Need help with Steam

Ok so I am suppost to put my follower folder in steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/data/ textures and meshes. But my problem is that the textures and meshes that are there are not folders, they have the internet sign next to them instead of a folder.  But when I go into creation kit it shows them as folders. So I am confused. And sorry for all these questions, like I said I am new to this so.

49 minutes ago, Diamond Grey said:

Ok so I am suppost to put my follower folder in steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/data/ textures and meshes. But my problem is that the textures and meshes that are there are not folders, they have the internet sign next to them instead of a folder.  But when I go into creation kit it shows them as folders. So I am confused. And sorry for all these questions, like I said I am new to this so.

You using a mod manager?

Assuming your Mod Organizer is properly installed and set up, you install your followers and other mods with MO, and you don't want to manually install them into your game folder.

First things first, you should be posting this question in the Skyrim forum where you'll get more help from people familiar with that game.

Second thing, look through the Skyrim forum section here on Lovers Lab, there are some pinned threads that give a lot of helpful advice on how to set up and mod your game for people who haven't done it before.  Once you're read through some of those pinned threads and tried the suggestions there, you can come back and post if you still have more questions.