No kinky selfie option

Hi, I sincerely hope I'm not polluting the forum with this. 

The issue is simple - I have no option to take a kinky selfie. My social networking skill is at 1, I have selfies on "high", and underwear option is also enabled. I read a bit through similar topics, but nothing I've done seems to work. I can select the modeling career from the debug menu, however I still cannot take a selfie. I'm playing on Build 409. Is this related to the unstability of the build or something?

5 hours ago, awfulone said:

Hi, I sincerely hope I'm not polluting the forum with this. 

The issue is simple - I have no option to take a kinky selfie. My social networking skill is at 1, I have selfies on "high", and underwear option is also enabled. I read a bit through similar topics, but nothing I've done seems to work. I can select the modeling career from the debug menu, however I still cannot take a selfie. I'm playing on Build 409. Is this related to the unstability of the build or something?

Have you tried increasing the exhibition level?  You can either watch the Kinky: Exhibitionist channel on a TV, or read the "Let 'em Look" book.  The book should be available in the library to read, or you can purchase it.

If you have just installed KinkyWorld either on an existing save, or by starting a new game, I have occasionally had some of the activities take some in game time before they showed in the pie menu and you might need to let the game run for a while.

I have also seen instances in some of the older builds, where I needed to save my game, quit the Sims entirely, then re-launch the Sims and load my save before a missing option was available.  However, I don't think I have seen this with build 409.

If you are seeing this on an existing save, try starting a new game/world and see if it's available.

Lastly, when installing mods, try deleting the below cache files before you start the Sims.  They will be recreated once you start the Sims.

compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
CASPartCache.package
socialCache.package

On Windows,, they can be found in C:\Users\TBD\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (where TBD is your Windows account name.)

Edited by zapotek2034
17 hours ago, awfulone said:

I have no option to take a kinky selfie

Do you have the University EP?

Luckily most people understand the words 'kinky selfie' means you have a problem with Kinky world. Other than that you give NO helpful info such as build versions and other pertinent information - It's one reason I stopped helping as much since I get tired of asking the same questions over and over. BTW - this last sentence is for everyone.

Edited by landess
12 hours ago, landess said:

Only used for the store and 'sharing' Showtime performers. I never bother with this one and it NEVER gets any bigger.

Thanks for that.  I had originally got the list of the cache files to delete from ModTheSims.

Although they do mention what each cache file is used for, I figured it would be easier to include all of them in a small batch file I run whenever I add a new mod, or update an existing one since it wouldn't hurt anything by doing so because they get recreated once the game starts.

Another way to increase your sim's exhibition skill is to have them go into a room by themself, and continually take off their top and bottom clothes from the kinky > exhibition menu, and then Get Dressed (buried near the end of the options on the main sim menu). Usually doing that for a short period will get your exhibition up to level 1.

Also, I currently don't have University installed, so I don't have the selfie option in my game right now, but I seem to recall there was something weird about where the option to take a kinky selfie was located, or possibly that was trying to find out how to send kinky selfies.

• 3 weeks later...

In order to Get the Kinky Selfie Option to appear you need the following Skills almost maxed out (I forget the actual level you need for each but you need all three) 

1. Exhibition 
  2. Photography Skill 
  3. Social Networking Skill 

it's on the pie menu but you click on an object couch, table, bed. I know it's only a few places the animations were done for it

I cheat and use MC to skill up Photography and Social Networking to max level and then I use KW Debug to get my exhibition high. I don't want to do all the things required for those skills just to use the Kinky selfie options 

Since the modeling career gets a little wonky and half the time the calls don't work or Peter doesn't show up it's just easier to cheat your way into it. 

I haven't used it in awhile so I might be missing something but that's about the most I can recall to get the feature running without all the leg work 

1 hour ago, madone22 said:

following Skills almost maxed out

Interesting as I've never taken Photography past 2 or 3 on any Sim ever.

Social Networking - never much past 5-6 - far from max as well.

I have used the Kinky Selfie as soon as the 'career' unlocked it at lvl 2 or 3 (I forget) but the other 2 skills were not any part of my experience in accessing that event (Kinky Selfie)  > Probably lvl 2 so lvl 3 gives the option for online shows using a computer on a desk with chair.

Still from what I've heard about the Sims and KW in general is players can have completely different issues depending on their set-up preferences.

Myself I have no pregnancy, aging is off, and I use NRaas Relativity to slow my game down by setting the speed to 9 instead of the default 'intervals'. I even turned on Aging once to do a test and wasn't able to replicate an issue others have. I also use all disks, no Origin (Shudder).

If Peter doesn't make it, it would be interesting to note the WORLD, and likely the lot location on that world since pathing and many things can upset the wonky scripts we have to work with. I was using Brooklyn Heights for the world I dedicated a 'Model' to and getting shoots wasn't an issue.

Screenshot-459.jpg.e194b8397dfbac75df7076b826e65db0.jpg

I guess I should add for anyone new - Kinky selfies are made to capture a shot from a masturbation event the Model Sim engages in using a specific piece of furniture. When selecting that furniture, one of the animation options may have 'Kinky Selfie' listed to the far right of that particular animations name.

This is not to be confused with taking selfies, which can also be partially or fully nude and have a KW setting to allow which kind of Selfie the player will take. The 'blob' (like paintings and photos/no image) created to save memory. The default portrait. Lastly the advanced selfie where the Sim strikes a pose and the player must take the shot.

I use this to remember - one takes a 'picture' and sends a 'photo'.

Edited by landess