Fertility set to 0% while on birth control?

I'm playing on menstrual cycle mode, with duration set to normal-to-long, and fertility set to boosted.
My female sim's cycle is 15 days long. She's fertile from day 6 to day 12 (basically, day 12 is her ovulation day).
With her husband they recently had triplets (conceived through WW), and for story-telling (and gameplay) purpose I decided to make her start taking birth control, at least for a time, as she seems to be highly fertile (when I first installed WW on this save, it took her and her husband only one session of sex to get pregnant with twins, she had a miscarriage (caused by another mod), and after this it took them only two sex to have the triplets?).
Anyway, she's currently early on birth control pill (2nd day), and I just noticed that now when I have her take a fertility awareness test it always results in 0% of getting pregnant, even so she was on the days 6 and 7 of her cycle at that time (meaning, she's supposed be fertile again on these day (used shift click/wicked/pregnancy info, to see her fertility matrix, it says that her day 6 is at 10% fertile, and day 7 is 24%)).
I have birth control set to unreliable, cos in a way I'd like them not to have another pregnancy right away, but for gameplay purpose I also like not controlling everything and letting a lot of fate and randomness take place (I had it set to realistic at first, but I found the percent of failing too low to my taste, especially with menstrual cycle on where a lot of days are already safe).
So, my main question is Does the test results on 0% of getting pregnant because she's currently on the pill, regardless of her current day in her cycle and usual fertility level? Can the pill still fail at some point, and WW sex results in pregnancy if she's in her fertile window, even if the test says 0% at that time?

On a side note :
Does anyone happens to know what are the percent of failing of birth control while set to unreliable? I saw that on realistic mode condoms are at 5% and pills at 9% of failing, but couldn't find any information on unreliable mode...

Thanks.

Even on early birth control there is some protection in place, it just isn't at full strength yet. Every time a Sim takes a pill the strength is higher and slowly fades away for the next 20 hours with a 4 hour buffer and the strength can only be 91% max (there's static 9% inaccuracy). This strength is a direct modifier to the pregnancy chance, so it typically wouldn't turn it to 0% but that value is rounded down so it can appear as such.

Failure rates are listed at the bottom of the explanation page of how the Menstrual Cycle works: https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/157178/menstrual-cycle

3 hours ago, TURBODRIVER said:

Even on early birth control there is some protection in place, it just isn't at full strength yet. Every time a Sim takes a pill the strength is higher and slowly fades away for the next 20 hours with a 4 hour buffer and the strength can only be 91% max (there's static 9% inaccuracy). This strength is a direct modifier to the pregnancy chance, so it typically wouldn't turn it to 0% but that value is rounded down so it can appear as such.

Failure rates are listed at the bottom of the explanation page of how the Menstrual Cycle works: https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/157178/menstrual-cycle

Thanks for the link to the Menstrual Cycle page, I've looked countless times for the failure rates of unreliable setting and didn't found this page!

Ok, I think I get better how the pill system works in-game now. I was just wondering if there were some kind of bug with the pill or my game where the pill would always be 100% reliable no matter the settings.
Also, don't know if it's linked or not, but when I use the debug command to see her pregnancy infos, the pill strength always appear as 1.0, no matter if she's still early on it or fully on it, or no matter which birth control reliability settings I'm on. Is this normal too?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, a little update as I think I just found out the cause of my issue.
I'm also using some modules of Lumpinou's mod Woohoo Wellness, and I had my sim take Lumpinou's birth control pill in adition to the Wicked Whims pill, as I liked the fact that Lumpinou's adds side effect to it from time to time.
I found it weird that my sim hasn't took the pill since nearly a sim week, was now again at her 7th day of her cycle, which is supposed to be a fertile day of 24% and her fertility awareness test still resulted as 0% of getting pregnant. I realised she still had Lumpinou's trait "on birth control" and decided it was worth trying making her stop this one as well. The test I took right after resulted in 24% of getting pregnant, just like it was supposed to!
I thought Woohoo Wellness wasn't relevant here at first, as I specifically checked on it before doing so, and Lumpinou stated on their site that their mod functionalities wasn't affecting WW functionalities... Turns out, it does!

