Arachne Race - Project thread

21 hours ago, faenthir69 said:

Hey I've been trying to do something similar but with mounts and chaurus instead! Couldn't figure out how to preserve anims for both creatures. Tell me your secrets! I'd love to work on this! :O

animations so far we are at a hard rocky pass

currently we are using a modified skeleton of the centaur race and adapting it to the new body , youd have to re-rig for that and then tether animations to it if i understand it correctly 

On 7/16/2022 at 6:49 PM, duzellx said:

animations so far we are at a hard rocky pass

currently we are using a modified skeleton of the centaur race and adapting it to the new body , youd have to re-rig for that and then tether animations to it if i understand it correctly 

I made an attempt at repositioning the rig to fit a chaurus in Blender with niftools but now I have no idea how to weight it or export it, usually do that in outfitstudio. Not super experienced with blender but my import doesn't recognize them as actual bones so I don't know if applying weights there is even possible. I noticed a few of the bones get renamed 'capsule.000' etc when imported into blender too. Any idea how to avoid that? Are you guys doing this another way?

Nevermind I think I figured it out, mashed it with a chaurus skele in nifkope.  Lines up pretty good in the CK except for the head...
 image.png.cb2c2c1a177013fe7e215a8a08c9d278.png

The only bone I moved around was Horse_COM to get the chaurus skele in the right place as its pelvis bone transforms were being weird for me. Moving Horse_COM does seem to move the head around but they don't appear to be linked at all in nifskope as far as I can tell. Yall run into anything like this?

Edited by faenthir69
On 7/16/2022 at 4:52 PM, faenthir69 said:

I made an attempt at repositioning the rig to fit a chaurus in Blender with niftools but now I have no idea how to weight it or export it, usually do that in outfitstudio. Not super experienced with blender but my import doesn't recognize them as actual bones so I don't know if applying weights there is even possible. I noticed a few of the bones get renamed 'capsule.000' etc when imported into blender too. Any idea how to avoid that? Are you guys doing this another way?

Nevermind I think I figured it out, mashed it with a chaurus skele in nifkope.  Lines up pretty good in the CK except for the head...
 image.png.cb2c2c1a177013fe7e215a8a08c9d278.png

The only bone I moved around was Horse_COM to get the chaurus skele in the right place as its pelvis bone transforms were being weird for me. Moving Horse_COM does seem to move the head around but they don't appear to be linked at all in nifskope as far as I can tell. Yall run into anything like this?

currently we were experimenting with different rigs and bodies and trying to tie animations that preexisted, , i recall we had to remove residual lower half human parts in nifscope  but dont recall issues with the head

On 7/19/2022 at 4:52 AM, duzellx said:

currently we were experimenting with different rigs and bodies and trying to tie animations that preexisted, , i recall we had to remove residual lower half human parts in nifscope  but dont recall issues with the head

Turns out it was the head bone for the chaurus sharing a name with the human one causing the problem, deleted it since it was unneeded and problem solved.
 Oooh didn't know if pre-existing anims could work, what's been your process on tying those? Jumping between so many tutorials I have no idea which are actually helpful in this case lol. Can't work out how the skeleton.hkx is created from the new skeleton nif either. Did you guys manage that?

23 hours ago, faenthir69 said:

Turns out it was the head bone for the chaurus sharing a name with the human one causing the problem, deleted it since it was unneeded and problem solved.
 Oooh didn't know if pre-existing anims could work, what's been your process on tying those? Jumping between so many tutorials I have no idea which are actually helpful in this case lol. Can't work out how the skeleton.hkx is created from the new skeleton nif either. Did you guys manage that?

sadly i have no animation experience and its been themaggot doing the heavy lifting on redoing the bones and trying to apply animations and further retool the skeleton

so i dont know what they are using specifically, i know ive supplied and checked against some mesh to animation that seemed viable but maggots been busy on other projects 

23 hours ago, faenthir69 said:

here is the current WIP that was last worked on, i know maggot has a more developed version but i never got it sadly, if youd like to play with it here it is

as Im hoping this grows to a community project, as i myself dont have the knowhow beyond debug,test and fixes that i can offer 

initially the skeletons issues dropped torso down but with racemenu and some nif tweaks i recalled i fixed that , not sure if this version ahs the fixes and minor animations applied 

489830_20220128212110_1.png.38c50f728651ea1d49c0fba196847ae2.png

prior with fixes

spine length 2.pngspine length 1.pngadjusted spine length.png

the leg residuales were removed on maggots version 

we were trying to look at Liants setup to see if we could adapt it to this better 

See the source image

See the source image

Arachne Race WIP.rar

2 hours ago, duzellx said:

here is the current WIP that was last worked on, i know maggot has a more developed version but i never got it sadly, if youd like to play with it here it is

as Im hoping this grows to a community project, as i myself dont have the knowhow beyond debug,test and fixes that i can offer 

initially the skeletons issues dropped torso down but with racemenu and some nif tweaks i recalled i fixed that , not sure if this version ahs the fixes and minor animations applied 

prior with fixes

we were trying to look at Liants setup to see if we could adapt it to this better 

