This is a request for an add-on idea I have, not a request for a direct implementation for Basemental. Essentially, a mod with a dependency on Basemental. However, if he wants to implement some of it himself, I'd be grateful.
If there's a mod or several mods with either optional or mandatory implementation already, please direct me towards it!
Essentially, I have an idea for several new medications and disorders that would be implemented, however I don't think it should be just these things. These are merely ideas, and mostly disorders and medications I have either studied, or had personal experience with, but I'll only be going into detail about my own experiences and the experiences of others I have been in close contact with.
Neurodivergency isn't just limited to Autism and ADHD, however, not every mental disorder is Neurodivergent, as it's not necessarily dealing with the physical structure of the brain.
So, without further ado, here's some ideas for disorders that can be added, and some examples of medications used to treat them. All of these disorders should be available in the Points/Satisfaction Shop, for one point.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

OCD is a hell of a ride from personal experience. Sims with OCD will be subject to repetitive intrusive thoughts, ranging from destroying items, and as far as punching others, fighting, threatening, etc. Slob sims can have OCD, but Neat sims will obsessively clean on top of the baseline disorder. Essentially, the personality traits of a sim would determine their intrusive thoughts. Not abiding by whims or emotions will give Tense, Uncomfortable, and Angry emotions. If they lose control of violent or Mean whims, they'll get Sad, Embarrassed, or more Tense. Sims with OCD would be prescribed Zoloft.

Autism Spectrum Disorder

First, as an Autist, this trait, like ADHD, is completely incompatible with the Genius trait. Not because Autistic people can't be geniuses, but because this trait affects the Focused, Inspired, Bored, Angry, Tense, and Uncomfortable moodlets. Autistic Sims will struggle to get focused, and often get Bored instead when doing things that make them focused. With a caveat-- These Sims will get a much more intense Focused moodlet when a Focusing activity is mentioned as Liked in Preferences, and an equally powerful Tense moodlet when they Dislike an activity. Inspired moodlets work the same as Focused moodlets. Every Preference is twice as powerful for these Sims, and they get Uncomfortable far easier than most. Anger is twice as powerful for these sims, and Child Sims with this trait may be prescribed Risperdal if they get into too many fights. This will be phased out by Young Adulthood unless the Sim is also Bipolar/has MDNOS or has Schizophrenia, in which case they'd continue to take the medication the rest of their life.

Bipolar - Overview

This is a long, long overview, exclusively going over shared traits between both types of Bipolar Disorder. Firstly, it functions relatively similar to the Erratic trait, but has a lot of changes. MDNOS would be more of a Revitalized Erratic trait, which I'll go over in that section. Both types have Energized, Flirty, Sad, Angry, and Bored swings. Manic and Depressive moodswings would have a hidden moodlet counting both Manic and Depressive swings. They will always switch to a Manic swing after a Depressed swing, and vice versa. Sims will be prescribed Risperdal if Mean, Evil, or Hot-Headed, and Lithium if not.
Bipolar, Type I

• Type I is a bit more high-priority than Type II. They get much, MUCH more powerful Energized swings than Type II's. Type I Bipolar Sims have 5 day long Manic and Depressive episodes. Unlike Type II's, their Manic episodes have psychosis! This adds two new features to Manic Episodes: Tense and Scared, to the mix. During the 5 long day episode, Sims will have the ability to Talk To Self, which lowers the strength of Tense and Scared moodlets, making them fade faster. There's a 10% chance of getting a random +4 Moodlet for an Angry, Scared, Tense, Energetic, or Flirty moodlet. These would have various descriptions, and there'll always be an Energized +1 baseline trait with a Flirty moodlet, and a Flirty +1 moodlet for an Energized moodlet. Depressive Episodes would go between Sad and Bored. There's a 50% chance to get either moodlet, one after the other, and those Depressive moodlets have a 2+ moodlet.

Bipolar, Type II

• Type II Bipolar Sims get Depressed far more often, and far longer, than Type I Sims. They cannot Talk to Self or have Psychosis. They have 7 day Depressive episodes, and 3 day Manic episodes, All manic moodlets being 2+, and all Depressive moodlets being +4.

MDNOS; Mood Disorder Not Otherwise Specified

MDNOS combines multiple mood disorders, but nullifies the symptoms and has shorter moodswings, and doesn't have hard-line episodes. Every case has the ability to be wildly different, so this will be entirely based on my MDNOS. Sims with MDNOS cannot be Paranoid or Erratic, as it's essentially a combination of the Paranoid and Erratic traits-- with a twist!
Sims with MDNOS will go through every emotion in the game's code, sans Uncomfortable. They will also have psychosis regularly, and will randomly enter it at a moment's notice. A hidden counter will check for it, and the sim will have Scared and Tense +10 moodlets consistently until psychosis is over, which happens for 2 days and has a 25% chance of occurring per 5 days. The Sim will be convinced people are out to get them. After Psychosis, the sim will have a +8 Dazed moodlet for 4 hours while calming down. If doing Mushrooms or LSD, the sim has a 100% chance of having a Bad Trip and will enter psychosis immediately after their trip is over. Weed, however, has a positive effect most of the time. Sims with MDNOS should be prescribed Risperdal if Hot-Headed, Evil, or Mean. If they don't have any of those traits, they should be prescribed Lithium.