3 hours ago, Namikan said:

I thought Woohoo Wellness wasn't relevant here at first, as I specifically checked on it before doing so, and Lumpinou stated on their site that their mod functionalities wasn't affecting WW functionalities... Turns out, it does!

EA vanilla game woohoo can also make sims pregnant along with the MCCC Woohoo Module and WW can't prevent them.

The general rule when using multiple pregnancy Mods is the setting should all be matched the same between all of them.

20 hours ago, Scorpio said:

EA vanilla game woohoo can also make sims pregnant along with the MCCC Woohoo Module and WW can't prevent them.

The general rule when using multiple pregnancy Mods is the setting should all be matched the same between all of them.

I disabled vanilla game woohoo with the WW settings, and my MCCC woohoo risk is set to 0 anyway. My sims only do WW sex interactions all the time.
But the issue isn't that she get pregnant, on the contrary it's that she couldn't.
I've posted on Lumpinou's discord channel as well, and found out that the whole RPO(woohoo wellness)'s fertility module completely overrides WW fertility system for me, not matter how my settings of both mods are.
This is rather odd, and even Lumpinou seems a bit lost regarding the issue.

Edited by Namikan
3 hours ago, Namikan said:

I've posted on Lumpinou's discord channel as well, and found out that the whole RPO(woohoo wellness)'s fertility module completely overrides WW fertility system for me, not matter how my settings of both mods are.
This is rather odd, and even Lumpinou seems a bit lost regarding the issue.

Using a third pregnancy Mod seems risky anyway but I never use the fertility system as it's a whole different animal.

In theory you should be able to turn off the WW fertility system then and just use Lumpino's to control it.

But that depends if it's working right or not.  

I don't use birth control or menstrual cycle but use WW simple mode instead with pregnancy disabled unless I want breeding so for me it's just On/Off. 

5 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Using a third pregnancy Mod seems risky anyway but I never use the fertility system as it's a whole different animal.

In theory you should be able to turn off the WW fertility system then and just use Lumpino's to control it.

But that depends if it's working right or not.  

I don't use birth control or menstrual cycle but use WW simple mode instead with pregnancy disabled unless I want breeding so for me it's just On/Off. 

The thing is, I want WW to be in charge, not RPO. I took RPO's fertility module only for it's birth control pill, that adds side effects from taking it, in comparison with WW's.
Basically, I made my sim use WW's pill, to prevent her from getting pregnant from WW's sex, but also made her use RPO birth control, at first only to have her have some side effects moodlets from time to time, without otherwise using any of RPO's rest of fertility system's interactions.
In their mod's page Lumpinou has explanations for users of both RPO and WW, stating that RPO fertility system doesn't affect fertility on WW's interactions, and explaining how to set WW depending on which one of the two mods we want in charge of fertility, etc.
Usually, the issue most players encounter is that they can't get RPO in charge, because they didn't set WW correctly. But for me, RPO is always in charge, no matter how I set WW.
Removing RPO's fertility module from my mods does solve the problem however and WW's pill works perfectly in fact. It was only RPO's pill that turned my sim's fertility to 0% for as long as she was taking it, once I made her stop it, WW's fertility returned to normal.

I'm currently discussing the issue on Lumpinou's discord channel and sent them screenshots of my testings.

It's the whole WW fertility system that is overwritten by RPO, but here are the screenshots I took from the issue with the pill, so you can understand better what I mean :

You can see her fertility awareness test result is 65% while she's not on birth control.
image.png.8f399ff468f64b6056d90d55e425927e.png

Then, you can now see in her traits that she's onto RPO's birth control (and also worth noting that she's not WW's pill at any time during that testing), and the fertility test result is 0%.

