So Let Me Get This Straight..

Personally could respect the decision just wish were offered some options for more convince like either options to have auto postpuberty traits assigned to teen or just have them being postpuberty all together in settings and getting rid of the trait, understand the reason but honestly the implementation is just frustrating I think. Not to say some hic ups with post puberty trait resetting or breaking occasionally needed to be removed and re-added to fix things.

Guess in other words just don't understand why not just have it be postpuberty all together, what is the purpose of prepuberty teens with a sex mod outside of pedophilia? Instead of all these hops of making the postpuberty trait and stuff?

Edited by Khaine2000DK

On the matter of the post, i would like to ask, does the Inappropriate Unlock still works? 
Tried installing it, enabling the options and, saddly, as for the 1.90.375.1020 apparently isn't working for me, saddly.
Anyone else know if it's a "my" problem or does the options stopped working on the latest WW releases?

3 hours ago, FuzzyDuck said:

On the matter of the post, i would like to ask, does the Inappropriate Unlock still works? 
Tried installing it, enabling the options and, saddly, as for the 1.90.375.1020 apparently isn't working for me, saddly.
Anyone else know if it's a "my" problem or does the options stopped working on the latest WW releases?

Far that I can tell you need to manually add post puberty to every teen you want affected, hence I don't get why not just label teen postpuberty in settings all together then this work around, to me makes no sense why using wickedwhims there need to be any pre puberty teens which postpuberty existence suggest there must be.

4 hours ago, FuzzyDuck said:

It works, though you have to also apply the settings mentioned by the others here. There's a few loops to jump through, but it does work!

5 hours ago, Khaine2000DK said:

Guess in other words just don't understand why not just have it be postpuberty all together, what is the purpose of prepuberty teens with a sex mod outside of pedophilia? Instead of all these hops of making the postpuberty trait and stuff?

The idea is that the High School pack is all about puberty (pimples, discovering your sexual preferences, getting hair in inconvenient places etc). Thus, the mod ads a "post puberty" trait for those who have played through all that and just want to get on with it. 

I'm swedish... In sweden you start high school at the age of 16... you are legally allowed to have sex with whom ever you want from the age of 15. 

Now drop that bible and fix this mod, my game is ruined! My 18-ish teen with two kids can't have sex with her boyfriend anymore.... yeah... maybe she shouldn't when she already got two kids at that young age... but its her choice!

10 hours ago, Bigbadgorilla said:

I'm swedish... In sweden you start high school at the age of 16... you are legally allowed to have sex with whom ever you want from the age of 15. 

I'm Norwegian, and 'videregående skole' covers 15-18 here too. The problem is that the High School pack is very centered on American high school, which is 13 to 18, in a country where lower sex limit is 18. EA is an American company, mainly catering to American customers, subject to American laws and sensibility, and the same goes for Patreon. We somewhat more relaxed Scandinavians usually shake our head, but the Sims is a part of the American cultural imperialism as much as Disney is, there's very little we outsiders can do about it.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:29 PM, MsVixen9 said:

“What happens is that some suggestions have people against adding them and then I become the person that decides what is right and what is wrong,” Turbodriver said. “I have to approve of your sexual fantasies.” It’s a heavy role, though Turbodriver takes it in stride.

I........

no.

No, just..... no.

TD is talking about censoring a sex mod.

About kink-shaming and just regular shaming people.

For the kind of fictional sex they like.

Let that sink in.

For

fictional

sex.

TD, please, step down.

20 minutes ago, LavenderCat said:

I........

no.

No, just..... no.

Let that sink in.

For

fictional

sex.

TD, please, step down.

You are already in your environment where you can play any fiction you want with your DD mod and community, can you just stop asking others creators to do something they explicitly explained and said why they will not?

The only times your fiction is attacked is when you attack others that want to avoid it. So maybe… just stop and do your thing in the shadows as u used to. No one care about the fiction or mods you used unless you publicly share it and shove into other’s faces on every fucking thread about WW.

I have yet to witness anything pre-pubescent in the High-school pack, none of my Sims had an Acne outbreak yet (probably a bug with Basemental, according to the patch notes?) and I found it very realistic so far that teenagers have sex, based on the assumption they're between 15-19 or so, not 13. The adult/teen sex is another thing, I used to limit that in the WW options, and as for Acne, I think many of us know that it continues much further into adulthood and sometimes even starts only in the late teens.
All that said, the Post Puberty trait is all the solution I need, I'm perfectly fine and actually want to play my "fresh teens" without having sex and then decide at some point that they're old enough for their first time, simply realism.
What I initially had an issue with was that the trait alone doesn't work but you need an unlock mod too to re-enable sex, and Turbo wasn't telling us where to find it, so I expected having to search on sites I really don't want to visit and basically visit communities that tolerate/encourage CP, that's a big oof and no-no.
As long as the unlock mod is available here I'm fine with the author's personal decision, everyone has their own subjective view on what's too uncomfortable, and it highly depends on each player's personal play style and imagination - I have teen Sims that I consider clearly too young, just aged up from childhood, and they will stay away from adult stuff for quite a while because in my imagination they're still children until having been at high school for a while - but this is just me, and as an author I might be worried that this personal limit of mine is another player's kink, which would make me uncomfortable too.
Personally I believe the solution is just the post puberty trait, it should unlock the rest, but as long as I'm not forced into the dark web for for unlocking my 18yr-olds I'm fine with the current solution too.

