• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I took a look into modding this game by using Unity Asset Bundle Extractor to replace The Lamb's texture as a test but that doesn't do anything... until I realised that any texture edits to "resources.assets" does nothing and I have to replace the .BUNDLE files instead within the "StreamingAssets > aa > StandaloneWindows64" folders.

Problem is that the 2.2 version of UABE can't read .BUNDLE files and trying to replace the game's textures with 3.0 version of UABE crashes the program.

UABE also hasn't been updated for over a year so any hopes of making lewd edits to The Lamb or NPCs isn't looking bright.

• 4 weeks later...

On 8/5/2023 at 3:55 AM, Catnatic said:

Problem is that the 2.2 version of UABE can't read .BUNDLE files and trying to replace the game's textures with 3.0 version of UABE crashes the program.

Could something like this be pre-bundled into a mod? I have no experience with making mods but it seems like it might circumvent doing anything to the original game files... If anyone thinks it's not a complete waste of time I'll take a look at whatever monkey business I can do. If I recall correctly Stardew Valley uses similar methods, so there should be a base of people experienced there I can bother.

image.png.b3eb3a69646c39f9baaa84c47d695131.png