Trouble in Mirroring the Object

Ok then.

Wolfkrone armor is an armor wore by my favorite character in SC IV; Hildegard von Krone.

So my project right now is perfecting the mod released by oblivionheaven.

The armor is one-piece armor.

My "specialty" in modding comunity is to separate the armor into parts. 

It became a hobby. 

& so, there are few things to do in perfecting the mod.

There this issue when in pose mode:

fingers.jpg

The gloves & the cestus are streched when my character's wearing gauntlets.

Is there anything I can do to fix them?

Thanks.

In PS3 game, the cestus looks perfect like this:

cestus.jpg

The original gauntlet from oblivionheaven appears like this:

cestus2.jpg

So, is it possible if I re-paint the original gauntlet from oblivionheaven 

& make the cestus follows the finger's movement like in PS3 game picture?

Just google it. Here's a few.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/14325

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Weight_Paint

Painting things manually is a royal pain most times, especially if the 'things' are the fingers. Use BWC script in this case. Just make sure that vertex weights won't bleed over other fingers - Thumb bone for the thumb and only the thumb, forefinger bone for the forefinger and only the forefinger, etc. Probably the gauntlets mentioned above has this problem.

You can check weightpainted value *roughly* by entering the weightpaint mode (Shift+Tab) you should be able to see if a certain vertex group is bleeding into unwanted area. Then select the 'unwanted' area in edit mode and click the 'remove' button to remove those vertices from the vertex group.

Ok, thanks for the links.

I'll see what I can do to finish my work (can't wait to share the mod with others in this community).

I googled to search the tutorials, but didn't found the informations I need.

I tried to follow the video in youtube, but the information for me is still hard to follow.

I believe those tutorials have enough information you need to weightpaint things.

Well, what exactly do you need?

'how to use BWC script' or something?

If so, it's simple. Import the source object if you need, or just use naked body hand+wrist, and delete all the vertex groups in the target object. Select those two and run bone weight copy script. Easy, isn't it.

I knew how to use BWC script from Saaya's BBB weighting tutorials.

I also had Coronerra's better BB weighting tutorials, but still stuck in some steps. So I haven't take time to follow his tutorials again.

Yes, I copied bone weight from naked hand+wrist to the gloves & get a better result.

But when I copy bone weight from naked hand+wrist to every finger plate, the result still like in the picture shown before.

Maybe if I join all the finger plates into one mesh will give me a different result, no?

If no, I think I have to weightpaint the fingers one-by-one... *sigh

Right now I'm fixing the normal maps from the original mods.

Hate to see the glossy clothes & dove metal surface..

Oh...if you see the picture in post #10, I'm having trouble with the 2 red chords & the 2 gold metals hangs in front of the breastplate.

The shape of the red chords & gold metals change when in pose mod / even when your character is walking, running.

& I think it's because of the NiNode Bip01 Spine, Spine1, Spine2 copied to them when in Blender.

So how can I make the 2 chords & metals stay put in front the breastplate & not follow other body parts movement?

• 3 weeks later...

Heya, movomo...

Thanks a lot!

I fixed the 'stretched chord' problem.

I unassign the bottom tip vertice of the chord by removing Bip01 Spine & Bip01 Spine1 from vertex group.

& now I got the result I wanted. :cool:

Just curious - too bad the chord cannot move when the wind blows.. :P

Maybe in Skyrim can?

No problem, friend.

I'm just thinking when I play another game and see the chord & cape moving bcos of the wind:

"Can we do that in Oblivion? There must be a way to do it. Maybe we just don't know it yet.

B'cos we're not the game-developers!" :lol:

Take a look to these vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHwZqqtZTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jOsipsuSHE&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLFD690217BBECE3B3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7BmuvjMnm8&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLFD690217BBECE3B3

I don't know what that game is. But it's cool to see the ponytail, cape & skirt moving.

just an add on for what Movomo said  for the gauntlets weight paint you can assign vertex group or you do it by separeting the fingers faces put it in an other layer weight paint then joining objects and remove doubles (like this no mixing fingers weight paint).

to add havok (maybe i did it wrong but i did not succed) or it is the game engine that does not take it       I can see only 2 ways to add wind effect  :   - an animation effect on file.nif streching (constant effect)   /or/  adding a script effect  file.kf and adding suplementary bones (those bones must be added to the skeleton also)      exemple the lich cloth(this is more what you want).