5 hours ago, LavenderCat said:

I........

no.

No, just..... no.

Let that sink in.

For

fictional

sex.

TD, please, step down.

What kink, exactly, is being shamed?

Let's say you're forced to do something you don't want to do and don't feel comfortable doing, then make it publicly available for everyone to see.  Let that sink in.

Fictional or not, it doesn't matter if a mod author doesn't feel comfortable with it, or just simply doesn't want to include it.  No one has the right to try and force them to include it.

Lastly, you asking a -mod author- to step down... from their mod... Reality check, this isn't a company, or some kind of office.   This reeks of entitlement, so I will simply say what I've always said.   If you don't like the direction a mod author takes with their mod, make your own.   Compete with the direction or content you feel is 'better'.  It's a much more constructive use of time and it's a better voice against things you disagree with.

On 8/13/2022 at 4:26 AM, SticksStackStuck said:

I'm Norwegian, and 'videregående skole' covers 15-18 here too. The problem is that the High School pack is very centered on American high school, which is 13 to 18, in a country where lower sex limit is 18. EA is an American company, mainly catering to American customers, subject to American laws and sensibility, and the same goes for Patreon. We somewhat more relaxed Scandinavians usually shake our head, but the Sims is a part of the American cultural imperialism as much as Disney is, there's very little we outsiders can do about it.

High school in the US is not 13 to 18. It is 15 to 18.  Middle School in the US is 12 to 14. High School Years clearly covers High School. High school students in the US are not prepubescent.
Generally, the age of consent in the US is 16.

11 hours ago, vlarf said:

What kink, exactly, is being shamed?

Let's say you're forced to do something you don't want to do and don't feel comfortable doing, then make it publicly available for everyone to see.  Let that sink in.

Fictional or not, it doesn't matter if a mod author doesn't feel comfortable with it, or just simply doesn't want to include it.  No one has the right to try and force them to include it.

Lastly, you asking a -mod author- to step down... from their mod... Reality check, this isn't a company, or some kind of office.   This reeks of entitlement, so I will simply say what I've always said.   If you don't like the direction a mod author takes with their mod, make your own.   Compete with the direction or content you feel is 'better'.  It's a much more constructive use of time and it's a better voice against things you disagree with.

The whole article reeks of entitlement from TD.

TD's making a lot of money and sees modding as their full-time job when it should be a hobby.

I'm telling TD to step off their high horse.

CN already includes a lot of things he, personally, doesn't like in his mod (excluding Children. DD has nothing to do with children and I don't know why people keep saying it does when it doesn't but I digress.) but is including them because it's a public mod and he wants people to use it.

This fact is probably why he split it up into modules that can be removed or added: So people who like pet play but not vore can enjoy pet play but actively avoid any vore content.

TD shouldn't judge me for what I do or what kinks I have in a fictional setting, to do so is a round-about way of judging my morals and making me feel like an outsider in a otherwise great community.

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear. I'm not sure how else to convey my feelings on the matter.

I am trying to give TD the benefit of the doubt, but the more I learn about their character the less I like them as a person and the less I want to support them.

"The whole article reeks of entitlement from TD.

TD's making a lot of money and sees modding as their full-time job when it should be a hobby"

Entitlement is telling modders what modding should mean to them. Telling them how to act when it comes to their own mod. Pot, kettle.

"I am trying to give TD the benefit of the doubt"

I don't think so. You keep portraying this as TD's attempt to force a morality on you, when it should be obvious the decision was made because some fear crept in regarding the EA update. You don't have to agree with it, but seeing as you can easily circumvent it with the patch or switch over entirely to DD,  attacking him over it is a waste of energy - in addition to being against LL rules in the first place. The same goes for insisting he should include types of content that he doesn't because 'the public' wants it. If the public wants it they can make their own mod, put some of that energy to good use instead.

2 hours ago, LavenderCat said:

The whole article reeks of entitlement from TD.

TD's making a lot of money and sees modding as their full-time job when it should be a hobby.

I'm telling TD to step off their high horse.

CN already includes a lot of things he, personally, doesn't like in his mod (excluding Children. DD has nothing to do with children and I don't know why people keep saying it does when it doesn't but I digress.) but is including them because it's a public mod and he wants people to use it.

This fact is probably why he split it up into modules that can be removed or added: So people who like pet play but not vore can enjoy pet play but actively avoid any vore content.

TD shouldn't judge me for what I do or what kinks I have in a fictional setting, to do so is a round-about way of judging my morals and making me feel like an outsider in a otherwise great community.

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear. I'm not sure how else to convey my feelings on the matter.

I am trying to give TD the benefit of the doubt, but the more I learn about their character the less I like them as a person and the less I want to support them.

