How to prep creatures for animation in blender

I'm planning on experimenting with hkxmerge and/or sexlab to do some animations for my drider project (the plan is paired bug and human anims that appear as one entity since I'm still going with the mount route). The prev tut's I followed skip on the part where they extract the skeleton and models and port them to Blender. The human models are already provided, so I'm a little lost on getting new nifs set up properly. I keep running into dead links pointing me to niftools. Any tips?

I am also trying to create some new creature on human kill moves using HKXmerge, but for dragons. Reading the documentation for the Nif blender plugin, 10 blender units = 1 nif unit. It says it does this conversion automatically, and did it correctly in an empty blender file, but I don't think it is for Distar's setup for some reason.

Eyeballing it, setting the creature's scale to 10.000 looks about right.

Edited by cell289