HD-2k-looksmenu-LMCC.... I'm terribly confused, a bit of help?

Sooo... I have a bit of a pickle here. I am using adequatly-sized textures already for both face and body, thanks to the awesome FSM texture re-upload, but the LMCC-specific face addons, all those lovely included ones, won't show up ingame, neither on the face nor on the menus. My conclusion would be that I somehow fucked up my 2k-face-setup. I had it working a year ago on ly last start into modding FO4, but since then Nexus has turned into the shitfest we all know it is now, and I'm propably missing some parts or patches, or (more likely, hehe) simply fucked up my dependencies.

Having a working vanilla setup here's what I did:

I started with Real HD Face Textures 2k and then added LMCC and the LMCC 2k face textures - to no avail. All tattoos, makeups etc. pp. that I use are in 2k and above... while I'm reasonalby sure I didn't fuckup, if anyone could give me a quick rundown how to get it to work as to actually see my game like the lovely sample picture I attached (from the LMCC modpage) I'd be very damn grateful.

Unbenannasdfyxft.png

I even found these 20 presets that use almost my exact setup - still no bloody success. Bloody hell.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Thanks to the .ba2 version of the LMCC on the Nexus (which I'd not recommend since it's missing quite a few of the options of the original) I now know that the rest of my setup is fine and working: skin, tats, makeup, all set up correctly as I thought. What I do need is the proper way to get it slotted into place now. Last time I had this going I ragequit and installed 1k for all and gave LMCC the finger... not this time.

I want a working LMCC and HD face, and if it takes bloody hours.

1. Which files do I actually need?

The LMCC itself, obviously, and the LMCC 2k Face Textures. The latter require RealHD mod...since I have verified HD face textures that work I'llonly need the RealHD Main File.

If anyone sees a logical error in that please tell me, I for one don't.

2. Load-order...

First the solo LMCC, which should load after my face texture (same as before, so it's fine.).

Then the RealHD Main file, as well as the "missed files" from its page and its Far Harbor update, same load order, before the last LMCC file, the 2K face textures, for as the author says those require RealHD. Here's my first cincher: his file description says they require the "Real HD Face Textures 2k" and not only the main files. The Real HD site however insists that you don't need the face textures if you already have a HD/2k Face texture installed - which I do. Well, trial and error propably.

Finally in with the LMCC 2K Face Textures. Those are overlays, so I let them run over my actual face textures (FSM/Valkyr). If anyone can help me find the logic or show me an error I'm making please, go ahead.

I'll report back.

Finally... it works as it's supposed to do. One day I'll type that shit up as a manual.

Edited by Cornoholio
typo.
  • 5 months later...

Back to my own toppic, the sdame thing I got to work apparently won't work now. This shit is utterly infuriating, it drives me up the wall! The captive tattoos in 2K from LL work, the LMCC overlays don't. My face tex is 2k, verified and tested. THbrows are invisible as well, despite my textures being correct. Argh, I am close to putting my fist through my monitor here, why the HELL won't this shite work? Last time I must have somehow stunbled on the right combo, this time it eludes me. fuck, I hate this shit and need to vent.

man-smashes-mechanical-computer-keyboard

Why is this shit so inconsistent? LMCC and its various spawn from hell apparently depends on load order to such a degree that LOOT won't cut it, and since every mod involved tells you something contradictory and different it's utterly hit and miss. Either you get lucky and arrange it all by coincidence in the right order, or it does not fucking work.

Edited by Cornoholio

I don't know specifically what's impeding your success, Cornoholio, but I use the same setup as you (8k FSM body textures with Natural 2k Face textures (Natural 2K Face Textures at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)) and LMCC with 2k textures.

For tattoos and pubic overlays I use:

- Captive Tattoos

- Render Tattoos

- Tattoos Collection by Dreivor

- "Additional Pubic Hair overlays" (LooksMenu - Additional Pubic Hair Overlays at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com))

- Pubes Forever (LooksMenu - Pubes Forever (Fallout 4 Edition) at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com))

The reason I mention which tattoos and pubic hair overlays I use is I found some of the others clobber my LMCC. They make other overlays including captive tattoos simply not show up.

There's a good chance something is clobbering your LMCC. I suggest you uninstall all pubic hair and tattoo overlays (except the ones I mention above which I know are safe) and then re-add them one at a time to see if you can identify what's clobbering your LMCC.

Nah, my problem isn't finding assets, its mmuch more confusing than that. Ot's the assets of LMCC itself.

