FULL UNLOCKED version of "Hook 5" (released after ModsGarden went down.)

I've never had this error, but it would be interesting to know if you're using 7.5 or VX? Whether something was changed in the options manager, or something in the config files and whether you have the openstream_lua and opemstream_add.lua files in the binaries....

It would also be helpful if you included the H5 files with xGMM. Because when the files are taken back, changed files remain and you can see whether existing files have been changed. Because the game started correctly the first time...

8 hours ago, tkiller1 said:

Many thanks for the link. I downloaded and installed the files.

The game ran OK the first I ran it with the update but now I'm getting this error. Any idea what the issue is?

I've seen the error numerous times but I forget what the exact cause was.

It's not serious and nothing is broken, just out of place. I can't recall the cause in order to reproduce the error.

Try running in DX Mode w/o Hook to see if it goes away. If so, double-check your files & their placement.

17 hours ago, OysterMug said:

I've seen the error numerous times but I forget what the exact cause was.

It's not serious and nothing is broken, just out of place. I can't recall the cause in order to reproduce the error.

Try running in DX Mode w/o Hook to see if it goes away. If so, double-check your files & their placement.

It's OK - thanks - I found the issue.

It's the .txx files. I put them in the Addons folder, I'm not sure where they should go. Anyway I removed them and it seems to be working OK now.

On 2/15/2022 at 12:27 PM, tkiller1 said:

It's OK - thanks - I found the issue.

It's the .txx files. I put them in the Addons folder, I'm not sure where they should go. Anyway I removed them and it seems to be working OK now.

TXX files can go in the "Addons" folder, but do not place them inside a second folder. VX will automatically detect & extract the TXX for you.

If you use a Mod Manager like "JSGME", I wrote two utilities to simplify the process of automatically pre-extracting and creating the folder path/structure so you can install them properly.

I uploaded them here.

Edited by OysterMug
On 2/16/2022 at 1:31 AM, Vettness said:

Hello
I did not have good game quality after installing
What should I do?

Assuming you are running in "DirectX Mode" and you have a video card that supports DirectX-11, you are probably using the default unmodified "Main11.fx" file.

I've uploaded my own well-tweaked "Main11.fx" file (for use with H5 Unlocked) here. It should improve Hook's overall appearance (though you should tweak it to look/perform best on your own hardware.)

Edited by OysterMug
  • 4 months later...

Hi, first, a great thanks for share that gem ! Thanks a lot Oyster !

But...

I have a problem to work the physics hairs..... i just cant do anything ! I followed your instructions i found in your file. But nothing ! Also, in the note : " Physx and Hairworks note ", it's just write : " These require additional files not found in this archive. " (????)

I tried to put the file : " Hairwork binairies " in my " binairies files ", do nothing... 

Tried to put just the content dans Hook 11... nothing...

I tried to put the NvHairWorksDx11.win32.dll in my Win32... do nothing...

Tried to search into the forum, etc....... 

Anyway, i' m a noob, pardon me, i need your help, please, to install correctly otherwise everything else work... just that " physic hair " I can't get it to work despite my many attempts.

Also, I have physiX video driver installed ( as you see in my picture attached. )

So... PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!! And sorry for the inconvenience !

PhysX.jpg

Do you have these files and are they in the correct folder? Is your game version VX and hasn't HairPack400 been disabled in the Options Manager?

Info.jpg.81b896372693605e6a9ce4661279e28a.jpg

I uploaded them if not... In activemod are my favorites. Folders with meshes containing .apx files can be manipulated via the H5 GUI.

Not those with .RepX files - but I prefer them ?

And greetings to France ?

PhysX-Hair.7z

Ok so..... it works !!! Thank you so much to take time to responds me !!! And for fix my problems !!! It works !

Active mod folder was the good one !! There are so many physx hair files missing compared to what I have in the game list but i will found a way to fix that !

And... It just lacks the "sharedhookfiles" folder where the "bump" files are to have relief and to be able to change the colors but my brain understood the problem and was able to solve it on its own (except for H452 but I will fix it later . )

Anyway, so many thanks for your help and, yes, pardon my French.... i'm not very good at english speak... " Google Translate " is my friend.... and it's even worse when you have to speak and understand all these specific and technological terms towards this software.

Voilà...

Thanks again et Tour Eiffel greetings you, Cyberfriend !

P.S. And Thanks again & again a lot at Oyster for that precious gem !!! Enjoy everyone !!!!! Yee-hooooooooo !!!

Edited by Mr.Vagina
17 hours ago, Mr.Vagina said:

" These require additional files not found in this archive. " (????)

Sorry for any confusion.

The "files not found in this archive" simply refers to the PhysX drivers for your video card.

It's ok, Sir Oyster !!! Don't worry !

I am in any case confused in life, especially when it comes to logistic.... 

I progress slowly but surely ....

( Certainly. )

Anyway, thanks again for your generosity and Happy Hookie 5 !

• 2 months later...

