16 minutes ago, Literally just a cat said:

ENB setting

Can't recall which, tho.  You can bring up the ENB console and just toggle parts off until things go dark, then you know which it was.

Keep in mind that you may never get it perfectly dark.  For that you'd need a camera attach nif.

Edited by Seijin8

I've used the "Dark Fog" setting with a dark fog strength of 200:

Spoiler

Picture taken at 3pm outside of Whiterun using Rudy ENB

489830_20220527062701_1.png.d67d91a5cdd582b715b388b0eb8b3858.png

The trick is you want a low dark fog strength, because it's more like "how far you can see while blindfolded". You have to have ConsoleUtils installed though, as the setting says.

Edited by chaimhewast
1 hour ago, chaimhewast said:

I've used the "Dark Fog" setting with a dark fog strength of 2:

Reveal hidden contents

Picture taken at 3pm outside of Whiterun using Rudy ENB

489830_20220527062701_1.png.d67d91a5cdd582b715b388b0eb8b3858.png

The trick is you want a low dark fog strength, because it's more like "how far you can see while blindfolded". You have to have ConsoleUtils installed though, as the setting says.

Ive tried that but it still didn't work, maybe ill try reinstalling consoleutil, thanks for the advice anyhow

Blind folds dont work really well with most ENB's, sorry it modifies image space much the same way as say vampire or kajiit vision does.

Best thing to do is go find an ENB that works with vanilla image space modifiers as in it does not completely cancel them out like almost all ENB's do.

IF your not up for that I seem to remember that you can stop Blindfolds from applying an image space modifier but its been a while not sure exactly how that is done maybe in the options of the MCM menu.

Skyrim Re-engaged ENB,

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1089

Allows image space modifiers to work, having that is well essential even for non-dd play through think about it, want vampire vision?  There are just a lot of mods and vanilla stuff that make use of image space modifiers that I am surprised that ENB authors dont get players hopping mad about it in their comment sections over turning that stuff off and not telling people up front about it in the description page.

6 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Blind folds dont work really well with most ENB's, sorry it modifies image space much the same way as say vampire or kajiit vision does.

Best thing to do is go find an ENB that works with vanilla image space modifiers as in it does not completely cancel them out like almost all ENB's do.

IF your not up for that I seem to remember that you can stop Blindfolds from applying an image space modifier but its been a while not sure exactly how that is done maybe in the options of the MCM menu.

Skyrim Re-engaged ENB,

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1089

Allows image space modifiers to work, having that is well essential even for non-dd play through think about it, want vampire vision?  There are just a lot of mods and vanilla stuff that make use of image space modifiers that I am surprised that ENB authors dont get players hopping mad about it in their comment sections over turning that stuff off and not telling people up front about it in the description page.

How would I re enable it on an ENB preset?

I currently have Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers that I have tweaked a little bit, and I really like it, would hate to lose the whole look, so if I can just re enable it on this one, that'd be better

1 hour ago, Literally just a cat said:

How would I re enable it on an ENB preset?

I currently have Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers that I have tweaked a little bit, and I really like it, would hate to lose the whole look, so if I can just re enable it on this one, that'd be better

I have no idea actually, I have looked around for a solution to edit an enb and I actually sort of just gave up with looking for a way to switch it back on.  Saw a mod a few years back for SkyrimLE that did this turn off ENB when activating vision but I cant remember its name and I dont know if its available on SkyrimSE.

The link I provided for an ENB well I hunted that down for my SkyrimSe game because I knew it was going to be an issue in SE.

Just now, Gameplayer said:

I have no idea actually, I have looked around for a solution to edit an enb and I actually sort of just gave up with looking for a way to switch it back on.  Saw a mod a few years back for SkyrimLE that did this turn off ENB when activating vision but I cant remember its name and I dont know if its available on SkyrimSE.

The link I provided for an ENB well I hunted that down for my SkyrimSe game because I knew it was going to be an issue in SE.

