Centaurs SE

Centaur Race SE 

Elder-Scrolls Lore: 
Centaurs are a nomadic, intelligent beast race that possesses the head and torso of a tall powerfully-built man and the lower body of a horse.

They are legendary creatures who are worshipped by some and despised by others. Considered to be ancient and mysterious, centaurs are capable of sophisticated speech and refer to others as "mortals", suggesting that they possess a greater lifespan. In Valenwood, centaurs were one of the many civilizations inhabiting the province's vast jungles, predating the elven inhabitant's arrival. Following the fall of the Second Empire, they came to inhabit the abandoned human trading posts, and families of centaurs attended revelries in Falinesti alongside Bosmer, Wood Orcs, and Imga

Installation:
install the Centaurs Race (version number) into your game via a mod organizer
Using Fnis please select the box at the bottom for Spikethedragonlords centaur's alpha patch (its for LE, but functions to enable the SE variant) and then run fnis like normal 

About the mod
this was a personal project for a while that with help is finally available for the SE/AE players, this mod is a variation derived from spikethedragonlords alpha centaur race from LE, however there are some major changes to the performance and skeleton and nifs to allow for better functionality and addons for those who wish to develop them later on 

Compatibility 
racemenu: the bodyslider morphs tab dosnt respond for breasts if you use BHUNP 3bbb, but weight slider and other sliders do work in testing, requires a 3bbb or bhunp racemenu morphs addon eventually 
Proteus: is compatible with protues and other systems like it (you can make centaur followers this way) 
BHUNP & 3BBB : this allows for breast physics for female centaurs 
body for nevernude and other are also compatible as well as vannilla setups
Upper half of the body will pull from you other body mods, such as skins, textures facial, makeups ect

Recommended MODS
(will add as other suggest and create new addons/patches) 
FISSES: to buff performance and animation application in game

Notes:
some bugs will appear in animation depending on the type of animations used, or clipping, that really cant be helped

Permissions: 
Please feel free to use this mod as a resource, and to make patches or addons to it, but make sure to credit everyone involved in LE and SE version thanks

SE Credits and thanks
the Maggot : skeleton rework for compatibility and functionality, went above and beyond! created a new centaurs Gentelia addon 

More Nasty Critter mod for Gentelia resources used for centaur Gentelia 

LE Credits: thanks for making the mod and letting others work with it

Jboyd4
SpikeDragonLord
RustyShackleford69
Aerisarn (very special thanks to him for his amazing skills in custom animation implementation and for teaching us how to implement custom animations ourselves)
Groovtama (for his amazing XP32 Maximum Skeleton and helping us to better understand the skeleton's potential)
fore (for his amazing FNIS patch that will allow users to be able to enjoy our centaurs as well as his amazing mod)

Please also dont forget to share your centaur pics and videos, I look forward to seeing all the variations and styles !

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/19/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Racemenu, skse, Fnis
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by duzellx
46 minutes ago, bruhfrman said:

How would this work with sexlab? Would the player have horse animations or human animations? If so, would it be possible for someone to make centaur animations specifically for this race mod ?

currently the skeleton remake by The maggot has setups for genitals, and in testing it  should be able to pull from nasty creatures if setup (i dont have the desire to do that) 

for specific male & female genitals and integrations, it would have to be done in mesh or by some use of SOS or nasty or ect 

using creature framework to make the actor targeted to do horse or human specific animation depending on the situation selected would be the quick dirty method? 

more than likely a custom animation like werewolves, giants ect have would be best practice and have the other systems get a patch that let the framework know centaur was selected 

21 hours ago, venomr said:

I use nemesis and FNIS together, but I can't get the animarions to work yet. Either the Centaurs are T posing, or all races except centaurs are T  posing. 

I'll keep poking at it though.

should be functional as long as fnis is active in working with the skeleton part of animations 

please make sure the centaur race box at bottom is enabled else weird animations, also when animations start it usually takes a bit of time to load, i found fisses to help speed it up 

Further testing from the maggot , you can replace the centaur lower half with the morenasty creatures horse nif (rename it to centaur lower half) and it works 

this also works for horses SC and any other horse nif for the lower half (attached images) 

sccen1.png

sccen2.png

On 1/20/2022 at 7:55 PM, venomr said:

I use nemesis and FNIS together, but I can't get the animarions to work yet. Either the Centaurs are T posing, or all races except centaurs are T  posing. 

I'll keep poking at it though.

