Some Bodyslide/OutfitStudio help please?

I'm asking in this category because it seems the most active, because the FG conversion thread is in here and I use FG and because... I wouldn't know where else to do so. That and most concerned outfits are NSFW ;)

Using FG with physics and so on... I'd like to get properly layered clothing working, no clipping of armors through the "undersuits" and so on, question is how do I best go about it. I think I'd need to make my BS solution slightly "bigger" for armors (and devious devices of course), but how exactly do I do that? I haven't used Outfit Studio before, ran it a few times, but re-building every single instance seems a bit overcomplicated. I guess I'll need a separate BS preset for the "overclothes" and the "undersuit" each, the one slightly "bigger" than the other. Unfortunately there's no "bigger" slider in BS, and since it can opnly display one outfit at a time... I figured if I somehow could make one BS-preset that's just ever so slightly "bigger" than the other one, but otherwise shaped the same all clipping issues could be done away with, and I'd just have to batch-build the "overlay clothes" on the bigger preset.

Even if that doesn't work, I'd like to have a way to for instance wear a leotard over leggings, or a chastity belt over the panties... any help?

3 hours ago, Cornoholio said:

Even if that doesn't work, I'd like to have a way to for instance wear a leotard over leggings, or a chastity belt over the panties... any help?

This part I think is dependent on the slots used by the various items, so depending on who made these clothing mods they may or may not work, items from different mod packs tend to not work well together due to which slots they are assigned, for example a leotard from one mod may use one slot but a leotard from a different mod may use a completely different slot.

Consider switching to a model in which you use mashups instead of separate clothing pieces. There are a few things to consider.

1. If you have clothing which use the underarmor slots and wear armor over them, the game engine will automatically enlarge the armor to fit over the underarmor. Personally I dislike this as you lose control of how armor looks and fits. For this reason I use Unified Clothing Overhaul (UCO) which removes the undearmor slots from all vanilla clothing and thus eliminates that effect.

2. If you switch to mashups you can assemble shoes, stockings, pants, belts, jewelry, tops, jackets, backpacks, scarfs and whatever you want into one clothing item which you can build all together in one BodySlide file, guaranteeing control of how they fit over each other. You can control reference zaps as needed and can inflate/deflate whatever you want to fit over layers. I've been using mashups for years and am unlikely ever to switch to the old separate-piece methods. Mashups also let me give different BodySlide presets to different outfits, something I like a lot because some outfits look better on slim builds while others look better on curvy builds, or some outfits look better with breasts pushed together and others with them more natural. Mashups let you control everything about an ensemble that the traditional method could never pull off.

3. If you're using Fusion Girl with OCBPC this lets you assure that the only cloth physics bones are for cloth and not for the body. This is handy because the game engine does not allow two different types of cloth physics in an outfit. OCBPC grants a lot more flexibility on clothing combinations. Without it you'd have to separate the skirts into their own armor addon records which is more complicated and which requires combining BodySlide projects with FO4Edit.

If it sounds like I'm not really answering your question, Cornholio, it's probably because I'm not. I don't think you're asking the right question. I don't think what you wish to do is the best solution for yourself :) This said, if you do want to do it your way, you're just going to have to play around and accept that a lot of clothing items will never work together beautifully. You end up having to artificially inflate outer layers which makes them lose their shape and look less appealing (in my opinion, at least).

Edited by Karna5