Feline Skins 2.0

View File

A set of HD, Maxis-adjacent, WickedWhims-compatible skins and overlays for all your khajiit, cathar, tabaxi, broadway musical, and other cat people needs. Featuring an abundance of colors and patterns, a hand-painted fur texture that minimizes seams as much as possible, and a design that should work with a variety of face shapes and body types and still scan as feline. The skintones are uploaded in a modular format categorized by pattern type for file size reasons (the screenshots are divided up the same way so refer to them to see what's in each package).

The skins are available in two versions:

versions.thumb.png.2751cd62a85427c60f2e0b37c8b0229a.png

• The Feline Anatomy version (files with FA in the name) is intended for use with my custom body parts for cat people (paw feet can be found here, feline penis can be found here, both require Wicked Whims) and may have new coats and markings added in the future. It's still a work in progress as I'm gradually updating each module for it.
  • The Human Anatomy version (files with HA in the name) is designed to fit the vanilla body and default WW parts. They're semi-retired and won't be receiving further additions, but I will continue to maintain them if they're broken by a future game patch as long as no significant overhauls are required.
  • The two versions aren't compatible with each other, install only one at a time (you can mix and match the modules if you want, but you can't have the HA and FA versions of the same module at the same time).

Both versions are compatible with the previous version of SimpleGens, but not the latest version, as the UV was changed significantly.

The markings:
To maximize variety while still preserving my sanity, all white markings are in the form of overlay tattoos that can be mixed and matched between chest, face, and each individual limb to create a massive number of unique individual cats.

Recommended Addons:

I’ve made a variety of other stuff for cat people that’s meant to augment the skins; while none of it’s required, it’s all designed to work together and a lot of it is used in the screenshots.

Recommended but not created by me:

• Bite Me Fangs by WildlyMiniatureSandwich (adds all vampire teeth for more occults and life stages, including one that works very well for cat people)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 1:08 AM, DownGoesFrazier23 said:

For the package file called "EachUisge_FelineSkins_AllinOne" does that include all the skins listed bellow it? Also same thing for the cat marking tattoos. 

Yes, the all-in-one file contains every skin that currently exists; I update it when I add new ones so if you want every skin that's the only file you need. The marking tattoos though do have to be downloaded separately. I should probably rename that package because I haven't uploaded the individual marking tattoos sepatately anywhere.

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, briardeer said:

These are great! Could you try making Lykoi skins some time?

Probably not, sorry. The gene that gives Lykoi cats their appearance is also responsible for severe skin issues that cause a lot of pain/discomfort and develop as they age, and I'm pretty strongly against breeding more of them or giving them more positive publicity. I almost didn't include a white tiger skin for the same reasons, but ended up going with it since it doesn't have any inherently harmful qualities when it shows up from a random mutation instead of inbreeding (and also because I'd never hear the end of it if I left it out).

On 2/20/2023 at 4:54 PM, EachUisge said:

Probably not, sorry. The gene that gives Lykoi cats their appearance is also responsible for severe skin issues that cause a lot of pain/discomfort and develop as they age, and I'm pretty strongly against breeding more of them or giving them more positive publicity. I almost didn't include a white tiger skin for the same reasons, but ended up going with it since it doesn't have any inherently harmful qualities when it shows up from a random mutation instead of inbreeding (and also because I'd never hear the end of it if I left it out).

Oh sorry I had no idea about that. Thanks for the response!

• 4 months later...

You've done really great work with this, though, if I could make a suggestion for the next update to this (and possibly some of the other bits and pieces cause I know some things are tagged not sure if others aren't) - could you tag them for Aliens as well? Lunatic I am, I've manually gone through to add the tag to the skins in the 'all-in-one' since I kinda wanted alien cat people who disguise themselves as human and all, and I couldn't do a batch fix on them, but you could probably do it faster and more accurately (cause I feel like I may have missed some).

Also, out of curiosity - any chance if you ever finish cats or something doing other ones like K9, or whatever else?

9 hours ago, BMovieSimmer said:

You've done really great work with this, though, if I could make a suggestion for the next update to this (and possibly some of the other bits and pieces cause I know some things are tagged not sure if others aren't) - could you tag them for Aliens as well? Lunatic I am, I've manually gone through to add the tag to the skins in the 'all-in-one' since I kinda wanted alien cat people who disguise themselves as human and all, and I couldn't do a batch fix on them, but you could probably do it faster and more accurately (cause I feel like I may have missed some).

Also, out of curiosity - any chance if you ever finish cats or something doing other ones like K9, or whatever else?

Ah, yeah I didn't realize they weren't tagged for aliens, my mistake! I'll add that next update (I'm also discontinuing the all in one package in favor of modular so I won't be limited by file sizes anymore and updating will be generally easier/less tedious for me).

