The new Wicked Whims update appears to break saving

3 hours ago, magadan2021 said:

Same here. No settings are being saved no matter how many times you enter them, and I've done it at least 20 times for households. 

None of my individual Sims settings are being saved from CAS either, and the game auto-set all my characters to asexual (not attracted to men or women), so I was manually changing each and every Sim.... only to find out the game isn't saving anything I do anyway.

Sims in household since I started playing 2 years ago no longer know each other, you have to introduce them again, even married couples. My Sims who were pregnant became unpregnant and their partner is now a stranger. Becoming unpregnant may be because the save didn't work, but I don't know why relationships reset to strangers.

I've spend many hours trying to test and fix things, only for it all to happen again or the saves not to work. I've repaired. I've removed all mods and tested it that way. I've done a good registry cleaner, everything. I just have WW and Nisa's btw. I almost always delete localthumb file before each game play.

I back-up'ed my entire EA folder 2 days ago, when I'd been playing offline, before I updated the game, all mods, etc. Since 

Yes same. I sit at it all afternoon, now I have no patience and no idea. It's as if the save would overwrite itself over and over again at the same time.

No matter how many times I save manually and separately.

I tested DD briefly but it doesn't seem to get along well with MCC because the game was slowing down, which is a shame because my game worked with DD.

Maybe I'll test it without MCC or wait for WW, I don't know what to do anymore.

3 hours ago, xRina89x said:

Yes same. I sit at it all afternoon, now I have no patience and no idea. It's as if the save would overwrite itself over and over again at the same time.

No matter how many times I save manually and separately.

I tested DD briefly but it doesn't seem to get along well with MCC because the game was slowing down, which is a shame because my game worked with DD.

Maybe I'll test it without MCC or wait for WW, I don't know what to do anymore.

MCCC is a good mod, but yes there is some issue with DD.

Try by removing MCCC. If you indicate here what you do use from MCCC and maybe people can indicate you some mods as a replacement.

hotfix No change.

I deleted the whole thing. We'll see after a complete reinstallation.

Reinstalled the whole game. Result 0.

Still doesn't work the same way.

It does not read when loading a saved game. Not possible load game.

Edited by erotoman
10 minutes ago, erotoman said:

hotfix No change.

I deleted the whole thing. We'll see after a complete reinstallation.

It all works splendidly for me. My sim just bonked Luna Villareal, his classmate from school in full animated fashion (picture below from aftermath, and because they're teenagers, the first things they do is checking their phones...)

If you want them to still have acne and hair in inconvenient places, you can remove the 'Post puberty' wicked attribute again once they're done.

04.08.2022_1-08-05.png

• 4 weeks later...

Still happening for me,  removing WW is actual solution a tried multiple times to put it back but the game always stays massed up. It won´t save any progresss from a certain point, even if i "save as". Even when i go in cas it all deltes an my sims for ex. is not enrolled in collage and do not have any realationships i made in past 3 hours (with execive seving). So i do blame WW for it just because my friend has the same thing, her game wont save properly with WW on. 

Might be wiht the new highschool dlc, but idk, does anyone know any solution to this or at least is it happening to anyone else, cuz i rlly hate it, u lose progress like crazy I once lost 7 hours of gameplay...

On 8/3/2022 at 8:12 PM, SticksStackStuck said:

It all works splendidly for me. My sim just bonked Luna Villareal, his classmate from school in full animated fashion (picture below from aftermath, and because they're teenagers, the first things they do is checking their phones...)

If you want them to still have acne and hair in inconvenient places, you can remove the 'Post puberty' wicked attribute again once they're done.

04.08.2022_1-08-05.png

Still wild you have to do all this because virtual characters have virtual acne now. Dude got some weird morals. Guess he's just ashamed of the past or there is some money issues involved.

3 hours ago, lbait said:

Still wild you have to do all this because virtual characters have virtual acne now. Dude got some weird morals. Guess he's just ashamed of the past or there is some money issues involved.

It is most likely money, seeing as patreon is getting more strict about sexual content every year and is not afraid to just strike creators down. So he most likely wants to stay ahead of these changes, atleast if you want it there is a way to bring it back.

In my case, I believe it was the mccc mod.
I have removed it and so far, I have no more issues.

I have been starting using WW and WP and BD like a week ago and I had no issues.
2 days ago I was looking for the way to apply the same make up to all outfits and I found that mccc mod could do it.
I installed it and it was the same day I started to notice something weird, specially after the changes in a part of the house got rolled back.

I am testing it, doing the same that could cause rollback and everything seems fine.

Edited by WhickedAnis
13 hours ago, WhickedAnis said:

Update:
Problem is back.
I am currently trying this temp solution: https://www.patreon.com/posts/70369053

According to my research: The issue is generated by HSY, specially something about trendy.
The link will explain the issue and the possible solution.

If you have an updated version of Sims 4 Studio, there is a built in option to do what the link suggests.

Can confirm that this seems to be the solution for now!

I have been using this mod/fix, and ever since have not had any problems anymore.

The problem seems to be that most CC (clothing) is 64 bit, while trendy is only able to handle 32 bit and thus creating error 532.

Even with mods that were seeming to be the problem (WW and MCCC) this seems to solve the issue (for now).

A small tip though, some CC does not have the tags that create the error, but are just completely broken so you might need to remove some stuff.

On 8/28/2022 at 2:10 PM, SysGhost said:

It is most likely money, seeing as patreon is getting more strict about sexual content every year and is not afraid to just strike creators down. So he most likely wants to stay ahead of these changes, atleast if you want it there is a way to bring it back.

Well I've read his statement on his site and the documment he compiled with the CN drama and now I'm more inclined to think he fears legal issues with underaged sex content. It's totally fair and not worth it the risk to go down for such things so I gotta apologize. Money gotta be involved sure but I think it may not be the biggest part. Still sad, I'd like to use the packs feature without the inconvenience of keep adding traits to sims.