Alright, Well, I'll try that ENB and I can probably tweak it to fit my tastes a little better. Thanks

Okay, thanks to everyone for the help and advice

Tried various things, and figured out how to get the blindfold effect to work (The easiest way out of all the ways was to enable original post processing in ENB settings. But it adjusted the appearance too, so not quite optimal) but that let me know another issue with it, I could still move in third person with a blindfold

So I said F this and switched to Dark Fog mode (thanks chaimhewast for that suggestion), which I wasn't using before because the fog was really thin and I could easily see through it. But when changing around my ENBs something worked right and now the Dark Fog is actually dark, which is perfect.

So now I'll keep the blindfolds in account when editing my ENB settings

I do have one more question though if anyone wants to answer, is there a way for me to set the dark fog to a lower setting? The MCM goes down to 200, but I'd like 100 if possible. Maybe a value in one of the plugins or something?

22 hours ago, Literally just a cat said:

I do have one more question though if anyone wants to answer, is there a way for me to set the dark fog to a lower setting? The MCM goes down to 200, but I'd like 100 if possible. Maybe a value in one of the plugins or something?

The MCM is done purely in the zadConfig script. You'd either have to edit the script and recompile it (major headache to do, since it needs every script that it references, even indirectly), or use console commands to set it:

setpqv zadconfigquest darkfogstrength_var 100
setpqv zadconfigquest darkfogstrength2_var 150

You need to set both to make it consistent with what the slider does.

Edited by chaimhewast
corrected variable name
13 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

The MCM is done purely in the zadConfig script. You'd either have to edit the script and recompile it (major headache to do, since it needs every script that it references, even indirectly), or use console commands to set it:

setpqv zadconfigquest darkfogstrength_var 100
setpqv zadconfigquest darkfogstrength_var2 150

You need to set both to make it consistent with what the slider does.

If I use console commands, would it save it permanently (for that save)? Or would I have to do that every time I load the game?

Just now, Literally just a cat said:

If I use console commands, would it save it permanently (for that save)? Or would I have to do that every time I load the game?

Those are quest variables - setpqv is a short alias for SetPapyrusQuestVariable. They're as much part of your save as if you had moved the slider yourself (although moving the slider yourself ensures that the second one is twice the first, minus 50). I also just realized that I mistyped the second variable - the 2 comes before the _var.

1 hour ago, chaimhewast said:

Those are quest variables - setpqv is a short alias for SetPapyrusQuestVariable. They're as much part of your save as if you had moved the slider yourself (although moving the slider yourself ensures that the second one is twice the first, minus 50). I also just realized that I mistyped the second variable - the 2 comes before the _var.

Alright, thanks, that's as close to perfect as I can get

• 1 year later...

Sorry to unearth this topic but it seems I can't properly activate the Dark Fog mod of blindfold MCM, even if I run ConsoleUtilSSE (I play on Skyrim Special Edition with DD SSE). In the MCM, I can select the dark fog option but cannot modify the strenght, and wearing blindfold doesn't toggle any alternate sight (with or without active ENB)

Leech mod works though.

13 hours ago, limonotu said:

Sorry to unearth this topic but it seems I can't properly activate the Dark Fog mod of blindfold MCM, even if I run ConsoleUtilSSE (I play on Skyrim Special Edition with DD SSE). In the MCM, I can select the dark fog option but cannot modify the strenght, and wearing blindfold doesn't toggle any alternate sight (with or without active ENB)

Leech mod works though.

Sorry, I don't know much about the inner workings of DD, so I don't know what that could be

But you can adjust the dark fog using ENB's fog settings in Environment, which might help?

7 hours ago, limonotu said:

Do you know which line do I need to toggle to reinforce this dark fog in the enb menu?

It's not a toggle, you just have to adjust the Fog settings in the Environment category until you get something that works

I'd recommend using ENB Helper (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23174) to tweak it in game while wearing a blindfold

I forget which specific settings do what, but if you just mess with them a bit, it should become clear

Also note: They will also affect the fog without the blindfold on, so you may need to reach a balance for that

• 4 months later...