As for other skins in the future, I don't have plans for canine or similar right now because most animals just don't translate easily into a humanoid face shape the way cats do. anything with a longer muzzle/larger nose like a dog tends to look very uncanny valley and awkward when you try to fit it on a human face, so the only way I could see doing that is if I make an accompanying furry mod addon or something in the future. Which I won't completely count out as a possibility, but I have quite a few other projects I'm more interested in working on right now (my interest is really more on the fantasy/scifi side of things than furry, as a rule).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 3:59 PM, EachUisge said:

Ah, yeah I didn't realize they weren't tagged for aliens, my mistake! I'll add that next update (I'm also discontinuing the all in one package in favor of modular so I won't be limited by file sizes anymore and updating will be generally easier/less tedious for me).

As for other skins in the future, I don't have plans for canine or similar right now because most animals just don't translate easily into a humanoid face shape the way cats do. anything with a longer muzzle/larger nose like a dog tends to look very uncanny valley and awkward when you try to fit it on a human face, so the only way I could see doing that is if I make an accompanying furry mod addon or something in the future. Which I won't completely count out as a possibility, but I have quite a few other projects I'm more interested in working on right now (my interest is really more on the fantasy/scifi side of things than furry, as a rule).

I mean - I'm the only one who's noticed it and said anything in how long so not like it was some critical thing.

And fair enough - my bend is really more fantasy/sci-fi as well, when I was typing I had some idea that made more sense, my mind went blank, and so had to default to the first thing that came to mind. Though in theory now that I think of it I suppose you could do somewhat more 'hybrid' (when your done stuff your actually interested in/want to do) either as skins/tattoos particularly for the ones that would be uncanny valley otherwise like as if an alien went 'I wanna cross this human thing with this lizard thing' and while the body overall is human, with most of the face and some percent of say the front, hands, and feet are all still normal human skin but the rest is say scale covered or even in patterns (where a tattoo version is likely better so for whatever creatures you can adjust how much/what pieces/what that pattern on the body of scale/fur/whatever is similar to what I've seen of the furry mod) which more or less knocks out that 'uncanny valley' issue. Not sure if that descriptions makes sense, but can always take a picture of what I use occasionally when making a succubus (where I did a crap job editing mermaid stuff) that may be clearer as to what I mean. Or well, now that I think of it like the base EA mermaid tops that only cover some areas with scale but just whatever other animals scale/fur/etc instead.

And sorry if it's kinda rambly cause all that hit me while I typed. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm trying again to make acceptable furry sims and this looks promising - could you point me to where the base skin appearances should be found?  I can only find the white-pattern tattoos so far.  Thanks!

Edit: Of course I found it as soon as I posted - they're under skin tones for anyone else who's wondering!

Edited by infernalperson
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, JKash said:

Whats the difference between the feline anatomy ones and the regular ones?

The feline anatomy version is designed to fit the cat people body parts I've made (paw feet here and penis here) while the regular/human anatomy version fits the vanilla sim body/default WW parts. both versions also fit the previous version of Simplegens by Simdulgence, but not the new version that's coming out, since the UV on them was changed quite a bit.

The feline anatomy version also has a few cosmetic changes (more consistent countershading on the bengals/some color adjustments like a warmer white that looks brighter/more natural as markings) that won't necessarily be rolled out to the human version, since I'm semi retiring it and won't be adding most future updates or new skins to it.

Edited by EachUisge
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, CardinalBirb said:

I can't seem to find the all in one package. Also, do the feline anatomy files work with Berni's parts? or should I use the normal anatomy files?

The all in one file actually no longer exists because the file with all the skins combined became too large to upload with my internet quality, so it's modular only now. I've updated the description to reflect that, and also added an explanation of the difference between the two versions.

I've never used Bernie's parts so I have no idea whether either version of the skins would be compatible, the feline version is specifically designed for custom feline body parts that I've made and the human version fits the vanilla and default WW parts. Anything else just depends on how other creators lay out their UVs and I can't account for that.

6 hours ago, EachUisge said:

The all in one file actually no longer exists because the file with all the skins combined became too large to upload with my internet quality, so it's modular only now. I've updated the description to reflect that, and also added an explanation of the difference between the two versions.

I've never used Bernie's parts so I have no idea whether either version of the skins would be compatible, the feline version is specifically designed for custom feline body parts that I've made and the human version fits the vanilla and default WW parts. Anything else just depends on how other creators lay out their UVs and I can't account for that.

thank you for the thorough answer! best of luck

16 minutes ago, CardinalBirb said:

Is ti possible to download both versions? Or should I stick to only one? And if I do download both versions, will the CAS selectors have an indicator over which are the HA and which are FA versions? or do I just click and check?

They aren't compatible with each other so you can only use one at a time, sorry.

• 2 months later...

Hi there! Just downloading this and I've noticed there doesn't seem to be the FA version of the bengal pack in the file list? Am I missing something really obvious? Thank you for your work on these skins, they're really lovely. Your CC is exactly what I was looking for.

4 hours ago, Innitaris said:

Hi there! Just downloading this and I've noticed there doesn't seem to be the FA version of the bengal pack in the file list? Am I missing something really obvious? Thank you for your work on these skins, they're really lovely. Your CC is exactly what I was looking for.

Looks like I just missed it while re-uploading all the files for the last update, thanks for letting me know! I've added it.