Sexbound Lags when there are too many beds onscreen

A slight problem I have with this mod is that the game lags whenever there are too many beds onscreen. I can get up to around 8 beds before the game starts to lag. This usually isn't a massive problem but it makes bigger mods like US Expansion very hard to play when it's lagging. Lag reducer mods do little to help. Idk if it's a problem with the mod or my computer but no other mods lag for me so I'm thinking it might just be the mod.

Has anyone else experienced this?

3 hours ago, None of your bussness said:

A slight problem I have with this mod is that the game lags whenever there are too many beds onscreen. I can get up to around 8 beds before the game starts to lag. This usually isn't a massive problem but it makes bigger mods like US Expansion very hard to play when it's lagging. Lag reducer mods do little to help. Idk if it's a problem with the mod or my computer but no other mods lag for me so I'm thinking it might just be the mod.

Has anyone else experienced this?

... Well, while i can relate and understand, why the beds are laggy, considering the invisible absolute dump-truck of data going on there, but... I think US Expansion may not be the best idea to play if you are having lag issues from beds alone.

image.png.c3899c0aff6498485295bd0ce2cf8bca.png

I would also recommend you revise your mods, most of the time, the game is generally lag on it's own, Starbound's code is a cursed beast and will lag in general at random, however, the more concurrent mods are running, the more likely the game will lag, and the more consistently it'll do so. Trimming your mods can always help you survive the struggle of playing it a few more sessions.

There's not much else i can add here, Starbound doesn't have much optimization improvement mods, you can Futara's Dragon Engine, and hope it helps, but truthfully, Sexbound is a coding-beast hidden within NPCs and beds, so it's understandable if you cannot bear with running it near villages/structures.

44 minutes ago, red3dred said:

... Well, while i can relate and understand, why the beds are laggy, considering the invisible absolute dump-truck of data going on there, but... I think US Expansion may not be the best idea to play if you are having lag issues from beds alone.

image.png.c3899c0aff6498485295bd0ce2cf8bca.png

I would also recommend you revise your mods, most of the time, the game is generally lag on it's own, Starbound's code is a cursed beast and will lag in general at random, however, the more concurrent mods are running, the more likely the game will lag, and the more consistently it'll do so. Trimming your mods can always help you survive the struggle of playing it a few more sessions.

There's not much else i can add here, Starbound doesn't have much optimization improvement mods, you can Futara's Dragon Engine, and hope it helps, but truthfully, Sexbound is a coding-beast hidden within NPCs and beds, so it's understandable if you cannot bear with running it near villages/structures.

Thank you for telling me. I deleted the Expansion and the game is running a lot better now.

• 3 weeks later...