I have installed some various tattoos and overlays, of course in 2k like my chars face texture. Let's use the "captive tattoos" from this very website for example. I checked my files, installed them in the fitting 2K, they work just fine ingame. I had a look into the usual folder,

/steam/steamapps/common/fallout4/date/textures/actors/character/Character assets/face details. Looks like this:

rage.png

There's the folders of LMCCs integrated overlays, right next to the working captive tats (that's the slavetats folder). The files in there are the exact same resolution as the ones in the working areas and as my face texture. THbrows won't show up either, the same trouble. The assets are there and they are all in order., but ingame looksmenu won't have them showing up.

Found this:

The issue must be deeper than just LMCC being ***ed up, after all THbrows has the same trouble.

I'll try these two methods next.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/95505-thbrows-and-lmcc-stopped-working-after-11075-patch/?do=findComment&comment=2175913

According to him it was in the nexus-version of Dickys Pinup Outfits that something conflicted with LMCC... I had that running, so I'll turn it off and take a look.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/104482-looksmenu-customization-compendium-conflict/?do=findComment&comment=3551034

According to this other dude with the same trouble it was in the F4EE.ini

f4se.png

I changed the values in there, especially those 2 resolution values for the tintmasks were at 1024 for some reason. My face texture is at 2048, and it says in there to make those match...

I will report back whether that did anything.

Don't forget to proof read each non-working overlay mod has its necessary files in:

Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Overlays

The installation process should be putting stuff in the F4EE directory, and if those files are missing LooksMenu won't show them.

3 hours ago, Karna5 said:

Don't forget to proof read each non-working overlay mod has its necessary files in:

Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Overlays

The installation process should be putting stuff in the F4EE directory, and if those files are missing LooksMenu won't show them.

Unbenaasdnnt.png

Well, damn me! They ain't in there, now how on earth did that happen? I suppose .jsons go in there, where the devil do I find those? There's no THbrows either, that explains that.

Edit

I manually unpacked both:

Looks Menu Customization Compendium-24830-v10.rar and LMCC 2k Face Textures-24830-v10.rar

Neither contain any .jsons that go in there. The other mods that work all do, but the only thing related to LMCC in there is haircolors.json, and that's in a different folder. Any ideas? From as far as I can see - there is nothing in the installer data to put in there!

Edit

I tried the

2K LooksMenu Customization Compendium ba2 on nexus, that one has the opposite results...kinda. It shows me the options, but none of them actually appear in game.

Checked my folders, and behold:

asdf.png

Those folders, as far as related to LMCC, inside look like this:

Unbenanasdasdasdnt.png

Well, nothing to display, is there. Or is it as a BA archive stored somewhere else? FFS, it looks like each part does half the bloody job. Well... I'll backup the facedetails folder as is, and then unpack the one from the non-BA2-version, and stuff that shit in there manually. I'll report back what that does, until next time.

At least I got a goodlooking body, face and skin with working physics and so on this time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damn me, that did the trick! And without any realHD-nonsense either!

man-smashes-mechanical-computer-keyboard

The scar from the first post, it's bloody well working! ?

Here's the deal if you want my solution: 

From the outset I have zero non-2k textures for my character installed. I am running FSM body- and face-textures for 2K, nothing else. Mixing resolutions leads to brown-face-bug, no way around that.

Install Looksmenu. The bog-standard one. No samples, nothing else, just the standard file.

Install the BA2 version

That'll arrange the F4EE-stuff without hassle that's missing in the nonBA2-version. Unfortunately this one lacks the facedetail assets, so those you get from the normal LMCC download. I used the option with RealHD-face that the author recommends. All the realHD-assets are included there, you need nothing else.

You are still missing the facedetails-assets as I wrote above, those we fetch from the non-BA2 LMCC. Here we need the main file and the 2k assets.

Download and unzip both to a location of your choice and fortitude, navigate to its facedetails-folder (textures/actors/character/characterassets/facedetails) and copy everything in there.

Go to the facedetails-folder of your installation, and paste all that in there. Integrate every folder and don't overwrite anything. Result (at least for me) was as seen above working 2k LMCC assets and menus.

This mod is an utter primadonna, I have no idea why this workaround was even needed. I knce before got it to work without this whole shebang, and without the BA2-version, but this way it actually does its job. I still hate the fact that I don't see a clear path to actually repeat this logically.

Edited by Cornoholio

*Nods* The only reason I know about that directory being important is last year I was trouble shooting a problem where the captive tattoos stopped working, and I eventually figured out something was going wrong with the installation, and those files weren't going where they belonged. I never figured out why they weren't installing right, but I just manually put the files where they were needed to fix the problem, and that worked. Good luck! :)