How can i turn my char a follower?

Deedlit

Idk if the right section to post, but lemme know if need move to right one (point me that, please). After saying that lemme continue:

i wanna turn some chars of mine like follower , never made that so i need advices / explanations how do that. i wanna turn that char at attach and some others follower so anyone wich dnt havent unpb body can also use that for what wanna. Ty all for helping with that.

(got 3ds max, ck, gimp and photoshop here if need use for that).

*edited, old pics i dnt havent that chars anymore, disk got broken, redoing chars.

post-19248-0-59233300-1371690114_thumb.jpg

post-19248-0-03626300-1371691240_thumb.jpg

post-19248-0-66659100-1371691254_thumb.jpg

post-19248-0-10308000-1371696995_thumb.jpg

Good news! All you need is the game and the Creation Kit. Follow these steps:

1. Launch the game and load a saved game with the character whose face you want to use
2. Open the console with tilde (~ button, left of the 1/! key) and type spf followed by the name of the file you want your characters' face file to be named (for example, if I wanted to name my file Fiore, I would type spf Fiore), then press enter. This will save a file in the Skyrim main folder with the name you've chosen for your file in game, with the file extention .npc. (In my example, the file would be named Fiore.npc)
3. Open up the Creation Kit, load any custom character .esp and the main Skyrim.esm (you could also include any mod that you want to use materials from)
4. Once everything is loaded, open the NPC details window and go to the Character Gen Parts tab
5. Press the Import button and select the face file of your character you've saved before to the Skyrim main folder. Once imported, you'll see that the face of your follower NPC will now have the face of your player character!
All that's left now is to customize your new companion with hair, clothes and makeup, as well as any base stats or inventory items you'd want them to carry. When you're done, give your NPC a unique ID so you can find him/her in the CK. Drop the NPC into the world at a location of your choosing for interaction and recruitment. I'm assuming you already know how to script companions with follower factions since you only asked how to make your PC an NPC, but if you're unsure of any of the steps just let me know and I'll walk you though it.
Hope this helps!

1. Launch the game and load a saved game with the character whose face you want to use
2. Open the console with tilde (~ button, left of the 1/! key) and type spf followed by the name of the file you want your characters' face file to be named (for example, if I wanted to name my file Fiore, I would type spf Fiore), then press enter. This will save a file in the Skyrim main folder with the name you've chosen for your file in game, with the file extention .npc. (In my example, the file would be named Fiore.npc)
3. Open up the Creation Kit, load any custom character .esp and the main Skyrim.esm (you could also include any mod that you want to use materials from)
4. Once everything is loaded, open the NPC details window and go to the Character Gen Parts tab
5. Press the Import button and select the face file of your character you've saved before to the Skyrim main folder. Once imported, you'll see that the face of your follower NPC will now have the face of your player character!
All that's left now is to customize your new companion with hair, clothes and makeup, as well as any base stats or inventory items you'd want them to carry. When you're done, give your NPC a unique ID so you can find him/her in the CK. Drop the NPC into the world at a location of your choosing for interaction and recruitment. I'm assuming you already know how to script companions with follower factions since you only asked how to make your PC an NPC, but if you're unsure of any of the steps just let me know and I'll walk you though it.
Hope this helps!

This is a great method!  Thank you!

Now I'm curious if there is a way to swap between characters in-game.  It would be nice if I could have several characters made that all exist in the same 'world', with a spell or something that puts me in control of one or the other.  While going out adventuring playing more than one at a time would be too much of a pain, it would be very cool if there were a way to play multiple characters/builds all within the same 'world.' 

Does anyone know if such a thing exists anywhere?  Or is it better to only play as one character per game?

This is a great method!  Thank you!

Now I'm curious if there is a way to swap between characters in-game.  It would be nice if I could have several characters made that all exist in the same 'world', with a spell or something that puts me in control of one or the other.  While going out adventuring playing more than one at a time would be too much of a pain, it would be very cool if there were a way to play multiple characters/builds all within the same 'world.' 

Does anyone know if such a thing exists anywhere?  Or is it better to only play as one character per game?

You're entirely welcome!  :)

Something I've personally done with my player characters is copy their likenesses and create two NPC's out of them in an .esp plugin and hide them in the world for the other character to meet. My strong Nord can rescue my beautiful Breton, and my beautiful Breton can run into my strong Nord. That way, when I play one or the other, the second character follows close behind and continues each story in separate saves. Even though it doesn't necessarily make both stories progress at the same time, it's still lots of fun! Sadly, that's about as close as you can get to meeting your other character(s).

If you want to do the same, copy all of your characters' face data and import them into the same .esp so that they all load no matter which save you use. Yes, you'll run into a doppelganger of each character you play, but you can choose to place each follower in separate areas to avoid the awkwardness, it's totally up to you! Just make sure to add each to the follower and (if you want to marry them) add them to the potential marriage faction. 

Have fun! Make beautiful babies! (By adopting them of course! lol)

Hope this helps!

sorry long delay to answer, bussines trip / tired, but really thanks that helped alot.

• 7 months later...

Hope this helps!

Nuclear-Mind-Blown.jpg

I've got a question. How do u export the other non vanilla face gen from mods like chargen? If  I do this all I get is the same vanilla morphs but none of the chargen morphs get saved even if I load in all the mods in CK. :7 Or that's impossible with ck?

I've got a question. How do u export the other non vanilla face gen from mods like chargen? If  I do this all I get is the same vanilla morphs but none of the chargen morphs get saved even if I load in all the mods in CK. :7 Or that's impossible with ck?

I have the same problem.

• 1 year later...

^There is a mod for this. Its called "Play as anyone" or ... something like that... you use a spell to take over anyone and anything, abandoning your original character. Then you can play out your game as that person/character/animal. When you are done, you can switch back to your original character.

I'm sorry I can't remember what its called right now.

• 3 years later...
On 6/23/2013 at 7:01 AM, Stratovarius said:

Hope this helps!

The most pure and shinning gold! TVM!

Archived