Mouse = micro stuttering, Controller = SMOOTH! why?

Moving my mouse is giving micro stuttering and i am wondering why. I tried so many options from sao tweaks to mouse acceleration off to pre rendered frames, switching vsync between nvidia and sse display tweaks and some more to even tweaking my mouse's dpi and polling rate.

I decided to give the xbox controller a try and i could not believe my eyes. Butter smooth. 

So my mouse is either shit or i need to change some settings. Is there somebody that can help me with this issue? 

Edit: idk why or what causes this, but walking and looking around in Skyrim has never been this beautiful with a kbm. Both 3rd and 1st person. The controller just ELIMINATED ALL MY STUTTERING AND WEIRD ANNOYING HICK UPS. 

Here i thought oh it must be the texture overhaul like Skyrim2020. Nope. 

I downloaded the controller hotkey controlmap to assign hotkeys

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5682/?tab=posts&BH=2

Best thing about it, i can still use kbm hotkeys for skyui and sexlab.

I still prefer kbm, so im willing to hear the possible solution to fix it. Especially now i know how the game can really run. 

Edited by Inga Rasen

Give this mod a try until you figure it out. This makes life with a controller a 1000x better! It is very weird that using a controller fixes all your stuttering. Try turning your sensitivity all the way up on your controller and looking around, does this make stuttering come back? Does this happen everywhere or just in exterior cells? 

Try changing your ini files. I personally use this

There are several game engine limitations that can cause Skyrim to stutter. 

• The biggest one is simply running our of VRAM on your graphics card. SSE Display tweaks has a setting to turn on a on-screen display for performance metrics. I suggest you enable everything.
  •  
  • Skyrim SE is a directX 11 game and can only render so much. You can use ENB helper to see how many draw calls the game is making. Learn more
  •  
  • See if things improve by disabling your ENB in-game
  •  
  • Try disabling things like grass in-game. Use console command "  TG  " to turn grass on and off.
  •  
  • If you have a lot of mods that add things to the world but are not masters this could be causing issues. Learn more
  •  
  • Game will micro stutter for no reason if there are objects too far below the world. Learn more
7 hours ago, Demonwolf218 said:

Give this mod a try until you figure it out. This makes life with a controller a 1000x better! It is very weird that using a controller fixes all your stuttering. Try turning your sensitivity all the way up on your controller and looking around, does this make stuttering come back? Does this happen everywhere or just in exterior cells? 

Try changing your ini files. I personally use this

There are several game engine limitations that can cause Skyrim to stutter. 

• The biggest one is simply running our of VRAM on your graphics card. SSE Display tweaks has a setting to turn on a on-screen display for performance metrics. I suggest you enable everything.
  •  
  • Skyrim SE is a directX 11 game and can only render so much. You can use ENB helper to see how many draw calls the game is making. Learn more
  •  
  • See if things improve by disabling your ENB in-game
  •  
  • Try disabling things like grass in-game. Use console command "  TG  " to turn grass on and off.
  •  
  • If you have a lot of mods that add things to the world but are not masters this could be causing issues. Learn more
  •  
  • Game will micro stutter for no reason if there are objects too far below the world. Learn more

Thanks for the input switch, i will try it out. 

As for the rest of your reply, trust me i have tried and thought about it. But because the game runs butter smooth with controller, i am convinced it has nothing to do with vram or my mods. Gpu/cpu are running as they should. No bottleneck, no overheating. 

My mods are very limited with 150 plugins. No 4k textures and took 1k over 2k if possible. 

I think if mods or graphics/objects would cause stuttering, it would reflect the same issues with on a controller.  

It's the mouse. 

There is a setting that affects my mouse. It's like a switch from pre rendered frames, but after so many testing i cant figure it out. 

Tried ultra latency mode (off, normal and ultra) mixed with fullscreen to window mode. 

Tried limiter before and after in sse display tweaks. Tried it with nvidia and much much more.

The only other way to test is to connect an older mouse, but i don't have one atm. 

2 hours ago, Fotogen said:

Could be broken mouse. Mechanical error. nothing lasts forever.

Heh... I have a box full of old mice that verifies that statement. Wired mice especially. I've found over the years that their wiring fails at the mouse to cable junction. For me, it goes something like this

1) odd things happen (mouse occasionally moves (a few clicks) on its own if left idling, mouse-clicks (L, R, and Middle) don't always register, the wheel does similar to the first issue, movement sometimes acts erratically, ie its program response seems "off")

2) USB connection failures intermittently

3) USB connection failures routinely.

4) time for a new mouse.

3 hours ago, Fotogen said:

1. This: https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/215439774851080876/

2. Could be broken mouse. Mechanical error. nothing lasts forever.

Played like that all the time. Didn't do the trick. 

I also tried resetting the mouse to default values and lowering the sensitivity. 

I guess i need to get some old cheap mouse and see how it performs.