Newest Wicked Whims update broke my romance options, despite max romance relationship level?

I went through and did a lot of testing (isolated mods, tested with control groups, no mods at all, etc...) and I managed to deduce that the newest wicked whims update rendered romantic actions completely impossible. Is anyone else having this issue?

Without the latest WW, romantic interactions work just fine. I use cheats to modify relationship levels to max. Normally this allows pretty much all interactions right off the bat. When I dropped the latest WW in there, every single romantic interaction failed. All of them with every single sim. The sims would passively act like they hated each other. (Thought bubbles with other sim's face crossed out, taunting, etc...) I tested everything and found that *only* the latest version of WW was causing this. Game functioned normally with and without all other mods and with the older version of WW.

I tried repairing the game, resetting the game, and reapplying the latest WW, but the interactions were still broken.

There's a new option in the relationship settings that lets WW use gender preferences to override romantic interactions. I just woke up and haven't had coffee yet, so I can't tell you exactly which option that is right now.

But that should explain why my sim and her girlfriend Cassandra are suddenly on the outs.

• 1 month later...

I have been having this issue since the last update. It's really frustrating me. After much testing on my end as well, I ended up going back to the previous version, only then the animations were completely broken. So either...I can have sex. Or I can have relationships. But I can't have both. I was hoping it would be fixed in this new update but so far nothing. 

12 hours ago, SweetPotatoKimchi said:

I have been having this issue since the last update. It's really frustrating me. After much testing on my end as well, I ended up going back to the previous version, only then the animations were completely broken. So either...I can have sex. Or I can have relationships. But I can't have both. I was hoping it would be fixed in this new update but so far nothing. 

Generally speaking you have to build up friendship level first to half a green bar before NPC's will accept romantic interactions.

But it really depends on all the other WW settings.

When updating WW with major updates many settings are reset to defaults and sometimes new settings are added and/or menus get moved around.

You could try updating WW again and use my saved settings for testing as I don't have any problems.

But it's set up so Sims won't have Sex Autonomously until they have a half green bar relationship established.

Applies to NPC-NPC Sex also but married couples will still have fun.

WW Sex is set up to follow WW Gender Rules and no Orgies or groups.

Easy enough to change tho if not wanted.

Attractions is disabled also.

File gets copied directly into WickedWhimsMod/WickedWhimsSettings/

Then select Wicked > Settings Control > Import Saved Settings

Save game, exit and restart.

Delete your loclathumbcache.pkg whenever you add, remove, or update Mods/CC or the game itself.

My_Sexy_Settings_51_general.json

I'm having a similar or maybe same problem. Even with maxed friendship and romance bar now ALL my sims who were in relationships with a partner *will not* or reject sex, and *every" romantic interaction. Whether they are married, partners etc. ALL.

I had the June version of WW, and everyone was rejecting ALL romantic interactions no matter how high both friendship and romance were, or if they were already in a relationship, However, you could initiate sex at least by using "Make a move". 

I updated WW today to the July version, and then it happens they rejected everything including sex. I get error message 19, "no available sims", and their partner is standing right there.

Even this one couple, for example, are deeply in love and "lovebirds" and were having sex before as described above, but now, totally nothing. Rejection, rejection, rejection.

20220724204212_1.jpg

20220724204235_1.jpg

2 hours ago, magadan2021 said:

I'm having a similar or maybe same problem. Even with maxed friendship and romance bar now ALL my sims who were in relationships with a partner *will not* or reject sex, and *every" romantic interaction. Whether they are married, partners etc. ALL.

Try removing all your other Mods/CC and test with only WW + Animations installed.

Then delete your localthumbcache.pkg

Don't make any new saves with Mods/CC removed just exit when done testing.

Other things to try...

Set your WW Always Accept Cheat to one green bar.

Go into BB mode and add the Hypersexual Lot Trait

Give your Player Sims the 'Sexually Alluring' trait reward. 

Had a similar issue after the last update, my guys were engaged, all bars maxed out but suddenly almost everything romantic got rejected and failed.

I obviously don't know if that's the case for y'all as well but apparently I never adjusted my gender-attraction-settings correctly in the first place and the newest update (maybe?) overwrote something that made them more important, so both of my guys ended up technically not being attrackted to each other anymore. And that's why most of my actions failed.

After I did some fine-tuning and made sure they were physically attracted to each other the failed romance interactions stopped happening. So, maybe check into those first? Hope that helps and good luck! : )

Edited by WaywardlyWicked
Fixed Typo