How do I fix female stripping? (i.e. change the default equipment slot)?

This has annoyed me ever so slightly for months, but I'm only just thinking to ask about it:

I have AAF set to only strip the primary equipment slot. On males that's the torso, and it works fine. On females that's the torso and it works fine with vanilla outfits... But all the sexy/skimpy outfitsย  seem to have switched to using feet as the primary slot now. IceStorm, Vtaw, etc are all built around the boots taking up that role.

So when I trigger AAF with any of my companions only their shoes get stripped... I want the shoes left on. I can strip those manually... How do I set it up so that AAF is stripping the torso clothing on those modded outfits again?

You may already know this but I'll just type it out here for anyone else that is wondering.ย  AAF uses an .xml file where it can be defined what equipment is being stripped during a scene.ย  This file is located in the AAF mod folder \AAF\AAF_equipmentSetData.xml

The user can define the information in this file based on this documentation https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Biped_Slots

ย 

You can use this mod "Roggvir's No-Strip Items Manager" to define what you don't want stripped. I haven't tried it, and some care must be taken when using it according to the description.ย  So theoretically you could set slot 33 to not strip when using heels like you mentioned.ย  That's the only other method I'm aware of besides manually using the Home key and pressing the slash to remove something during a scene.

ย 

Edited by Marg597
7 hours ago, Marg597 said:

AAF uses an .xml file where it can be defined what equipment is being stripped during a scene.ย  This file is located in the AAF mod folder \AAF\AAF_equipmentSetData.xml

The user can define the information in this file based on this documentation https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Biped_Slots

ย 

Thanks for the reply, but how can I find out which biped slots a particular piece of clothing is occupying? Because this:

ย 

<condition isFemale="true">
            <unEquip bipedSlot="[U] Torso"/>
            <unEquip bipedSlot="[A] Torso"/>
        </condition>

ย 

Removes the shoes...

43 minutes ago, TheCaptn said:

ย 

Thanks for the reply, but how can I find out which biped slots a particular piece of clothing is occupying? Because this:

ย 

<condition isFemale="true">
            <unEquip bipedSlot="[U] Torso"/>
            <unEquip bipedSlot="[A] Torso"/>
        </condition>

ย 

Removes the shoes...

ย 

ย 

There are a couple of ways.ย 

The easiest is to look into xEdit and open just the armor mod you want to check out, and look at the slots in the Armor record, that will tell you what slot it takes up on your character.

ย 

Another way to do it, is if you use Complex Item Sorter, that can add the slots to the "name" of the armor that appears in game and that will show you immediately what slots something uses.ย  I don't use awkcr or armorsmith exitended, instead I use Equipment Crafting Overhaul (ECO) (which I highly recommend, by the way) so that's why I'm using Complex Item Sorter.ย  If you use awkcr I don't know enough about all of that to be able to tell you to try just the sorter, but maybe they can work together?ย  I don't see anything on the sorter's description page saying not to use it with awkcr.ย  If anything you ought to be able to use it to just patch in the slots and nothing else if you already have everything tagged via awkcr patches, this could just act as a patch on top of all of that.

ย 

The third option is that (if I recall correctly) one of the mcm's in one of the adult mods has an option to click and shows you the slots, but it's not that easy to read.ย  I can't remember which mod off the top of my head, but if someone else doesn't reply with the name by the time I get back to my keyboard I can dig it up.

3 hours ago, Marg597 said:

The third option is that (if I recall correctly) one of the mcm's in one of the adult mods has an option to click and shows you the slots, but it's not that easy to read.ย  I can't remember which mod off the top of my head, but if someone else doesn't reply with the name by the time I get back to my keyboard I can dig it up.

ย 

I can't remember which mod it was, I just went through most of my MCM settings, and I don't see it now.ย  Maybe I don't have it installed anymore.ย  I was pretty sure it was an adult mod, and you could click somewhere in the MCM and it would show you what you were wearing, but I remember it was hard to see because it popped up behind the MCM window.ย  Maybe @vaultbait can confirm what I'm talking about or tell me I was dreaming it.ย  ?

4 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I can't remember which mod it was, I just went through most of my MCM settings, and I don't see it now.ย  Maybe I don't have it installed anymore.ย  I was pretty sure it was an adult mod, and you could click somewhere in the MCM and it would show you what you were wearing, but I remember it was hard to see because it popped up behind the MCM window.ย  Maybe @vaultbait can confirm what I'm talking about or tell me I was dreaming it.ย  ?

ย 

It's in the Sliders page of the Rad Morphing Redux MCM.

16 hours ago, TheCaptn said:

This has annoyed me ever so slightly for months, but I'm only just thinking to ask about it:

I have AAF set to only strip the primary equipment slot. On males that's the torso, and it works fine. On females that's the torso and it works fine with vanilla outfits... But all the sexy/skimpy outfitsย  seem to have switched to using feet as the primary slot now. IceStorm, Vtaw, etc are all built around the boots taking up that role.

So when I trigger AAF with any of my companions only their shoes get stripped... I want the shoes left on. I can strip those manually... How do I set it up so that AAF is stripping the torso clothing on those modded outfits again?

ย 

Outfits which include shoes typically replace the full body. It's how Fallout 4 is designed to work, unfortunately. Outfits which include shoes, and that also goes for outfits which are only shoes, also incorporate a base body so that the toes/heels and other body parts can be "zapped" in order to hide them so they don't clip through the outfit mesh.

ย 

The workaround for separates, as you've discovered, is to make a full body outfit which is only wearing shoes, and then have all the other clothing items occupy non-body slots (and carefully adjust the meshes in order to avoid clipping). Since this isn't how vanilla outfits work, mixing and matching them with mod separates often leads to problems.

ย 

Your best bet is to choose the Max Compatibility stripping option in AAF's FOMOD installer menu so that it controls most of the biped slots occupied by modded clothing, and then explicitly whitelist the separate shoes you don't want stripped in a protectedEquipmentData set (check out the Nuka Ride mod archive for an example) or with something like Rogg No-Strip Items Manager.

Edited by vaultbait