1223806121_Capture(13).PNG.32135ace2e016d4f25acc2dde1b90d7a.PNG

And after making her stop RPO's birth control, which you can notice disappeared from her traits, and the notification showing she did stop it, her fertility is back to 65%.

You can also see on all three pictures that the sim day is the same, and the time only has a short difference, which proves all of this happened at the same time (you can also see the actual time I ran this test on my laptop at the bottom right corner for extra proof XD).

1301670907_Capture(14).PNG.0e9f17a3bce707761514851a57a9bb40.PNG

Hope it made all of what I've explained so far more understandable.

I've run several testings under several circumstances and with different settings from both WW and RPO, but the most speaking one is also when I turned WW's menstrual cycle off and set fertility to 100%, but made my sim's RPO's fertility to 0 (basically infertile). I had her and a male sim have vaginal sex from WW, but her pregnancy test resulted negative regardless (and yes, I did have the pregnancy notification form WW during sex, so no problems here), which proves that RPO's fertility system did had effects over WW's sex interaction.

I'll keep an eye on Lumpinou's discord channel to see if anyone tests it and encounters the same behaviour or not.

53 minutes ago, Namikan said:

Hope it made all of what I've explained so far more understandable

Yes it helps.

Any idea if load order matters?

Generally speaking the last Mod loaded usually takes control but this one might be different.

I'd try to set WW to load last but it's just a crazy guess.

Her Discord Channel is definitely the place to get the best help though.    

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Any idea if load order matters?

Generally speaking the last Mod loaded usually takes control but this one might be different.

I'd try to set WW to load last but it's just a crazy guess.

I'm sorry I'm a bit lost here, what do you mean by "load order"? How can I see it? And how can I control it to have WW load last?

Oh, and on a side note, it was very unlikely that it could be caused by a third mod affecting those two, but just in case I've done some testings where I removed all other mods, except for MCCC, RPO, and WW. And I've done one where I removed MCCC as well. The issue still remained.

In then end, it's not much of a problem for me, I'll simply don't use RPO fertility module in my saves I want WW in charge. And if I ever want to use both for some saves and have RPO in charge, I'll know it's very easy for me to do so.

But at least it was good to notice it and let Lumpinou know about it, as this is a very unusual behaviour of the mod (or both mods? Dunno).
At first, having RPO's fertility system apply to WW interactions is supposed to involve manually applying buffs from RPO to sims after WW's sex. Just as stated on her site :

Capture.PNG.505eb8fcc30c073c579058bb8d875c19.PNG

54 minutes ago, Namikan said:

I'm sorry I'm a bit lost here, what do you mean by "load order"? How can I see it? And how can I control it to have WW load last?

Since you should have Woohoo Wellness in it's own named folder all you need to do is add a ! in front of the folder name to make it load before WW.

Provided you have a folder named WickedWhimsMod with the 2 WW files inside.

Unless you have a Mac then it's reversed.

42 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Since you should have Woohoo Wellness in it's own named folder all you need to do is add a ! in front of the folder name to make it load before WW.

Provided you have a folder named WickedWhimsMod with the 2 WW files inside.

Unless you have a Mac then it's reversed.

Thanks for the explanations, it's good to know. But seems like we just found out the final answer to this!

It was my bad for not having thought of it earlier... but I've only been testing with extremes settings (such as 100 and 0, or sims on the pill) and not with other fertility rates.
So, what I've just tested, and the results I got :
WW fertility = 95. RPO fertility = 1. Sim did got pregnant.
WW fertility = 1. RPO fertility = 99. Sim didn't got pregnant.

In conclusion, it seems like RPO fertility system doesn't suddenly completely impact on WW's interactions in the end.
However, RPO's pill and infertility are recognised by WW, and those two will very well impact on WW's interactions (even with WW setting checked to override game/mod pregnancy by the way). Which, was still a bit surprising to learn for Lumpinou, as she was aware her pill and infertile were recognised by Wonderful Whims, but didn't know it would also be by Wicked Whims, and also regarding of the override settings not actually overriding her mod.

Edited by Namikan