Skyrim has brought me back!

jinsanx

I'm eagerly awaiting a construction set and a freshly developed set of tools to start cleaning up and replacing textures and meshes. My biggest drawback so far has been I had Oblivion looking so pretty when I last played it and Skyrim's environment has so much more potential but the people are fugly! I mean really?!? A whole continent and not 1 hot chick minus my character? (well, what I could make with limited resources) Unrealistic. LOL

I'm eagerly awaiting a construction set and a freshly developed set of tools to start cleaning up and replacing textures and meshes. My biggest drawback so far has been I had Oblivion looking so pretty when I last played it and Skyrim's environment has so much more potential but the people are fugly! I mean really?!? A whole continent and not 1 hot chick minus my character? (well' date=' what I could make with limited resources) Unrealistic. LOL

[/quote']

The vanilla women in this game blow the vanilla girls in oblivion out of the water. In terms of beauty for this series (and fallout), this is a mega improvement on character beauty. That aside, I miss my voluptuous and unrealistically beautiful HGEC womens. I didn't realize there wasn't a construction set out though.

I'm eagerly awaiting a construction set and a freshly developed set of tools to start cleaning up and replacing textures and meshes. My biggest drawback so far has been I had Oblivion looking so pretty when I last played it and Skyrim's environment has so much more potential but the people are fugly! I mean really?!? A whole continent and not 1 hot chick minus my character? (well' date=' what I could make with limited resources) Unrealistic. LOL

[/quote']

The vanilla women in this game blow the vanilla girls in oblivion out of the water. In terms of beauty for this series (and fallout), this is a mega improvement on character beauty. That aside, I miss my voluptuous and unrealistically beautiful HGEC womens. I didn't realize there wasn't a construction set out though.

Amen!

I wont lie, I really am having a blast playing the vanilla game. They seemed to be a bit darker and a tad more twisted this time around. Anyone who has overheard the little vamp girl talking to the "family" about leading a pedophile in to an alley to kill him. LOL there's probably 10 other similar stories people will tell you like that one. For the first time in a long time I'm actually listening to most of the chatter and stories from the npc's.

I agree Ryanhabs, I was trying to make my 1st play through a "white knight" run and man, it is hard as hell to do, as things often get so damn twisted around. There really aren't too many crystal clear black & white sides to right and wrong. Most situations vary from "light grey" to "dark grey".

One example I ran into was the kid praying for a dark brother hood assassin (of course my white knight isn't going into the brotherhood this go round), I thought I'd pop in and straighten the kid out. So I play it cool and just hear the kid out and decide what the hell and go to check out the old gal running the orphanage. Turns out the old shrew has manacles in a side room and regularly beats the stuffing out of the kids the whole time telling them they are worthless. Well I thought, bye bye bitch and offed her in a way I wouldn't get caught. :)

Needless to say I have given up playing as a white knight and am just doing the semi-honorable Nord play through instead. It is rather nice to have a situation go sideways on you........kudos to Bethesda for that! I am not sure how but I have logged 51 hours to this point and I haven't done shit for the main quest (besides visiting the grey beards and killing me some dragons), nor picked sides for the war. There is just so damn much to do!!! :)

I know what you mean, on the 11th, I only installed the game and basically just watched the opening then went back to try to finish off a different game I have been playing. Its now been 3 days since I "started" Yin's epic tale, and I have logged 33 hours! LOL 11 hrs a day...

I have though completed the main quest as I'm a completionist. Once I start something I ignore everything else and follow it all the way through. Minus the breaks to stop and gain a few levels in skills and such.

Yea i will hold off my purchase of skyrim

until some good mods surface

Are you sure? You don't know what you're missing out on!

Vanilla Skyrim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla Oblivion

SKYRIM is friggin' fantastic. Unlike Oblivion, there's more than like 3 voice actors/actress's doing voices for the npcs.. they have so much more "life" to them, than Oblivions characters.

The revamped Radiant Story/Radiant AI is... jaw dropping. Npcs do more than sit at a table, eat an apple, talk about mud crabs, then flop on the floor and sleep.

They else jobs, go to the market, get drunk at the bar... travel far to be married (or robbed and most definitely worse off then that heh).

Cooking/"skinning" animals in this game feels so much more important - like you have fun doing it, then CRAFTING your own armors and weapons and trinkets and brewing your own potions... all with full animations. Very interesting and very fun.

Oblivion was honestly BETA. Graphics aren't skeet-worthy, but the art direction still makes it nice to look at, and being at least better than Oblivion vanilla is enough for me.

