How to get an NPC to walk up to the player for a ForceGreet topic with package?

I'm trying to make a follower walk up to me and speak when a certain condition is met;

I created a branch with "Blocking" flag and a topic with "ForceGreet" flag, the NPC will have the force info but it won't walk up to me, the greet still happens only if walk to him first.

I understood i need packages to make NPC walk up and speak, but i have no clue how to use them, what do i have to do?

I don't know the details myself, but I would advise you to be very careful and keep forcegreet use to a minimum because every competent modder I know who works on followers often talks about forcegreets can really cause a lot of problems if not handled carefully and how they're a pain in the ass to ensure they're working correctly.

That's not to say don't use them at all, but if you can use something simpler like a quest to depict a scene you want to show, it's best to use that instead.

14 hours ago, wattbatt said:

I'm trying to make a follower walk up to me and speak when a certain condition is met;

I created a branch with "Blocking" flag and a topic with "ForceGreet" flag, the NPC will have the force info but it won't walk up to me, the greet still happens only if walk to him first.

I understood i need packages to make NPC walk up and speak, but i have no clue how to use them, what do i have to do?

I did something like this in my unfinished "Followers Get Paid" mod (basically, after configurable period, a pay day comes, and followers go to forcgreet you one by one, asking for their money).
But i am currently focused on something else, and i don't recall any details - i would have to open the project and wade through it to refresh my memory, and i don't have time for that.
So, i cannot give you any advice, but i can leave you with my source files that you can disect yourself (see the attachment).

Followers Get Paid 0.0.59 (unfinished).zip

2 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I did something like this in my unfinished "Followers Get Paid" mod (basically, after configurable period, a pay day comes, and followers go to forcgreet you one by one, asking for their money).
But i am currently focused on something else, and i don't recall any details - i would have to open the project and wade through it to refresh my memory, and i don't have time for that.
So, i cannot give you any advice, but i can leave you with my source files that you can disect yourself (see the attachment).

Followers Get Paid 0.0.59 (unfinished).zip 39.58 kB · 0 downloads

Incidentally, if you still want followers to require payment, both NFF and Simple Taxes have frameworks for this. Not as IMMERSIVE as your followers actually coming with their hands out though.

5 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Incidentally, if you still want followers to require payment, both NFF and Simple Taxes have frameworks for this. Not as IMMERSIVE as your followers actually coming with their hands out though.

Yeah, i know about those options, but i wanted something more immersive.
As you mentioned, in my mod it is much more immersive, dialog driven.
Followers have a dialogue with plenty of lines (well... they WILL have plenty, right now its just a few) and voiced with xVASynth (i already did the existing Jenassa's dialogue, took a great care to make it sound real good).
They have randomized lines to minimize repetitiveness (right now its just about 3-6 responses to every topic/situation, but i want more - except i don't know how to english and i suck at writing dialogues).
And the followers have sort of a "patience" atribute, they track your paying discipline, and there will be consequences if you are a lousy patron - the follower can just go home until you pay, or if you make them too angry, they can leave completely, or even attack you.
...well, no point discussing that here i guess, i have a topic about it somewhere ...aha! here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/183025-followers-get-paid-need-dialogue-writers/

22 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

I don't know the details myself, but I would advise you to be very careful and keep forcegreet use to a minimum because every competent modder I know who works on followers often talks about forcegreets can really cause a lot of problems if not handled carefully and how they're a pain in the ass to ensure they're working correctly.

That's not to say don't use them at all, but if you can use something simpler like a quest to depict a scene you want to show, it's best to use that instead.

Ehh well the follower walking to me and interrupting what i'm doing is the funny part, not really the content. 

I understood that packages need to be related to aliases under quests firstly so i will take a lot to analyze the matter, also cuz im on LE and so i use xedit not CK