Arachne Race - Project thread

thought to inquire about if an Arachne race was something others might be interested in.

in testing it would look something like this 

See the source image

at this time it's just a concept but given the centaur race se not only works and now provides a Resource for doing this type of race 

the centaur se resources, lets you pull an upper half from you default body and applies it connect into a lower half mesh. the lowerhalf pulls animations from the horse animations tied to front legs position, however, this methodology could be done on anything, if animations were created to couple for it and utilizing the skeleton already provided

(im not the best animation development) 

Here are the initial test images I did with a static frostbite spider mesh hooked in (spider is obviously too small, mesh needs to be larger to hook into upper half better and the lower half requires animation hookups of frostbite spider, this is still using horse animation for lower so its static , but i was curious about this so made a test rig

this does show IMO the possibilities for use of the centaur resource to expand and add many new race types, for those that are interested or would like to develop their own race the resource is open use (just needs credits)

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

Edited by duzellx
rename
21 hours ago, Rex Dark said:

Could be interesting, and even somewhat lore friendly too, since Spider Daedra are a thing.

And for some reason, the first thing I thought of was doing a Kumo Desu Ga playthrough, though that would probably need some other mods.

LOL

5 hours ago, Z The Destroyer said:

two ideas come to mind especially since they're in oblivion and eso

081.png.12266b46bfa231a2663289d456a3aaea.pngNaluroen_Full.webp.7c356fbf2eb9ffdec8a1b8edda18a731.webp

yes but sadly its easy to rig through an existing spider head 

Im thinking using the larger spider mesh and try to figure out an animation rigging 

if one could get the meshes for the eso arachne and animations it might be easier to rig them in? 

4 hours ago, Rex Dark said:

Using the spiders from the Dragonborn DLC would be kind of like throwing your own children.

me and the maggot are investigating some possible setups

Currently the maggot is running some tests on a possible one 

2 hours ago, twillinator1 said:

we did look at that mod and a few others but was a no go animation wise , also he way the body merged into the spider didnt look right , id does a weird curve up 

however using this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13261

the maggot is currently running a test setup (img below)

for extra eyes its really based to your normal body setups , so  in racemenu if addon added extra eyes thast would work 

Spoiler

13261-0-1513119235.jpg

Testing Update:

this is using the maggots wip of the mod, I was adjusting the spine and waist ingame to see if i could get it better aligned 

-please note this has no animations, its just a static, though it can move around without animations and though ironically the breasts physics works ... 

next stage is to adjust the spider's size and the overall size and then animation application 

seriously the maggot is doing some great work on this, if anyone is interested in helping us with modding and rigging or other skills  , please feel free to post

----------------

the initial size is rather small (size reference) (how it actually looks in game via wip mod) 

sizerefrence.png

489830_20220128212110_1.png.38c50f728651ea1d49c0fba196847ae2.png

spinal adjustments and modified waist (via ingame race menu sliders to get a better reference) i also played with some black demonic eyes 

1844650535_spinelength2.png.28016bac4fcc5bdcf702c1a2e143fd26.png1864241300_spinelength1.png.4b7086e2648d7cd5ab818eeb42e0b8e5.png

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2022 at 8:25 PM, Arieslia said:

any further updates to this, this actually looks like something i'd enjoy (always enjoyed playing as non-humanoid creatures)

still a wip, any new updates will come when new progress has been made or open testing 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 3:38 PM, submissive miss tris said:

gonna be real. i want this to come to fruition so i can get railed by a spider lady in skyrim

currently there is a pause in development as one of us had an emergency IRL 

im not sure when we will resume, if anyone wishes to work on it just let me know 

On 4/8/2022 at 9:16 PM, pleasetryme said:

so wishing to fill her spider womb up with some fresh sauce to make lots of baby spiders. would be mad that the mod will birth spawn some spiders that are smaller size and you have a spell to make them follow you like an army. 

lets get a functional body started 1st

• 2 weeks later...

Small update : everyone's fine  

the Arachne race wip , the maggot is currently trying to rig the skeleton , removed the residual human legs 

if anyone is good at animation or knows someone please let me know

in regards to LIANT by dbt9's , i can give the file away for personal use in SE (as i ported it for myself) 

DBT9 has ignored /refused me when i sent them a copy to make their life easier (i dont ask for credit i send out mods ports to creators a lot) , maybe an official one will be released but till then its just a dm away if someone wants her on SE/AE as a follower 

• 4 weeks later...

there are no centaur/arachne race animations ever released to public unfortunately :/  but there were private succesful attempts (or so it was claimed) all i have seen were very nice pictures of private arachne follower mod  on Tumblr some years ago, i kept searching and searching never found anything, so more or less you are pioneers in these and if some animator does not pick up will never be done, weird how people animated all kinds of crap thru years of skyrim modding yet no one wanted to touch  something important like a race

I still hold hope those 2 races will come in my lifetime xD