Getting started with LL on AE is very confusing. Need help.

Hi anyone!

I'm almost finished with building my modlist for propper playthrough and want to add some spicy things to complete it. And it's total mess with versions here and I struggle to understand it. Guides and FAQ's I find seem to be outdated and refer to SE but not AE. Or maybe not exactly but sometimes definately. Mods\versions\discussions are separated, every second time there is no link or explanation.

For example SexLab Framework (which is up to date I think) recommends to download zaz animations. There are version 8 (I assume for oldrim) and version 1 for SE. But SE version was last updated 2 years ago so I don't know if it works for AE. I'm completely lost in all this.

What should I do to understand what's compatible with AE? I'd really appreciate some help.

Here's what I have and somewhat understand.

Spoiler

I should have all the requirements. SKSE, XMP, 3BA, FSMP, CBPC and all other fancy letters. There's a ton of this stuff I've installed while building modlist and haven't seen anything new from mods on LL. Everything works on .353 version.

I have Nemesis for that cool new combat stuff. From what I've read it should work fine instead of FNIS until creatures get involved but I have no plans on that.

I've tried Ostim but it's a bit wonky and now I'm looking for alternatives. On top of that LL seems to have more interesting stuff.

A bit confused with SoS. I have Tempered Skins for Males with the second part as was advised on Ostim installation guide. Also I've installed SoS SE HDT-SMP. I'm almost sure that this is not what I need. Girl's vagina and anus physics don't work in SMP-mode and anus doesn't work in CBPC-mode. I have suspicion that SoS messes with XMP-skeletons and breaks it somehow but I'm not sure. I had issue with male's shields being on the ground instead of on the back and moving SoS above XMP fixed it. But I'm not sure if female skeleton is affected by this.

For now I've installed Toys and Love Framework and will try what goes whith it since it's updated to AE. For my understanding it is another framework, separate from SexLab. But it's smth that I want in addition to regular sex. And with the "regular sex" I struggle.

I've installed SexLab Framework (and activated ingame). And I don't know where to go from this point. What's working with AE? Devious Devices? If so then which one? What animations packs are working? How do I understand what's compatible with AE?

Also there is a question for both Toys&Love and SexLab. What's the "interact" button?)) In MCM's hotkeys tab there're bindings for keys to control animations but I can't find how to start them. At least Toys&Love have masturbation button and I suppose this framework is about wearing toys with different effects so maybe it shouldn't have dedicated "start sex" button. But SexLab is confusing. If I just add animations then I still won't know how to start them. And then it doesn't matter if I have 10 or 1000, I still won't be able to use them. Maybe I'm just stupid and don't understand smth simple.

PS

I know about recent AE update but it shouldn't cause troubles. I turned off Steam updates so I'm still on .353 version.

Most mods ported to SE work fine in AE. The only ones that require special care are the ones with a dll file. In which case the mod will likely contain the specific requirement details in the description (example Sexlab Framework, Racemenu, Fuz ro doh, SOS... all these are very vocal about which SKSE/game versions are required). So not every mod will need to be recently update for it to work with AE.

Check links in my signature for some useful threads (orange one is a guide I wrote for SE/AE covering the basics to get SL running, blue ones are lists of mods ported or compatible with SE/AE).

On 9/16/2022 at 10:33 PM, Just Don't said:

Most mods ported to SE work fine in AE. The only ones that require special care are the ones with a dll file. In which case the mod will likely contain the specific requirement details in the description (example Sexlab Framework, Racemenu, Fuz ro doh, SOS... all these are very vocal about which SKSE/game versions are required). So not every mod will need to be recently update for it to work with AE.

Check links in my signature for some useful threads (orange one is a guide I wrote for SE/AE covering the basics to get SL running, blue ones are lists of mods ported or compatible with SE/AE).

Thanks a lot!

Sorry it took me so long to answer, it took some time to absorb all that info and to try solving some issues myself instead of asking every single thing))

Provided links really helped! Although they are still a bit confusing) For example linked guide says to install animation loader but on the Compatibility Tracking page it's listed as outdated. Now SL Framework itself is also "outdated". I guess it's due to the recent update. But still confusing))

I'm so concerned about all this just to be shure that when something breaks it's on me and not on mods. And it makes troubleshooting easier since I'm new to modded Skyrim.