Before you happened along, there were some who were hoping my "friend" would be so kind as to post a copy of H5 for download. It left him with the lasting impression that the only reason he was even invited to play was so that others could sit back and watch him and Hdiddy go at it (at the time, Hdiddy was hoping to keep Hook5 as a KE Exclusive). But my "friend" decided he probably had better things to do (or, so he says).

ADDENDUM: This was all on the old Discord server, of course. None of that is allowed to go on here.

Edited by Curtis_S
  • 9 months later...

Hello, i'm running the Game right now with the extended version and yes ,the diference in grapphics is abismal, however, I have noticed that a few rooms have gone completly DARK(PITCH BLACK) ,Even Open rooms like the park room, what can I do to bring ligth to dose DARK places?

Oh and also, the loading takes FOREVER to Open a any room, Even the customizer

An example of DARK places:1688360645104160403512449582599.thumb.jpg.11e952a3730121bc1ee08a2b1ba9e1ab.jpg

I'm afraid to go upstairs or to the Kitchen,,,,HEEELLPP

On 2/19/2022 at 7:57 AM, OysterMug said:

Assuming you are running in "DirectX Mode" and you have a video card that supports DirectX-11, you are probably using the default unmodified "Main11.fx" file.

I've uploaded my own well-tweaked "Main11.fx" file (for use with H5 Unlocked) here. It should improve Hook's overall appearance (though you should tweak it to look/perform best on your own hardware.)

I'm very sorry to say I can't find the " Main11.fx " from this given link, It says " The file you are trying to download is no longer available " Please help!?

7 hours ago, Elio81 said:

Hello, i'm running the Game right now with the extended version and yes ,the diference in grapphics is abismal, however, I have noticed that a few rooms have gone completly DARK(PITCH BLACK) ,Even Open rooms like the park room, what can I do to bring ligth to dose DARK places?

Oh and also, the loading takes FOREVER to Open a any room, Even the customizer

An example of DARK places:1688360645104160403512449582599.thumb.jpg.11e952a3730121bc1ee08a2b1ba9e1ab.jpg

I'm afraid to go upstairs or to the Kitchen,,,,HEEELLPP

Open the level definition file and set all lighting to false. once you are in game you can open the level definition file with F4 and turn on areas one by one. If you have a decent PC like mine I can only have a few areas lit at a time otherwise it overloads the GPU and creates that infinite slowness.

6 hours ago, powpow2011 said:

Open the level definition file and set all lighting to false. once you are in game you can open the level definition file with F4 and turn on areas one by one. If you have a decent PC like mine I can only have a few areas lit at a time otherwise it overloads the GPU and creates that infinite slowness.

Thanks For the advice(much apreciated), but when You Say " the level definition file" ,You mean the level definition of the specific room in the Addon's file, ir there a general one For every room in the Game? ,,,,,sorry to bother You again.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:08 AM, Elio81 said:

Are you using Hook 5?

The most common reason a room loads pitch black under H5 is b/c it has a Hook 4 "_level_definition.txt" file.

If this is the case, you'll need to convert it.

If it is only sections of a room that are too dark, you'll need to edit the LevDef file by hand.

Edited by OysterMug
On 7/3/2023 at 3:51 AM, Pagla Choda 2.0 said:

I'm very sorry to say I can't find the " Main11.fx " from this given link, It says " The file you are trying to download is no longer available " Please help!?

I reuploaded the latest version of my Main11.fx file (for unlocked H5) so the link should now work.

5 hours ago, OysterMug said:

Are you using Hook 5?

The most common reason a room loads pitch black under H5 is b/c it has a Hook 4 "_level_definition.txt" file.

If this is the case, you'll need to convert it.

If it is only sections of a room that are too dark, you'll need to edit the LevDef file by hand.

Many Thanks,,,,,,, justo two more questions:

1-Is there any solution For loading slownes, it takes FOREVER to load any room (Even the customizer).

2-Is there any way to convert all character's skins to 4x at once instead of one by one(because the slownes in loading rooms I mention before)

On 7/4/2023 at 1:29 PM, Elio81 said:

Many Thanks,,,,,,, justo two more questions:

1-Is there any solution For loading slownes, it takes FOREVER to load any room (Even the customizer).

2-Is there any way to convert all character's skins to 4x at once instead of one by one(because the slownes in loading rooms I mention before)

You don't mention your version of TK17, but if you're still using 7.5, you should upgrade to VX (which is much faster.) Old 7.5 contains a TON of abandoned & redundant scripts that makes everything take twice as long.

If you are using VX, the easiest way to speed things up is to disable as many Addons as possible. All those Addons take a long time to load. This is why using a "Mod Manager" like "JSGME" is extremely helpful.

To bulk-resize skin textures, you'll need a graphics program that lets you create custom batch scripts to do it for you (I don't know of any but I'm sure they're out there. Google "batch resize images" and you'll find lots of options.)

Re: My Main11.fx, it should work fine with ReShade (though I've never tried to use Hook 5 & ReShade at the same time.) There's nothing you can do in ReShade that H5 can't already do, so you're better off just editing the Main11.fx to create the look you want.

Edited by OysterMug