Why not?  If people are willing to pay money for a mod author to work on a mod, that's entirely their choice, no one is forcing anyone to pay.  You don't get to decide what modding should and shouldn't be for someone else.  Nor can a modder tell you what you can and can't have in your game, they just make a choice if they want something in THEIR mod.

Why even mention CN?  How does CN or their mods have anything to do with any of this?  It still doesn't change the fact you can't force an author to include content they don't want to, and if DD is a better fit for you, use it.  No one is forcing you to use any mod.

Don't take this the wrong way, unless someone calls you out by name and states they are judging you or calling out your morals, you're likely imagining things.  It's a common trait of narcissism to assume anything someone says is somehow directed at you unless stated or directly implied.  Just because they state they have to decide what goes into their mod, doesn't mean in any way, shape, or form, that they are targeting you specifically.

No one is forcing you to use WW or DD.  No one is telling you what you can or can't have in your game.  In fact I highly doubt anyone even cares what you(or anyone for that matter) does in their own game.  It's your game.  Just like the mod.  It's their mod.

At the end of the day it's all about risk.  Adult modding comes with it's own set of risks, and the author is the only person that gets to decide which risks they are willing to take.  One bad article getting blown up in the media, EA catching wind of it and deciding it's a bad look for them.  Who do they go after?  All the people using the mod, or the person who's name is attached to the mod?

Jesus guys stop creating these topics about teens fucking adults, it's disgusting. If Turbodriver don't want it in his mod then accept it, it's his mod and he can't do whatever he wants. I'm really thankful for his work WhickedWhims is huge and one of the best mods ever existed for TS4

4 hours ago, vlarf said:

Nor can a modder tell you what you can and can't have in your game, they just make a choice if they want something in THEIR mod.

4 hours ago, vlarf said:

No one is telling you what you can or can't have in your game.  In fact I highly doubt anyone even cares what you(or anyone for that matter) does in their own game.  It's your game. 

Turbodriver, NisaK, Deaderpool, and Basemental do care what people have in their games.

TD and DP in particular.

TD admitted to putting malicious code into their mod to fuck with other mods.

TD, for whatever reason, cares a lot about what other mods people have in their game.

Also, their malicious code didn't just target CN, it also targeted a pregnancy mod, romance overhaul, and other things that had nothing to do with CN.

It's a well-known fact that having any mod that TD disapproves of gets you insta-banned from their discord server.
Meanwhile, CN only just recently stopped offering help with trouble shooting problems that result from MCCC and WW. He's still not going to ban you for having them, he's just not going to help because they're not his mods.

And I do mean recently, like, maybe three days ago.

Once TD steps off their high horse and dictating what mods I can and can't have in my game, I'll have a bit more respect for them.

6 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

"The whole article reeks of entitlement from TD.

TD's making a lot of money and sees modding as their full-time job when it should be a hobby"

Entitlement is telling modders what modding should mean to them. Telling them how to act when it comes to their own mod. Pot, kettle.

"I am trying to give TD the benefit of the doubt"

I don't think so. You keep portraying this as TD's attempt to force a morality on you, when it should be obvious the decision was made because some fear crept in regarding the EA update. You don't have to agree with it, but seeing as you can easily circumvent it with the patch or switch over entirely to DD,  attacking him over it is a waste of energy - in addition to being against LL rules in the first place. The same goes for insisting he should include types of content that he doesn't because 'the public' wants it. If the public wants it they can make their own mod, put some of that energy to good use instead.

I actually am trying to give TD the benefit of the doubt.

I just don't get why they always feel the need to take the moral high ground or why they see modifying games as a job.

I get that that sounds harsh, but modding is also a highly unreliable income source.

One minute you're on top of the world and everyone loves your mod, then they find out you did something three years ago that they don't like and suddenly you've lost 10% of your income.

When we are talking large numbers (like the $4,000 mentioned in the article) 10% is a lot.

That's not even taking into account people who subscribe/become patreons and then demand refunds because they want to scam you.

Relying on the masses to make your living is a very bad idea because it's an unstable source of cash. That's why I think it should stay a hobby, so that a person's livelyhood isn't based off the whims of random strangers all over the world.

If you can commend CN for admitting to past child sex modules and copy infraction, you can easily forgive TD for what he did too, especially because he was affected by those. So were we, for that matter. Again, you don't need to make it about that conflict, the point of the thread is the teen update. That drama has nothing to do with it, or LL - we're well fed up with it. What happens on other sites and people's discords is none of our concern.

It's rather easy to see modding as a job when you are in fact one of the few for who it can be their job. Taking a risk like that isn't for everybody, but I don't believe you disagree with TD's choice out of some concern over their wellbeing. You grasp at every possible excuse to attack, whether it's the money, the 'malware', the idea that the update is only 'moralising', the idea TD's obliged to meet public demand, or even his coding style.

We're fine with DD existing out there, but propping up CN at the expense of attacking TD needs to stop; on LL TD has the same protection as our other modders. I've mentioned our rule 1 several times in the other threads - you can't have missed it - and we take it seriously. To that end, we're putting this to rest, and hope people have the good sense not to resurrect it.