correctly set up the body slots in the CK, that your female body isn't installed correctly, or that your texture has a messed up alpha channel.
Otherwise I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

well the body should be installed correctly, followed the instructions

texture..well would that be an issue whit the 0 weight also? that's visible...well as visible as it is on the 7b

and regarding CK well you've lost me. never used it for conversions 

So you simply overwrite the existing .nif file then (as opposed to creating a separate piece of equipment)?
Ok, it that case it shouldn't really matter, but you might just as well give it a try by creating a new piece of equipment in the CK and see if that makes any difference (if you intend to do any kind of Skyrim modding you will have to use it eventually anyways). There are plenty of tutorial online on the subject, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Don't know what else to suggest, just that it doesn't seem to be the nif after all, so it must be something on your end.

Archived