Droids of the Commonwealth - the Re-redux ?

41 minutes ago, Verina said:

I tend to push the mod limit, so I would like to know how many individual mods makes up your new project, and if they will be merged into a single EPS or ESM?

The structure is still the same. Each edition will be on it's own ESM. It's not "new" really. I'm working from the original ESMs, and rebuilding the structure of each as necessary.

Each subsequent ESM is mastered to every one that came before it. The addon ESPs are mastered to my ESMs and the plugin it is derived from, making whatever changes I felt

were necessary to bring it better in line with the theme of the overall mod.

The initial release package will contain the following:

Droids of the Commonwealth.esm

Droids of the Commonwealth - Thermal Edition.esm

Droids of the Commonwealth - Naval Edition.esm

DotC - Fort Hagan Town.esp (ESL flagged ESP requiring this mod)

DotC - Fort Strong Town.esp (ESL flagged ESP requiring this mod)

The final release for Droids will come later in Q4 2022 or Q1 2023.

I have the basics built for it already. It will require this mod. It's addon will also be an ESL flagged ESP.

After that I'll likely be moving on to modding Starfield ?

I guess I'll take this opportunity to drop another spoiler:

The Spire is out. I decided I didn't really like it as it resembled The Institute far too much for my liking.

So here's a hint toward where Droids is going post-Naval Edition:

Spoiler

20220708192035_1.jpg

? Shh.....

6 hours ago, Hallows-Slayer said:

So far do you have an estimated initial release date?

It's tentative, so no guarantees. At worst, it may be 1-2 extra weeks. I have an out of town job coming up that "could"

interfere with my target date.

3 hours ago, Soulshout said:

Are those vats-like/bacta tanks structures going to appear on this version like in A.S.I.A.?

I haven't used them in this mod, yet.

Though, I may use them in the final edition. It contains an abandoned research facility, and they'd fit into it pretty well.

I think they'll lend into the atmosphere of the cell better than they did in A.S.I.A.. Though you'll find many different things

in them this time around (other than just raider corpses).

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, XXThanatXX said:

is the mod still availible? cant find it on fallout4 download section?.... and welcome back:)

Currently still under reconstruction.

At present, I'm backfilling content to the base mod to extend into the later editions, as well as to whatever I add in the future.

Still need to go through Thermal and Naval editions to make sure I don't miss anything. Working out of town the first three

days of last week slowed things down quite a bit.

Trust me, you'll know when it releases ?

I took a little time to work on the next edition to break up the monotony. That work actually made me aware of the need

to backfill some content all the way back to the beginning. It's making for a much smoother transition from one edition to

the next. I'll post some screens when I'm a bit further along.

Here's a sneak peek at a very early piece of the final installment for Droids:

Lunar Edition

20220726163232_1.jpg

The brown texture you see on the horizon is gone. I painted the map well beyond

the playable area, raised the horizon just a bit, and then tapered down the back edge.

This is what all the backfilling is leading up to. I want the NPCs ready to just drop

in when the time comes. I'll be building multiple assets everywhere, along with

quite a unique transport system to get you here. Suffice to say, you WON'T be "flying"

here in any sort of craft. You also won't be able to survive on the surface without

some very specialized gear. So the door to the exterior will be inaccessible until

you equip it.

The entire exterior surface will be a warzone.

I've already placed several "minor skirmishes" to test with. ALL NPCs will be

"protected", and ONLY killable by the player. Their roaming area is currently set to

4096, so they already roam pretty far with just basic packaging and set to

opposing factions. The entire backstory that will lead you here will be laid

out on a series of terminals containing clues that 1: reveal the location and

your purpose for coming here, 2: point you to locations around The 

Commonwealth to collect the gear you'll need to survive here, and 3: to get

you to a sufficient skill level to take on it's content. These terminals are just

part of the content I'm backfilling to Naval Edition right now.

I'm planning out at least TWO dungeon crawls through which you will

collect various items which once combined, will give you access to a final

reward ability. "IF" you choose to use it ?

And yes, you can use it "at will". But with certain conditions. Enough

on that for now ?

Anyhoo, I have about 2 more weeks worth of stuff to hash out, with

at least 2-3 days out of town for work next week. So "soon-ish....."

So here's one last close-up before I clam up on this completely:

Spoiler

20220726163205_1.jpg

Okay.... ONE more..... but that's it. So stop pestering me ?

Spoiler

20220710161848_1.jpg

The last one is before I added the suit components. The rebreather mask no longer works here.

I'll return to this once I drop the initial revamped mod with it's first two editions in a few weeks.

There will be a LOT of ground to cover ?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

Mega hyped for this to be out again, i lost the previous one when hard drive went poof. 

Couple of questions if i may.  I had to redo my entire FO4 mod out and was wondering what to prepar for it.  CBBE? FG?  Survival mode ?

Survival mode is a must to use this mod.

The custom actor values depend on it. It's a technical issue. The other modes use a much faster timer which causes the custom actor values to decrease/increase far too fast. As of this release, the only body mod I'll officially support is the latest Fusion Girl body. Supporting multiple bodies is a pitfall I want to avoid this time around. It's too time consuming, and I'd rather spend that time working on the mod's content. However, a number of members here have expressed interest in supporting other popular bodies. So I'll be providing the Bodyslides for the FG body and armor pieces when I get them finished.

As for mod suggestions:

I'll at some point be posting my testing load order. It will consist of ONLY the confirmed compatible mods I'm currently testing with, along with some recommended mods to enhance the gameplay.

That said, I'm in Gainesville for work this week (again ?). So yet again, work is getting in my way of wrapping things up. I've avoided making plans for the coming weekend so I can hopefully get at least somewhat caught up.

Anyway, off to work. I'll post more info later this evening.

3 hours ago, Trykz said:

Survival mode is a must to use this mod

Thanks for the reply.  I had known survival was needed from the last one ,  would the survival tweaker mod make it incomplete? I use it to re enable saves when I want and fast travel and disable sleep, but it can also alter food/hunger/sleep timers.  I did also install the 3 other mods listed in previous posts ready ? Don't work too hard now ? 

7 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

Thanks for the reply.  I had known survival was needed from the last one ,  would the survival tweaker mod make it incomplete? I use it to re enable saves when I want and fast travel and disable sleep, but it can also alter food/hunger/sleep timers.  I did also install the 3 other mods listed in previous posts ready ? Don't work too hard now ? 

I can't say for sure, but not likely.

I use the survival config menu which does essentially the same stuff. Drop a link to the mod you mentioned and I'll have a look when I get home.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Iswearitwasntme said:

Does anyone still have the old ASIA files? If you could just sent a link with the files as the mod author said it is ok for private destribuition among users.

I know that the new mod is peding realease, but i will be extremly busy in september so time isnt realy a luxury.

No @Trykz pulled the ASIA sharing due to the eminent release of Driods .

• 2 weeks later...