-second  to weight paint the 'chord' or other things with the existed bones to make a movement while running like tight l & r or op (less complicated but the effect is only for moving)  exemple the bbb effect.

Thanks, kingkong...

Growlf's tutorial in deutch language gives me trouble to understand his tutorials about weight painting. 

So I still don't take time to do the project for the gauntlets. Hopefully soon...

About havok, yes, I read in nexus forums that some people say that the problem is in oblivion game engine.

I don't know if that's true or not...

Btw, I added the flag on the spear. But the spear looks like scythe, cos the flag doesn't move.

So maybe the spear in my mod will be shared without the flag. *hiks

Is it also about adding havok to the flag to make the a movement?

Is there a way to make the flag that hangs on the spear follow the gravitation?

& can you give me the link for the lich cloth? Can't find the mod on nexus.

Thanks.

if you have no lich in you data/meshes/creatures/lich   than you extract it from the oblivion.bsa  i can pm you the creature if you need you will have to learn to do files.kf (animations) 

i advice to finish first your armor and be satisfyed with this before attaking another big problem

first finish your first object  and get encouragement for a good job.

then go to details effects to try and make more as information is not an easy thing to get and some time even harder to learn as for what you want to do you will have to understand the skeleton  than you will have to learn animations and with this you will have to know to use 'construction set' and scripting to add your animations effect to the armor in game while wearing it. step by step and everything become easy

for the flag effect i have found this tutorial http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Physics/Cloth

(i have never try this one and i do not know if it works in oblivion)

or you can use static animated mesh

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10838-guide-blender-nifskope/ (post *15)

I can unpack the lich mesh using bsa commander. So you don't need to pm me. Thanks

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, I understand. But modding can be very frustrating.

& When you need the informations/tutorials, sometimes you don't get them directly even after you googled.

So sometimes I choose to do the easiest one first.

Ok then. I'll continue my work. Thanks a lot :)

• 2 weeks later...

My work so far:

Apply-in-game3.jpg

I created the models (2 additional plates & pauldrons) in Blender. *phew

& so now the armor looks so alike with the real character in soul calibur IV game:

hilde-sc4-spec.jpg

3 things to do:

1. Fix the visor textures with healing brush in photoshop.

2. Re-paint the finger armor in blender.

3. Create the flag with havok (if possible)

Ganbate!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello...am just looking for another advise.

There's clipping issue for my pauldrons.

Oblivion2013-10-1710-41-59-99.png

The vertex groups are:

Bip01 R UpperArm Twist

Bip01 R UpperArm

Bip01 R Clavicle

Bip01 L UpperArm Twist

Bip01 L UpperArm

Bip01 L Clavicle

What vertex group should I copy from another mesh to avoid that clipping issue?

Thanks.

Really they are weighted for the upperamrtwist group? Cause the clipping part in the picture is exactly the upperarmtwist.

Too low number of vertices could be the problem. Try subdividing, or subsurfing it on the clipping region and copy again.

If this fails, adjust the object's location or scale them up to avoid clipping.

normally the bone copy weight will give the pauldron the movement to avoid cliping       But sometimes it create streching in some points like plastic effect     that you need to recalibred by looking in 'weight peint' mod and put more or less peint importance to vertices from blue 0 weight no effect to red 1 weight full effect.      generaly this is a fun point as you need to export and see in game if it is correct or not     and using and testing the best weight peint in blender till it is the way you wanted it.

untill now it seems a very nice work you have done.

Yes...I'm having a very bad time in following Growlf's weight paint tutorials. It's in German/Deutsch language.

I did translate the tutorials using machine translation from German > English.

But you know......the English language in some paragraph mixed with German. :wacko:

Right now I'm trying my best to understand that translation.

Oh I remember there's a site that teach how to fix clipping issue using NifSkope.

I think it's teseyecandy.co.uk....

But looks like the site is closed down. Sad.

If you know some links to similiar tutorials, please let me know. I'll see what I can do to fix clipping issue using NifSkope.

i have downloaded some tutorials from LL, nexus, and Blender.org   and it was like mars language   had chance in the begging but figuring out how it works came by itself  it is hard to explain as each clipping issu has different solutions.

All i can do is to advice you to read again all the post in your topic

Or  PM me the file that has cliping issu (no need textures) and i will explain to you after what i have done exactly like this you can do it again by yourself.

sorry i can not be more explicite from what was written before.

Archived