I am Working with FNIS and got the same problem with the animations. Centaur Race box is enabled. So there  must be a fix for the animations

MOD ADDON: Centaur Genitalia

Credits to nasty critters for the genitals resource and the Maggot for making this addon

Genitalia on both female and male

it uses nasty critters texture resource, if you dont want the esp you can use just textures to apply same effect for those who are esp limited 

MaleCentaur.png489830_20220120102227_1.png 

2 hours ago, MarcelXXX said:

I am Working with FNIS and got the same problem with the animations. Centaur Race box is enabled. So there  must be a fix for the animations

hmmm 

when you install is it overwriting the fnis file in anyway?  if its overwriting and causing static dont let it overwrite and see how it behaves let the default fnis .pex  work if thats the cause

here is my fnis setup for those that need clarification on what boxes im using  

image.png

2 hours ago, duzellx said:

MOD ADDON: Centaur Genitalia

Credits to nasty critters for the genitals resource and the Maggot for making this addon

Genitalia on both female and male

it uses nasty critters texture resource, if you dont want the esp you can use just textures to apply same effect for those who are esp limited 

MaleCentaur.png489830_20220120102227_1.png 

Does Centaur characters use horse animations for SL Scenes?

6 minutes ago, LewdZenn said:

Does Centaur characters use horse animations for SL Scenes?

At this time animation hookup for SL stuff isn't developed, and I'm not involved or part of those mods to alter them to hook this race(honestly not sure how id do it at all). 

so far on a quick test run the SL will target strip and see the character to push into SL scenes but the character will become motionless /no animations as SL has no individual hookups dedicated for this mod/race. 

If I had to make a guess at how to rig the SL scenes id state it should detect and use Female/Male horse scenes for anything directed towards lower half and humanoid scenes for anything related to upper half. that would eb the quick n dirty method, but dedicated animations doing that so to not look non immersive would be best for user experience I'd say , as doing it one way or the other on upper lower half would become static or clip ect

• 2 weeks later...

Colors race variation patch added for male and female 

both sfw and nsfw version 

simply overwrite main file with your color preference 

Also,  The Maggot and I are working on a spinoff Arachne race using centaurs as a basis 

thread for the wip and development 

colors centaur  banner.png

image 2.png

3 hours ago, Caggg said:

Love the idea and execution! I'm looking forward to hearing updates from this to integrate SexLab , keep it up :)

at this time i don't have any experience or ability to integrate this mod into it sexlab in anyway myself

permissions are open for anyone who has the time or ability to do so (as long as credits are given) 

currently I'm just making patches when i have the chance :(

i know getting a new race patch for sexlab isnt going to be easy, most races use a humanoid function for sexlab to target and like my HDT werewolves mod, creatures and sexlab can detect gender and species, and animations already exist so those can be applied simple enough.  

12 hours ago, Easytimen said:

Have you thinking about makinga futa version?

For those who want to play that way, (far be it from me to stop you) as I understand it from a quick search

" futa " is a girl with a male gentelia , so lower half genitals with a male part on a female upper half would suffice?

unzip the main gender file, take the male lower half ,and copy and paste to females lower half asset, they are the same name and interchangeable and use the nasty critters assets 

if that dosnt suffice it ,id assume someone from one of the futa modders could make a patch or something?

14 hours ago, ShinyRiolu said:

I understand its an alpha WIP. Love the mod as I have been hoping for years for a SE port, but the animations seem to be a bit jank. Hope that gets fixed. ☺️

Is it possible to add the horse footstep sounds? Seems eerily quiet when walking/running.

As stated in op im not the best with animations, my apologies, for horse sounds im not sure , it might be a side effect of how the skeleton is rigged as its tied into the human upper halfs, so a function for detecting footsetps on lower half would need to be developed 

while the LE was an alpha wip, this has been redone in a variation of ways from the original alpha by spikethedragon , progress wise I'd say it is more of an open beta. its not near done, but I think it's at least gone up a few steps in how it works 

initially it was just me reworking it as a side hobby , and thanks to the maggot, we were finally able to overcome the skeleton issues the LE version had, as converting it over had several issues with body rigging and function at least on the female side, males was more straightforward 

sadly, for the animations if we can get someone who's familiar with rigging cleaner/newer animations it could provide a better experience, but so far this is being worked on by 2 people on the side....

20 hours ago, twillinator1 said:

when in combat exclusively (i was testing to see the mod was like after my current play through is done) the horse part loses all function and is t posed where as the human half is fine

your animation mods for combat can cause that if they are not default 

normally for two handed weapons the horse will become stiff and bounce instead of move, same thing if your running with bows , this is due to how the lower half takes the state of that. more then likely new custom animations will, be required 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, OnceAPotato said:

Definitely gonna keep my eye on this. If anything, at minimum it may inspire some more MxCF animations to be made since it uses horse components. There's like, five total at the moment.

im hopeful those with a talent and passion will arise eventually to help spur this setup onward 

As a line of thought, because this mod got me thinking, for SL integration I think using human animations would be awkward. It would really make more sense to pull from horses for most sex, and possibly apply a second animation to the human half to allow masturbation animations during the main stuff. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be a lot less potentially jarring than them sinking into the ground for a human animation, or the human half not doing anything.