Glossy skin on armor.

encover

I edited my character mesh and texture files so my character will have the high gloss oily skin. but when I wear any armor the skin defaults to the gloss value of the mesh and ignores the alpha channels of the textures completely. I've been searching around and cannot find a solution or perhaps a tutorial to get the character skin to be oily on the armor as well. Can you guys point me in the right direction or perhaps give some advice on how can I go about doing this. Specifically I have the DMRA BBB armor replacers and it only contains meshes, no texture files (or I cannot seem to find it). So how do I edit the meshes so my character's skin will remain oily even when the armor is on?

I tried doing that and with no results. When I equip the armor, the head is still oily, but the body is just this weird gloss. Specifically I found the NiMaterialProperty Skin of the lower and upper body in the armor mesh and changed the values to match my character mesh. I also changed the texture paths for upper and lower body in the armor mesh to link with my custom race texture. After the two changes, there are no visible results. The armors I am trying to change have no texture files with it because it is just a DRMA BBB replacer. Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately that did not work as well. When I set the Ambient Color to black, the armor does look correctly in NifSkope, but when loaded in the game there is no changes. I have seen pictures of armors that have the skin oily and matches the head as well, there must be a way to do this.

For a test, try to copy one armor branch to one oily body part and see if the skin still looks ok.

I mean edit a piece of armor with skin, select the breast plate for example and copy entire branch. Open your upper body nif and copy the branch, see what it does.

always be sure to set the glossiness the same as well as the ambient, and difused color, and set specular, and emissive to all zeros.

i try to go with r .930 g .830 B .810 on ambient, and difuse color

then r 00000 g 00000 b 00000 's for specular, and Emissive.

set glossiness to 100

apha of course is just a setting, but alway 1.0000

these setting may not work, but mostly always does for me. but it may take some experimentation.

Archived