So I still can't start a new game anymore. I made a thread the day before the site went down which may have screwed me out of getting more help back then so I'm reposting my problem with some updated information.

I tried launching a new game in order to clear away bugs related to SexLab's stripping & Defeat creature surrender, but every time I start a new game it hangs on the logo screen with the music indefinitely. It doesn't even reach the Alternate Start cell or any loading screen before it. Clicking "New Game" just clears the menu away & leaves the logo & music of the main menu playing infinitely. I have tried multiple times now to start a new game but it never goes through.

I managed to disable enough new mods from my recent playthrough to load my original playthrough safely (it wasn't broken, I just didn't want to add too many plugins at once to prevent potential issues) & after setting up its new mods, the bugs plaguing my current playthrough never occurred again. All the more reason why I need to resolve this problem of not being able to start a new game so I can load all my desired mods without having either playthrough's issues.

I do not know what to do to fix this problem short of deleting every mod or reinstalling Skyrim, which I can't even do because my SE is currently & thankfully not updated for AE & never will be. I tried disabling each new mod in my manager's load order that was installed before my 2nd playthrough was made one by one & it changed nothing. Then I deleted multiple saves between both my 2 playthroughs thinking maybe it's some kind of space issue but that did nothing either.

Need a method to fix this that doesn't involve restarting my entire game folder from scratch. I really need help here as this has completely stonewalled my ability to mod SE further since I need to be able to start multiple new games when mods require it.

Current load order: https://modwat.ch/u/RSantos183

Notes about load order:

1. 1st playthrough has everything listed there, newest mods are the DD mods, ZaZ 8+, Maria Eden & its related plugins, SexLab Aroused/Creatures & the plugins related to SkyFem & MNC.

2. 2nd & current playthrough has Flower Girls, Abduction, & AP Skyrim plugins disabled.

3. None of it is sorted through LOOT as it & its Oblivion counterpart (BOSS) have fucked up my game & intended overwrites in the past so I'm not using LOOT. I will take suggestions to changes still but know this mimics my Oldrim order which works fine as it is.

Can also provide logs of whatever kind needed when asked, just need to know what & how to set up if there are others besides Papyrus & the kind like SexLab's.

Edited by LesboIsBesto

Just to be clear:

1)  Old save game work fine?  With the same mod list?  Only new games won't start using the same mod list?

2)  So when you select "New Game" nothing happens and you get a black screen? 

3)  No error messages anywhere?  Not in FNIS, LOOT, or anywhere else? 

4)  What mod manager are you using?  I ask this for the LOOT suggestion below.

If you load order is the same, then it seems to me there's something in the character creation or alternate start causing it?  Something that triggers in a new game if your old saves work fine. 

I really would suggest running LOOT, there may be a mod conflict you don't see.  You have a lot of mods I have never used, so I can't speak to your load order.  I use MO2, it's pretty easy to set your mods for correct overwrites.  I have not used other mod managers, so I don't know how that will change your overwrites. 

Run LOOT and just check that your overwrites are still the way you want them.  (Though that may be the source of your problem). 

Edited by ttts1
30 minutes ago, ttts1 said:

Just to be clear:

1)  Old save game work fine?  With the same mod list?  Only new games won't start using the same mod list?

2)  So when you select "New Game" nothing happens and you get a black screen? 

3)  No error messages anywhere?  Not in FNIS, LOOT, or anywhere else? 

4)  What mod manager are you using?  I ask this for the LOOT suggestion below.

If you load order is the same, then it seems to me there's something in the character creation or alternate start causing it?  Something that triggers in a new game if your old saves work fine. 

I really would suggest running LOOT, there may be a mod conflict you don't see.  You have a lot of mods I have never used, so I can't speak to your load order.  I use MO2, it's pretty easy to set your mods for correct overwrites.  I have not used other mod managers, so I don't know how that will change your overwrites. 

Run LOOT and just check that your overwrites are still the way you want them.  (Though that may be the source of your problem). 

1. All other saves I currently have from both playthrough's boot up perfectly fine but both have their own issues that make it necessary for me to start new games.

2. When I click "New Game", the menu options all vanish, the lil "hyah" sound plays like it confirmed a new game starting, yet the logo of that screen, the background & the music persist indefinitely.

3. I've ran FNIS for every animation mod I have & no issues from there, I dont use LOOT & I explained why already. This load order mostly mimics my Oldrim order (which works perfectly fine there) as in ESMs first, then core mods (CBBE, XPMSSE, FNIS, etc), then SexLab mods (excluding Maria Eden) & vanilla enhancements/overhauls, then animation mods, then weapon/armor/clothing mods, then large quest mods, then overwrite mods (Giantess, MoreWomen, etc), then environment/lighting/audio/texture replacers, then high priority mods like Jaxson Kicker & Dual Sheath (when I find a suitable SE version). There's nothing else I can think of that could display issues, though not sure how to point out potential issues with Papyrus logs or other mod logs.

4. Nexus Manager. Started with it years ago & its far too late for me to swap to MO2 or Vortex as it handles my larger Oldrim setup & smaller Fallout 4 too. Should note that for SE in particular, the manager & game are on separate drives so it installs symlinks for mods in place of normal files unlike ^those two games.

Edited by LesboIsBesto

May have hit a breakthrough at last. 

Maria Eden came with its own Quick Start cell & plugin (which I disabled so I could keep using Alternate Start cuz its superior) but it seems to not have mattered as new games wouldnt start still, even with the plugin removed, not just disabled. So when I removed Alternate Start, the wagon scene showed up, then I reinstalled Alt Start & that mod worked too!

When I then reinstalled Maria Eden & loaded Alt Start below it to take priority, the new games wouldnt start again. So this time I'm going to remove both the plugin & any associated scripts alongside it. If it works, then I can still use Maria Eden (and find out if its the reason my heels gear cannot be stripped by SexLab animations). If it still fails, then Maria Eden getting the boot.

Shame if it does, but the mod has changed too much since the Oldrim version I use & enjoy to be played with anymore if thats the case. I wont throw away mods I like for the sake of another, especially one that yeeted features I liked.

EDIT: Removing scripts & quick start plugin did nothing to fix no new game bug, Maria Eden gettin yeeted from game ) :

Edited by LesboIsBesto
  • LesboIsBesto changed the title to (SOLVED) Still can't start new game