There're some things I'd like to ask.

1. Is it safe to merge anything? For example smash all installed Toys&Love stuff together. I'm new to this so not sure. I've read that you shouldn't merge master mods but I don't know if it's ok to pack them together with dependencies. Maybe in that case it won't matter that much? On the other hand SL Framework can use T&L animations and maybe merging will break smth so not sure. I'm almost at the plugin's limit and have no choice than free dozen or so to make space for sex mods. Just the basic LL stuff eats a lot of slots.

2. Regarding ZaZ Animation Packs. As I understood I should download ZaZ Animation Packs for SE and just add ZaP 8 and ZaP 8+ from provided links on top. Should it work like that?

3. I still can't solve the issue with facial expressions not resetting after the end of a scene. Actors continue walking around with silly smiles and open mouth. Tried to turn off HighPoly Head and Waifu Expression but that did nothing. But maybe it's better to ask about it on the SL Framework's page.

Also. There is no body physics whith strapons. It's kinda expected since they don't have bones in theory. Is there any way to do smth with it?

Thanks again for the help!

1 hour ago, ETOmoX said:

Provided links really helped! Although they are still a bit confusing) For example linked guide says to install animation loader but on the Compatibility Tracking page it's listed as outdated. Now SL Framework itself is also "outdated". I guess it's due to the recent update. But still confusing))

If you mean the Compat Tracking post it usually refers to the latest game version, so when it says outdated it means it's not ready to be used for the current version. But 1.5.97 (the one we had since 2019 to November 2021) and 1.6.353 (the previous "stable" patch after November 2021's AE update) has plenty of compatible mods. The more recept updates not so much, which is why it's recommended to avoid updates and downgrade to one of these two version.

1 hour ago, ETOmoX said:

1. Is it safe to merge anything? For example smash all installed Toys&Love stuff together. I'm new to this so not sure. I've read that you shouldn't merge master mods but I don't know if it's ok to pack them together with dependencies. Maybe in that case it won't matter that much? On the other hand SL Framework can use T&L animations and maybe merging will break smth so not sure. I'm almost at the plugin's limit and have no choice than free dozen or so to make space for sex mods. Just the basic LL stuff eats a lot of slots.

Do you really need the plugin slot to consider merging things at this point? Either way never merge mods that are frameworks or requirements for other mods. If you're unsure about what to merge you shouldn't be doing it... Try learning the basics first.

1 hour ago, ETOmoX said:

2. Regarding ZaZ Animation Packs. As I understood I should download ZaZ Animation Packs for SE and just add ZaP 8 and ZaP 8+ from provided links on top. Should it work like that?

ZAZ 7, 8 and 8+ are different versions of the same framework. Only install one (8+ most likely since its additional features might be required by some mods and it already does what 7 and 8 do).

No idea about facial expressions or physics for strapons, I'm a bit out of the loop in these aspects tbh. Try searching or asking around existing threads for the related mods.

15 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

If you mean the Compat Tracking post it usually refers to the latest game version, so when it says outdated it means it's not ready to be used for the current version. But 1.5.97 (the one we had since 2019 to November 2021) and 1.6.353 (the previous "stable" patch after November 2021's AE update) has plenty of compatible mods. The more recept updates not so much, which is why it's recommended to avoid updates and downgrade to one of these two version.

Yeah, I thought so. But Anim Loader was listed as outdated when .353 was the latest version of AE. Nvm it's just me whining)

19 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Do you really need the plugin slot to consider merging things at this point? Either way never merge mods that are frameworks or requirements for other mods. If you're unsure about what to merge you shouldn't be doing it... Try learning the basics first.

Well... I understand that it's better not to do things you're not sure about. But in that case I shouldn't have started to install mods in the first place)) Sex mods are sort of finishing touch in my modlist and I'd love to have them without sacrificing main stuff. And it feels strange that 1400+ other mods took about 230 and a bit active plugin slots without merging (and they seem to be working fine) while only 25 sex-related mods pushed it almost at 250. So I kinda have to merge smth to add final few.

I'll try to ask about ZaZ on the related page since it's description is a bit unclear.

Thanks again for your help!