Reginald's Simple Subtle Diamond City Expansion (BETA)

View File

- Adds housing in the background empty areas (decorative only)
- Adds 25 new (random) citizens, making DC feel much more crowded
- Makes all citizens (not security) in DC 'player activate only' (they don't talk to you unless spoken too).
- Adds new ambient sound to the center of DC to add to the ambience of a 'busy' place.

SHOULD be compatible with other 'diamond city expansion' mods, as long as you place this one BEFORE those in the load order.

INSTALLATION
Drag & Drop into your favorite mod manager.

Known issues
- Might interfere with other mods that touch upon DC. Place this one as LOW as possible in your load order (e.g. so it's loaded first and other mods load on top of this one. E.g. it should be 'low' in load order priority)
- Upon first entering DC all the new NPC's will be bunched up in the center market. If you sit & wait, sleep, or travel in/out of an interior cell the NPC's will spread out across DC and will remain there.
- NPC's have no sleep rhythm, nor do they have assigned beds. I headcanon this by thinking a place like this would be bustling at any time of day after the apocalypse. And having been to touristic places in Asia and Europe I know of many places that were truly never empty before Covid.

Future features if I'm in the mood (in order of likelihood)
- Configurable amount of citizens in the city (e.g. 12/25/32/40/60)
- Specific citizens for specific areas
- More detailing in the housing in the background
- New custom cells to make the houses in the back area accessible

ScreenShot1188.jpg.8e0b76a484bc6701c2a001ee0ec4bf04.jpg

Edited by Reginald_001
9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

This looks great, can't wait to try it out! I play with a lot of other mods which edit DC, so I'll try to give it some thorough compatibility testing with them.

Awesome. Let me know of any incompatibilities, make sure to place this 'low' in your load order so it doesn't overwrite other mods that change DC.

Gave this try and i like it :) more NPCs is always a nice thing, vanilla can be pretty empty. 

Compatibility wise, its (kinda) not compatible with diamond city expansion, which I would say is one of the more popular diamond city mods.

Spoiler

21853-1595346263-1273961816.jpeg

The area at the bottom right (Fenway shelters etc, East District) and the area to the left (Remnants of south district) are covered by the buildings you added, although I was still able to access the areas, as I could walk through your buildings as if they were not there.  I guess I could always disable them if they're just for show.

On 1/11/2022 at 10:28 PM, Evilhomer said:

Compatibility wise, its (kinda) not compatible with diamond city expansion, which I would say is one of the more popular diamond city mods.

The area at the bottom right (Fenway shelters etc, East District) and the area to the left (Remnants of south district) are covered by the buildings you added, although I was still able to access the areas, as I could walk through your buildings as if they were not there.  I guess I could always disable them if they're just for show.

Agreed, I'm using it and noticed the same. The mod can be found here if anyone else wants to test with it or suggest adjustments: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21853

This is definitely a great addition to the Diamond City mods mix though, I especially appreciate the extra ambience and characters!

Edit: While I really do like this, I ended up uninstalling it for now. I expect it's that I have too many content mods fighting to enhance DC already and have just happened to strike a truce between them, but adding this into the mix resulted in lots of loose objects and NPCs (and shortly thereafter, corpses of non-essential NPCs) warping randomly from place to place and falling from extreme heights. Amusing as it was, too many DC residents ended up dead from the ensuing chaos. If I'd had fewer mods editing the common DC cell it would probably have been fine.

Edited by vaultbait
  • 2 weeks later...