The new Wicked Whims update appears to break saving

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-day-time-resets-back-after-every-load/td-p/11676785

It appears that Wicked Whims is causing save bugs. It is reported to be causing these issues in this EA Support thread.

The issue appears to be that when saving and loading, or just going into CAS, the game will go back to a previous state, with some moodlets (and nude characters) remaining. Some characters may just reset back to a starting position. Some may just go back to an hour ago, some an entire day. Some may appear to be in a rabbit hole despite being playable. I had this myself, and it appears that removing wicked whims fixes this issue. Considering I still have the animations in there and things are normal, this is a WW specific bug, and it doesn't seem like TURBODRIVER is aware of this.

I'm posting it here to let others who may be dealing with this know. If you have any contact with TB (discord, email, twitter, etc) please let him know.

"Just wanted to add that I don't think WW is to blame because console players are having this issue too, and they can't use WW."

"By now I can confirm that the "adult mod" isnt causing the issue... As I stated in my last post, I am currently playing with HSY deactivated via command line in Origin... My current Sim had some fun with that mod, next morning I once again saved,using a new save file, then went into CAS, changed one Sims appearance, returned to the lot, and the time is exactly where (or better: WHEN) it has to be!"

So I do not think WW is the main cause, all the BS bugs of the last update are just compounding everything.
Edited by twmuse
more info
5 minutes ago, twmuse said:

Agreed strongly on this...with and without mods the sims 4 is just extremely buggy right now. How much longer till its fixed...sigh 

19 hours ago, twmuse said:
So I do not think WW is the main cause, all the BS bugs of the last update are just compounding everything.

19 hours ago, ykbackup said:

Agreed strongly on this...with and without mods the sims 4 is just extremely buggy right now. How much longer till its fixed...sigh 

I see where you both are coming from, but Wicked Whims does seem to have an effect on the bug, where removing may be a fix, temporarily or permanently. I still feel like this is worth bringing up.

2 hours ago, kingmiami said:

I see where you both are coming from, but Wicked Whims does seem to have an effect on the bug, where removing may be a fix, temporarily or permanently. I still feel like this is worth bringing up.

Yes i agree. I removed all mods from my game, and I don't use many mods anyway. Then it worked again and the first mod I put back into the game was WW, and the save bug was back.  At first I thought it showed up when Sims were naked. But I just tested it when they weren't naked and the bug was still there. It is also suspected that when the Sims have had sex it will occur. Saving the game manually has helped me now, but it's annoying.

Edited by xRina89x
2 hours ago, kingmiami said:

I have tried a full clean install of WW (All Folders and files) and a repair with no mods...so far no issues, but I will keep testing. After this EA debacle of a patch, I am starting to think that it is messing things up as you play along.

2 hours ago, mrinku said:

I had my front door disappear, and it's not letting me add a new one.

I'll try a clean new save. It's highly likely old saves are not going to work properly.

It's a basemental drug bug. You have to update it, I think.

Well I got to play no issues, for around 5 hours (not including aging bug, left that on normal and switched off for all sims), in and out of CAS a few times, travelled, etc. etc.

Just for testing with WW only.

First, had ALL mods removed when EA update was applied on the 26th.

Trashed avatarcache.package and localthumbcache.package

Trashed entire WW folder that was in the Saves folder

Removed mod folder

Repaired all via origin

Replaced mod folder

Odd, on resume of saved game, all WW settings were still intact.

Played all afternoon without any resetting or relationship losses.

Not to say tomorrow all may go back to doom, but it was nice to be playing for a bit without any issues.

Well back to what I was saying...the new WW update completely ruined my game. It keeps taking me back to the same date and time. Already tested it and WW is what keeps doing it. Time and days repeat, over, and over again. After loading the game completely and leaving CAS. It's same Monday, with the same event in two days at the same time... I have a headache.

So Is It a problem from the base game or a WW bug?I find myself After basically any kind of loading screens back to the last save i did,with the difference that the game basically keeps the items you gained in the inventory and reverts back everything else,Money and days included,the only real fix Is costantly saving afaik.

What in sure Is a WW problem Is the fact that every time you leave the game you have to reinsert all the options that you changed,that fucking sucks

Edited by Strangeserver

I can't even play any save . I have everything updated.

. Not possible load game.

I'll upload the saved game. I can use it at home. But if I want to jump into a character... the game crashes.

109fd81e803d6a747ad

Edited by erotoman

I was having the rollback problem as well after the last WW update.  I updated all my animations and trashed the old folder as well as updating the WW mod again.

I then played the full day through to 6am.  That save stuck and my time did not revert back.  I tried it again and recreated the time warp and then went back in and played through to the following 6am time and again my save stuck.

Although it is still dropping saved info every time I load, from established attraction traits to settings I have previously turned off like STD and Peeping Tom.  Its never the same thing but it does always still drop something.

So playable but with limitations. 

4 hours ago, Strangeserver said:

So Is It a problem from the base game or a WW bug?I find myself After basically any kind of loading screens back to the last save i did,with the difference that the game basically keeps the items you gained in the inventory and reverts back everything else,Money and days included,the only real fix Is costantly saving afaik.

What in sure Is a WW problem Is the fact that every time you leave the game you have to reinsert all the options that you changed,that fucking sucks

I agree. Every time something happens to me it resets the whole whickedwhims setting. Including undressing.
What's really rude is that if you save it, the uploaded save doesn't work. I mean, you can save it right in the whicked menu.
It just doesn't work. It never uploaded my settings. She's still wearing underwear and everything's messed up.

Finally, now nothing works at all.
Just a simple game works normally.

5 minutes ago, erotoman said:

Nothing works at all. I have one mod and all the latest versions and nothing works. Everything is totally broken.

Why isn't there some sort of mass warning issued about the update not working.

If nothing works, it's probably a mod or a corrupt save. I suggest making a copy of your saves and mods folder and do a repair of your game from the Origin window. After the repair, test it to see if it runs. If it does, start adding the mods again (half of them at a time), until you have found any offending mod(s). Do the same for the saves and tray files.

Same here. No settings are being saved no matter how many times you enter them, and I've done it at least 20 times for households. 

None of my individual Sims settings are being saved from CAS either, and the game auto-set all my characters to asexual (not attracted to men or women), so I was manually changing each and every Sim.... only to find out the game isn't saving anything I do anyway.

Sims in household since I started playing 2 years ago no longer know each other, you have to introduce them again, even married couples. My Sims who were pregnant became unpregnant and their partner is now a stranger. Becoming unpregnant may be because the save didn't work, but I don't know why relationships reset to strangers.

I've spend many hours trying to test and fix things, only for it all to happen again or the saves not to work. I've repaired. I've removed all mods and tested it that way. I've done a good registry cleaner, everything. I just have WW and Nisa's btw. I almost always delete localthumb file before each game play.

I back-up'ed my entire EA folder 2 days ago, when I'd been playing offline, before I updated the game, all mods, etc. Since 

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

If you remove WW it works again (with the folder in savegame) ?

(don't delete files, just move them in another folder)

The game works. However, not too much  mod is working. I will try to delete the whole game and then gradually add new updated mods.

I was able to load the game after removing all mods. I left only 1 working mod. the "load started to work. ..interesting.

Sex doesn't work in the game.

Edited by erotoman