How do I install Hook 5?

On 2/8/2022 at 9:35 AM, Bedlam47 said:

How do I install Hook 5?  I have Klub17 VX.

Assuming you already downloaded it (Hook5 Free), simply place all of the files in the archive (two files & a folder) in yor "Binaries" folder. That's it.

You must launch VX in "Direct X Mode".

If you have the full/"paid" (now unlocked) version, you need at least all of the files in the following folders:

\! ! Hook5 Extended Unlocked\.        (you can skip the txt file.)
\! Hook5 Additional All in One\Lua binaries\.
\! Hook5 Additional All in One\PhysX binaries\.

Simply copy the contents of these folders to your game folder. If you previously used H5 Free, don't reuse your old "main11.fx" file (update as needed.)

"PhysX"/Moving hairs also requires you have the "PhysX" libraries installed by your video card driver along with the support files from the H5 archive.

Once you have everything working and you are comfortable using Hook, I HIGHLY recommend tweaking the "main11.fx" file for best results.

Edited by OysterMug
  • 4 months later...
14 hours ago, scottschaos said:

What about the StarterContent and the hook5_additional_allinone zip files?

The "StarterContent" archive is simply a bunch of standard H5 activemod folders for people who don't already have any rooms/clothing/etc that support H5.

I'm not sure what the "allinone" archive is, but I suspect it's more of the same. Neither are necessary to get H5-Unlocked working.