How to edit or combine skeleton branches or parts?

I don't have much experience editing skeletons.

Is it possible to just copy and replace the branches of the bones you want in nifskope to combine it with another skeleton of the features you want? Much like how it is to copy the branches of the meshes you want together to create a new outfit?

Or does this task require for both skeletons be imported, edited or reweighed or "blended" in blender 2.49b, and then exported?

I am looking either to make:

A Ragdoll's skeleton but with BB+BBB, wing and LAPF bone support.

Or a LAPF skeleton but with the Ragdoll's new weighting for better ragdolling.

95KB Skeletonbeast.nif 21KB Ragdoll's skeleton.nif 26KB Ragdoll's skeletonbeast.nif 95KB Skeleton.nif

Edited by Zaragorov

You want to merge the Skeletonbeast  nif with the Ragdoll's skeletonbeast nif ?  ( You don't need the other  skeletons. The LAPF skeleton and skeletonbeast are the same. So you do the skeletonbeast nif and  then create a copy and name it skeleton.nif.

You do it with Nifskope, copy Branch. !!!  But you do not copy it to the Scene Root.  The penis is connected this the pelvis, you copy the penis to the pelvis bone. Breast bones to Spine3. Butt bones to Pelvis bone.

The ragdoll beast skelly only with the lovers bones ( Breast, butt , Penis )

!!!!! Skeleton nif deteted  !!!! Wrong ragdoll !!!!  further down in my post is the corrected version.

No shoe bones for high heels or wing bones, pony, whip, ...

Edited by fejeena

Didn't realize I had the same skeleton for beast and non beast. How do I go about copying the bone from Ragdoll's skeleton to my skeleton to override them? I want all the features from the skeleton that's currently in my data/meshes/characters/_male folder: BB+BBB, Penis Bones for Lovers, wings, scaleable feet or whatever for high heels? It seems like a mess of nodes in a tree.

Also he supplied a beast skeleton in his mod that is different from his normal skeleton which I included in the original post. Is it just a difference in weight or something? It is 26KB as opposed to 21KB. Should I worry about afterwards trying to use the 26KB file for the beast skeleton copying as opposed to just combining these two attached below and just reusing it for the beast skeleton as well? What other things use that beast skeleton?

My _male skeleton.nif Ragdoll's _male skeleton.nif

The "My male skeleton" is the same as in the post above ; and it is no beast skeleton. both 21 kb, it is the same.    ( no tail = no beast skeleton )

The 26kb in your first post is the beast skeleton. 

And the ragdoll skeleton in the post above is the LAPF skeleton.

All reaces with tail use the beast skeleton, they don't work with the other skeleton without tail bones. It's like BBB body and missing breast bones, the tail will stretch all other the sceen.

But all races without a tail works with the beast skeleton without problems ,that's why  LAPF just use 2 beast skeletons, but one is named Skeleton.nif

And  with NifSkope you can not overwrite. When you copyBranch in the other nif you must delete the bones you don't want (the no ragdoll ) and then you have to fix all the broken connections.  All bones are "children form other Bones. Scene Root has only one child the "Bip01" bone, the Bip01 have child "Bip01 NonAccum" , and "Bip01 NonAccum" have child "Bip01 Pelvis",  and Pelvis have many children, tail, penis , pussy, spine , thigh ...   Yes very confusing.  And sometimes you can not Copy-paste bones if the connecting bones are not in the target nif.

---------------

I used the 26kb ragdoll skeleton and copied the LAPF bones in that skeleton.  I used my LAPF skeleton with ragdoll breasts, in your "MY male skeleton" are no ragdoll breasts.

You can copy all other bones from the LAPF skeleton into the ragdoll skeleton.  Check in the LAPF skeleton where you have to paste the bones. e.g. open the pelvis bone and see all the connected/added  bones  ( you see then in "Children"  )

Sorry, can't explain more now, I'm busy. If you have problems post again.  And I can not copy bones now, first I have to do a creature Mod (which might last until the weekend)

EDIT: my skeleton with ragdoll breast , the very old Lovers penis bones ( LoversDoctor and other outdated Mods ) and the floating weapon fix (a  small change in the hand bones )

fejeena skeletonbeast.nif

! but not the body and tail  ragdoll from the 26kb ragdoll nif  !

14 hours ago, Zaragorov said:

I don't have much experience editing skeletons.

Is it possible to just copy and replace the branches of the bones you want in nifskope to combine it with another skeleton of the features you want? Much like how it is to copy the branches of the meshes you want together to create a new outfit?

Or does this task require for both skeletons be imported, edited or reweighed or "blended" in blender 2.49b, and then exported?

I am looking either to make:

A Ragdoll's skeleton but with BB+BBB, wing and LAPF bone support.

Or a LAPF skeleton but with the Ragdoll's new weighting for better ragdolling.

95KB Skeletonbeast.nif 94.04 kB · 1 download 21KB Ragdoll's skeleton.nif 20.85 kB · 2 downloads 26KB Ragdoll's skeletonbeast.nif 25.64 kB · 1 download 95KB Skeleton.nif 94.04 kB · 1 download

just (in Nifskop) copy the branch with wings from one skeleton to the root (the bone on which that branch is) to the second skeleton and that's it.

By the way, almost any skeleton (for example, from Daz or MMD) can be exported from 3dsMax (though without rag blocks, but it will work without a ragdoll)

(Genesis 8 body from DAZ

daz.jpg

gw.jpeg

Edited by TDA

Some more bones:  now 74kb

26KB Ragdoll's skeletonbeast lovers2.nif

!! and updated  old skeleton. I messed up the breast ragdoll in my first post !! Delete the wrong and use this or the 74kb

26KB Ragdoll's skeletonbeast lovers.nif

32kb

----------------

Copie bones with ragdolls does not work with NifSkope .  You first have to delete the ragdoll Links and then Copy Branch works and you  paste in the other nif and then fix the Links.