Schizophrenia

Ironically, I don't know much about Schizophrenia despite being accused of having it and testing negative for it repeatedly. It should be up to the Dev to implement it, if they want to.

A Look at New Medications

Every medication has side effects! Xans and Adderall both have been implemented according to Basemental's wishes, so I won't go too deep into those, they're already perfect...ish. Adderall should have a negative effect on everyone except for Stable Sims and sims with ADHD. Xanax should be untouched.

Zoloft

Sims will be prescribed Zoloft for being Very Sad or having OCD, but it has a 25% chance to have No Effect or a Negative effect for sims without OCD, and the medication would not be autonomously abused by Stable sims, unlike Xanax or Adderal. Sims will not lose weight without exercise, and their weight loss is slowed significantly. Even abusing Cocaine or Amphetamines do not cause weight loss. Sims will immediately get Wasted on Alcohol and Very High on weed. Even heavyweights will become instant lightweights. It makes Sims with OCD capable of ignoring whims and prevents sims from getting Sad for longer.

Risperdal

Risperdal prevents sims from being violent entirely. They're also immune to Psychosis. Sims will be incapable of throwing drinks, fighting, slapping, etc, as well as most mean and mischief actions. Their Energy/Vampire Energy and Hunger/Thirst decays quickly, about the same speed as a sim with the Glutton trait, or any other trait that causes quick mood decay. Sims will get Angry on top of Uncomfortable if their motives get ignored, and Werewolves quickly gain Fury. Sims will completely lack the Flirty emotion even with a disorder that causes it. With Wicked Whims, Sims will never get Aroused. Sims will instantly refuse to Have Sex or WooHoo. Sims will autonomously get food to eat, and this has consequences. Sims will be completely incapable of losing weight, even with a Cocaine and Amphetamine addiction. Fat gain is also multiplied by 1.25x. At the very least, they'll have a happy +8 moodlet, until they get Very Hungry or Parched.

Sims on Risperdal have the same likelihood as sims on Steroids to get Liver Failure and High Blood Pressure. The more they drink, the more likely they'll get Liver Failure. Sims with Risperdal also have a risk of something new; Type II Diabetes. Male Sims may also develop Breasts if you have a mod that allows for that.
Sims will immediately get Wasted on Alcohol and Very High on weed. Even heavyweights will become instant lightweights.
Risperdal, due to the long list of side effects, is only prescribed when a Sim is too violent for Lithium, let alone to be unmedicated. Essentially, keeping a Sim as a fat, unflirty, happy person is better than having them shank someone.

Lithium

Lithium will have a 25% chance of causing nausea when taken, followed by a 24 Hour +10 Fine moodlet, and a 2% chance for a +50 Bored moodlet once every 48 hours, lasting for 12h. Sims on Lithium will not have any mood swings

Lithium has more downsides than Zoloft, but far less than Risperdal. Sims on Lithium have the same likelihood as sims on Steroids to get Liver Failure and High Blood Pressure. Sims with Lithium also have a risk of something new; Type II Diabetes.

Diabetes

When a Sim's body fucks up and they stop producing Insulin on their own, they develop Diabetes. Diabetes Type I will only develop in Toddlers and Children, and the Sims will be rushed to the hospital by their parents after Passing Out. This leads to a Diabetes Diagnosis. Sims can only develop Type I if they are given the hidden trait upon aging up to Toddler or Child, and can be passed down as a hidden trait from their Parents.
Diabetes Type II can be screened for by getting a blood test. Sims will be given a Heads Up by their doctor if they're Prediabetic, and will show symptoms beforehand, ranging from chills and very intense hunger pangs, to dizziness, to jittering and Passing Out once they're Very Hungry or Parched. They'll receive a Tense moodlet when they cross over to a full-blown Diabetic, and will be rushed to the hospital.
Humans, Werewolves, and Spellcasters can develop Type II Diabetes by overeating, eating too many high calorie foods, being Sedentary, or taking Risperdal or Lithium.
Vampires can develop Type II Diabetes by drinking from Type I or Type II Sims, Taking Risperdal or Lithium, eating too much Human Food, overeating Plasma Fruit instead of real plasma, or being Sedentary.
PlantSims, Servos, Succubi(with Perversions) and Mermaids are completely immune to Diabetes.
Sims with the Glutton or Lazy trait are predisposed to Type II Diabetes.
Sims who are Diagnosed with Diabetes will get an Insulin Pump and a sensor for checking blood pressure. The Sim will receive notifications informing them of when they need to eat, or if their blood sugar is too high, and if it's bad enough, they'll be rushed back to the hospital.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, plut012 said:

this is a wonderful idea! if they havent done it yet i hope they do soon! ?

Same here! Adeepindigo's Divergent Sims does scratch the itch quite well, and they have been open to Basemental compatibility, so even if Basemental himself doesn't implement it, I have hope someone else will! My only real gripe is that it seems randomized and the traits aren't strictly tied to the disorders necessarily, a Slob Sim wouldn't develop OCD but there's no guarantee that an Erratic Sim will be Bipolar or Schizophrenic, a Glutton Sim won't be Anorexic but has a great chance of being Bulimic, et cetera. Would highly recommend so long as that isn't a dealbreaker.

• 3 weeks later...