Mesh/tx/bsa/skellies

Mashi

So for anyone curious you can rip everything out using BSA unpacker, current versions of nifskope floating around have problems handling the skeletons and most meshes, but there are individual skellies for males and females, including individual skellies for beast races.

Does that mean Creatures or just "beast races" with the skellies?

Both. All creatures have their own skellie' date=' beast races do, so do humanoid races.

I assume NifSkope will update to accommodate Skyrim?

More than likely, just need to wait. I'm sure the folks over on the forums who are more adept than I am are already working on the new node trees.

Does that mean that separate animations can be created for male/females/beasts?

Sure looks like it.

Niftools already have a test Nif.xml file for Nifskope. Nif version is confirmed as 20.2.0.7.

The RC (Release Candidate) for it has been compiled for windows so grab that and test it. Here is a nice link for you convience https://github.com/downloads/amorilia/nifskope/nifskope-1.1.0-rc1.1bbf520-windows.exe.

As for the Blender script, there has been some noticeable progress. The first goal was to tidy up the development environment to make it easier for development, done: second was to update Pyffi to python 3.2, done: and now we have basic mesh import and working on texture support. Check out the Blender 2.5 roadmap.

BSFadeNode (or any node?) has a big change to the Properties link, I'm not sure what's going on exactly yet, I haven't got far enough yet.

TriShapeData seems to ALWAYS have normals so far, so I have an always-on setting for that. Mostly for my sanity, if I end up with invalid model bits, NifSkope crashes if I do edits that result in trying to render a model with invalid data.

All meshes seem to use BSFadeNodes as root node.

As expected, not too different from FO3. More BSxxxx nodes. Shouldn't take that long (days) for NifSkope and a little longer for Blender.

Our lovely SHY brought us a link today that points to an alleged fix for Nifskope that makes it work with Skyrim nifs. It seems it is not the one with the preliminary XML version that you can download from Niftools (that XML caused my nifskope to crash on Skyrim meshes).

This is the good news. The bad news is, it is on 3Dgame, and only certain users have the right to download attachments, and that excludes me.

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-2568956-1-1.html

Is there any higher ranking 3Dgame board member here who could grab that attachment and tell us about it?

Looks like it works, I'm able to scale parts of the female bodies with NifSkope, and it can give them a decent ass.

Breasts are sadly out of my league, it can't be scaled (would look hideous, what with the breasts been linked to the neck), needs to be exported to a 3d tool and then imported back with the modified breasts. If someone is good in 3DS Max or Blender or whatever else, it'd be great for them to load up NifSkope, export the model and then do their magic.

Archived