Besides.. there's a few tweaks and mods out already that make it look even nicer. Don't miss out ; )

The game has some bugs and needs some patching but I can honestly say, this is most likely their best release as far as bugs and issues go. The other elder scrolls and fallouts were bugged to hell the first week of each being out. You can tell they took their time and tried pretty hard to make this game stable for release.

This is the totally worth having the first month of it being out, because the vanilla experience is great and worth experiencing before we all start throwing in mods. If they are still holding the construction set to themselves, maybe they intended to make the computer guys experience their game for a month before they let people start changing everything.

The vanilla experience definitely is amazing! I love the perks they added to the game now. Even if you didn't enjoy Oblivion (or Fallout) for the matter, still try Skyrim! The game is stunningly beautiful, the soundtrack is great, and the gameplay is enjoyable!

[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. The improvement in the "look" of the NPC's was one of the 1st things I noticed, along with the better animations, FAR better, non-retarded voice acting (although Oblivion did have SOME good voice actors, EG, the Guards and their infernal raging about nothing). The graphics are..... A SLIGHT improvement if you ask me. If I was going to judge this game entirely by what it was "made out to be", by all the hype, then I'd be severely disappointed, but instead, Im amazed and captivated. Only slightly pissed off by the horrendously low-res textures on landscapes and some architecture; and I MEAN, HORRENDOUSLY LOW RES PIXEL blocky heaven!

I've already had MULTIPLE smiles plastered across my face while playing this game, and this is only the 2nd day I've had it. Im loving it so far!

I dont care about the minor faults enough to stop playing though, I waited long enough for a sequel to Oblivion, and its still young, so...

The textures aren't amazing for a game released in 2011 (almost 2012). Also while the faces look so much betted than Oblivions; the Fallout/NV bodies are so much better than SKYRIMs.. did you guys see the horrriibbbleeee feet model/textures are soon bad. But saying what I said in previous post.. despite some obvious little bugs/bad stuff... this game jas a of awesome to offer.

oh well, my laptop is nothing against your warmachines guys, my laptop has just 2gb ram barely and 150 GB of HD space, i don't even know if i could play skyrim properly, would have to buy a ton of dvds to burn 50 GB of oblivion mods n.nU, or a portable HD

btw, anyone could point me about how to enter control panel to change my avatar, signature and pass? that would help me a lot

oh well' date=' my laptop is nothing against your warmachines guys, my laptop has just 2gb ram barely and 150 GB of HD space, i don't even know if i could play skyrim properly, would have to buy a ton of dvds to burn 50 GB of oblivion mods n.nU, or a portable HD

btw, anyone could point me about how to enter control panel to change my avatar, signature and pass? that would help me a lot

[/quote']

I'm one of those nerds who decided to buy a new computer for this game. Not solely because of it's improved abilities but because I need a comp to fill up with multiple installs and a retarded amount of mods for this game. Those guys who spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours on Oblivion or Morrowind sympathize with me I'm sure O.o

oh well' date=' my laptop is nothing against your warmachines guys, my laptop has just 2gb ram barely and 150 GB of HD space, i don't even know if i could play skyrim properly, would have to buy a ton of dvds to burn 50 GB of oblivion mods n.nU, or a portable HD

[/quote']

If you for some reason still need help changing a windows password, picture, and name is just under control panel -> user accounts and family safety -> user accounts

Agreed.

I'm not buying skyrim until there is a "Lovers" package for it.

I use that is a baseline timestamp because if xLovers is out for it, there's bound to be "DMRA" and "SPB-Heavy" bodymods for it as well.

:D

Personally, I'm okay with vanilla. I played vanilla Oblivion for a while before I even realized there were awesome mods for the game. That said, I can see myself playing vanilla Skyrim, too.

But what's holding me back from getting Skyrim right now is that I know there will be some GoTY or Complete Edition in the future that will contain all DLCs and expansions for the game for the same retail price were I to buy it now, thus saving money. Besides, I have a ton of other games to keep me busy at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally' date=' I'm okay with vanilla. I played vanilla Oblivion for a while before I even realized there were awesome mods for the game. That said, I can see myself playing vanilla Skyrim, too.

But what's holding me back from getting Skyrim right now is that I know there will be some GoTY or Complete Edition in the future that will contain all DLCs and expansions for the game for the same retail price were I to buy it now, thus saving money. Besides, I have a ton of other games to keep me busy at the moment.

[/quote']

I take a similar view of this. But in my case it's a bit different. Skyrim is lying on my desk since Christmas. I hesitate to install it because I fear that when I just begin to play I will never finish my Oblivion project if Skyrim is too fascinating. I don't want to quit the project completely because I'm working on it for years. Anyway, I will play Skyrim but maybe later.

• 1 month later...

Archived