See the source image

See the source image

Arachne Race WIP.rar 2.86 MB · 0 downloads

Sorry to disappoint everybody especially you Duzellx, but i don't have a newer version of the Arachne race yet. I been doing other mods... and also i been struggling to rig the human with the spider because I'm testing the Female Creatures Reworked plus the liant to see if i can combine both and then add a skeleton to it but I'm just crashing the game. :(

Arachne wip2.PNG

Still, I haven't give up just need to understand more about meshes with skeleton i have only done the later and the race is still static in movement but that chaurus race you added animation to it right? @faenthir69

Edited by That_Maggot
20 hours ago, That_Maggot said:

Sorry to disappoint everybody especially you Duzellx, but i don't have a newer version of the Arachne race yet. I been doing other mods... and also i been struggling to rig the human with the spider because I'm testing the Female Creatures Reworked plus the liant to see if i can combine both and then add a skeleton to it but I'm just crashing the game. :(

Arachne wip2.PNG

Still, I haven't give up just need to understand more about meshes with skeleton i have only done the later and the race is still static in movement but that chaurus race you added animation to it right? @faenthir69

Sadly no, my old chaurus build is running as a mount and just uses the horse riding animations. I made some custom ones for the human half but couldn't figure out how to only apply them when using that specific mount as it changed it for horses too :( that was all done a while ago so I gotta remember all the animation stuff again.
Looking at the files in the wip I'm kinda at the same stage with my chaurus race build minus the CK headpart stuff as mine is using the centaur assets while I test. That and the skeleton.hkx behaviour graph thing. Not really sure how to export the nif to xml and then to hkx and have it formatted correctly. I think I have all the software required I'm just struggling with hkxcmd at the moment.

News! Good and bad! I've been digging around trying to find a way to get the skeleton.hkx prepped. I looked at the wip you posted and noticed yours is a rename of the centaurs right now. I tried manually editing the centaur one, converting so many xmls and throwing the new bones in but I got halfway through and all the numbers kicked my ass >.>''. BUT. There is another way. I joined the Arcane University discord for more info.image.png.18692c3ec4235a00a2db81ab5a756d27.png

A shred of hope! That's the good news. Here's the bad news.

image.png.659bc4f6cbac03e0b24a9d68053bf949.png
We might have to wait a while unfortunately unless there's a guide out there I'm just not finding.

On 7/21/2022 at 1:48 PM, That_Maggot said:

Arachne wip2.PNG

im not disappointed , you took this beyond were i could maggot xD  all i get are issues every time i try tweaking it and game crashes myself . 

also, that looks pretty neat, have to see if spider textures will apply on that lower mesh :open_mouth: 

17 hours ago, faenthir69 said:

News! Good and bad! I've been digging around trying to find a way to get the skeleton.hkx prepped. I looked at the wip you posted and noticed yours is a rename of the centaurs right now. I tried manually editing the centaur one, converting so many xmls and throwing the new bones in but I got halfway through and all the numbers kicked my ass >.>''. BUT. There is another way. I joined the Arcane University discord for more info.image.png.18692c3ec4235a00a2db81ab5a756d27.png

A shred of hope! That's the good news. Here's the bad news.

image.png.659bc4f6cbac03e0b24a9d68053bf949.png
We might have to wait a while unfortunately unless there's a guide out there I'm just not finding.

neat

the centaur race was an adaption of an older aplha mod  oldrim side, that i was granted permissions to work on , maggot helped fix the final issues id been struggling with for a while xD

so in this case we are using a oldrim -> skryime (se/ae) adapted setup to further re rig and adapt , if a generic setup rigging could be easily applied , others would have done it sadly, this just grants the most plausible possibility of working was my hope xD 

its not like oblivion which had spider centaur daedras that we could have piggybacked on 

See the source imageSee the source imagelatest?cb=20150902144553

• duzellx changed the title to Arachne Race - Project thread
  • 1 month later...
On 7/21/2022 at 8:48 PM, duzellx said:

prior with fixes

See the source image

See the source image

Arachne Race WIP.rar 2.86 MB · 16 downloads

Hi, i'm interested in this project, as i've been looking into how to make "new skeletons" for the game. I'm currently trying to find informations on how to make  a new skeleton.hkx file for a customised skeleton.

On 8/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, Bystander01 said:

Hi, i'm interested in this project, as i've been looking into how to make "new skeletons" for the game. I'm currently trying to find informations on how to make  a new skeleton.hkx file for a customised skeleton.

well this one is available and free to use , problem is it needs animation custom re-rigged , we are using the ones from my centaur race mod thats here + nexus 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/23/2022 at 3:32 PM, Rex Dark said:

Could be interesting, and even somewhat lore friendly too, since Spider Daedra are a thing.

And for some reason, the first thing I thought of was doing a Kumo Desu Ga playthrough, though that would probably need some other mods.

looking at the model reminds me of the Dark Souls boss, can't remember the name cause its hard pronounce but that boss had a similar design, part lava spitting Spider and upper half a beautiful woman that everyone tries to view.

*Come Comrades let us journey into battl----e*
(His friends looking at her with binoculars)
Are you F-ing kidding me?!